L3on1da

250 fps & 240 hz

I'm running it 144 fps solid.

Pretty sure the game will reach at least a max 250 fps. (^ @ the previous post "200" is mentioned ^)

But this will not have jumping advantage! Strafe-jumping is build in the engine ;)

EDIT - And @ghcts was a bit faster xD

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WeAsOne said:

I'm running it 144 fps solid.

Pretty sure the game will reach at least a max 250 fps.

But this will not have jumping advantage! Strafe-jumping is build in the engine ;)

EDIT - And @ghcts was a bit faster xD

Haha ;)

i was also wondering about this but on discord, i was told that their cap will be under 200fps or something along those lines and that you wont be able to hit 240hz, are there any new updates on that? was that cap only for the testing stages? Will it stay for EA/release? i would love to know more

Welcome to the forums @L3on1da, as mentioned above I also heard it would be capped at 200 or lower. Don't know if that's subject to change...

My 1080Ti/8700k rig runs the game with FPS locked at 200 on every map, with all ultra settings. Very promising for a game that's not even in beta  yet.

Hoping that they'll remove the 200 fps cap, though. My 240hz feels a bit wasted here (well, slightly). I don't see why FPS would affect jumping height/length if they've made their own engine (don't know what the game is built on though). 

Edited by BR34K

I think the game has probably a max fps of 250 as @WeAsOne said , this is probably  more likely a question for the developers and such..

Icompletely agreewith you.. I ahve 120 hz, i wanna upgrade to 240 hz, but in a competitive game like Battalion it should be a must this option (250 fps & 240 hz). Just hope..

The most important thing though is that YOU'RE getting ABOVE 240 fps on a 240 Hertz on this game otherwise i recommend a 144 hertz 1 

Remember if your 240Hz monitor refresh rate is interpolated and not native, you actually only need 120fps.

Edited by Tomme

guys what happens when I have 240HZ monitor and I run game at lower FPS ? like 200 or 140. the HZ will be coordinated with fps ? like 200 fps 200hz?

As soon as your GPU can put out more frames than your monitor's refresh rate, you're limited by the monitor.

144Hz can display anything up to 144fps, above that you'll get either tearing or you'd have to cap your frame rates using, for example vsync which has the tenancy to add some input lag (although how you experience this varies greatly per person).

144Hz monitors also have the upside of reducing input lag due to them refreshing more frequently.

• Like 1

@qozmyox there can be screen tear, but it is hardly noticeable at that hertz. If you buy a freesync or gsync monitor it will adjust your monitor hz to match your fps.

• Like 2

I'd love to get at least 240fps to properly utilise my 240hz monitor. Tough luck if it's not possible and screws with the engine.