Jump to content
Farq-S

If you consider yourself a gamer its your duty to watch this!

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

I play games to have fun and avoid problems in life. And not to have more of them.

i do too and agree 100% with what you say. this vid for me opened my eyes to the amount of real life already put into games that i  didn't even realise was there. games when i was growing up were just games and nothing more. but now many of them, particularly single-player games are "politicized". and i mean that in it's broadest sense and not just politics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mario was racist af

most media (things you watch on a screen) are biased, paid for and create more duality/polarity to make "right and wrong"  which remove the art.  even the music industry is now owned by oil companies

watch what you watch, listen to what you listen to

also, that being said, this guy and most of his videos are entitled, negative, toxic, and holier than thou

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Farq-S said:

i do too and agree 100% with what you say. this vid for me opened my eyes to the amount of real life already put into games that i  didn't even realise was there. games when i was growing up were just games and nothing more. but now many of them, particularly single-player games are "politicized". and i mean that in it's broadest sense and not just politics. 

No shit, I noticed this years ago when the typical FPS games with SP campaign in more modern area started like COD:MW and the likes...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Razor said:

No shit, I noticed this years ago when the typical FPS games with SP campaign in more modern area started like COD:MW and the likes...

i hardly play SP games. even playing COD, i always went straight to MP so all this politics stuff is new to me. apart from Witcher 3 the last SP game i played was Final Fantasy 7 back in 1997.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did always complete the SP in all games but the last in the COD series and a few others I didn't bother due to it being to "movie" like, to few choices if you know what I mean..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fish said:

[...]

watch what you watch, listen to what you listen to

also, that being said, this guy and most of his videos are entitled, negative, toxic, and holier than thou

 

Well said.

 

 

@Farq-S, considering your first reply I guess you really believe this video provides some deeper inside that needs to be shared, but it does not and here's why.

Story-telling, regardless whether in games, books, flicks or whatever of course does reflect things that are relevant to society. Therefore this may include morals, relations, politics, religion, you name it on various levels and depths. The more sophisticated things become, the more parallels can be drawn between those plots and actual - future, present or past - ongoings IRL. So, regardless the reasons a storyline got 'politized' (that term is as awful as it gets btw.) in the first place, at some point, it necessarily will become more serious in order to rise out of the shallow waters of good vs. evil. Think about it, there's nothing new to learn here. On top of that, in contrary to the guy from the video I wouldn't expect video games to take such a prominent spot as 'subconscious educational platform' and I do believe books, cartoons, movies, religious education and the regular day-to-day-struggles to have a greater impact in this regard.

Basically, all the video is about is a guy being unnecessarily surprised by the fact that some games' storylines aren't complete nonsense. The real motivation seems to boil down to him being angry about his situation. Being a video game reviewer, who rather wants to talk about politics, yet incapable of realizing a video game youtube channel isn't the most appropriate platform for doing so.

Besides that. I'm kind of worried how you already adapted those infamous clickbait headlines from youtube. Look, if you really mean it, we all got to watch that video, that is, then at least put some lines above the video telling us as to why it is so important.

Edited by RLpacifist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLpacifist said:

Well said.

 

 

@Farq-S, considering your first reply I guess you really believe this video provides some deeper inside that needs to be shared, but it does not and here's why.

Story-telling, regardless whether in games, books, flicks or whatever of course does reflect things that are relevant to society. Therefore this may include morals, relations, politics, religion, you name it on various levels and depths. The more sophisticated things become, the more parallels can be drawn between those plots and actual - future, present or past - ongoings IRL. So, regardless the reasons a storyline got 'politized' (that term is as awful as it gets btw.) in the first place, at some point, it necessarily will become more serious in order to rise out of the shallow waters of good vs. evil. Think about it, there's nothing new to learn here. On top of that, in contrary to the guy from the video I wouldn't expect video games to take such a prominent spot as 'subconscious educational platform' and I do believe books, cartoons, movies, religious education and the regular day-to-day-struggles to have a greater impact in this regard.

Basically, all the video is about is a guy being unnecessarily surprised by the fact that some games' storylines aren't complete nonsense. The real motivation seems to boil down to him being angry about his situation. Being a video game reviewer, who rather wants to talk about politics, yet incapable of realizing a video game youtube channel isn't the most appropriate platform for doing so.

Besides that. I'm kind of worried how you already adapted those infamous clickbait headlines from youtube. Look, if you really mean it, we all got to watch that video, that is, then at least put some lines above the video telling us as to why it is so important.

actually, i'm glad i didn't add more info to the title because its now clear to me that a) most people have been aware of this stuff for a long time and b) my knowledge of SP games is way behind the times because i rarely play them. so i'm sure all those that fall under point a) clicked off the vid in under 3 mins. sorry if the title comes across as clickbaity as that wasn't my intention but i really can't be arsed to go back and change it in the bargain basement section of the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×