Azakius

Any word on the game supporting 21:9 aspect ratio?

Building my new PC on Tuesday ready for Battalion 1944 (Hopefully get into the beta to play it sooner!) which will include a Asus PG348Q and wondered if anyone has mentioned the game supporting 21:9?

No worries if not but it would be amazing to see this game in Ultrawide.

I dont know for sure bit since its UE4 it should support such things and if not there are for sure commands to make custom resolutions.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Sergionator said:

I dont think that it's a good idea to play a competitive shooter in 21:9... just saying.

Agreed 

On 1/11/2018 at 8:22 AM, Sergionator said:

I dont think that it's a good idea to play a competitive shooter in 21:9... just saying.

How is having a 21:9 ratio monitor bad for competitive play? Are you saying because if don't correctly, it provides an advantage? That's like saying that you shouldn't have people with 100hz+ monitors playing against people that are still on 60hz. 

I don't think the developers would have the UI ready for 21:9 in time for the Closed Beta, or even the EA launch.

Regardless, you will be able to play the game in a 21:9 aspect ratio, as the game engine, Unreal Engine 4, in which the game is built on, allows you to do so. Though, it might require a few changes in config files and the like, but it'll work nonetheless.

Edited by nix

On 15/1/2018 at 3:01 PM, Shadowhaxor said:

How is having a 21:9 ratio monitor bad for competitive play? Are you saying because if don't correctly, it provides an advantage? That's like saying that you shouldn't have people with 100hz+ monitors playing against people that are still on 60hz. 

An advantage ? Just the opposite, in 21:9 you can't see all the screen without moving the head and that's a disadvantage. That's the reason why most pro players use even 4:3 resolutions in games that allow them to do so, so they can reach all the zones of the screen with a minimal movement of the eye. Ofc we are not on those levels, but a 21:9 screen is definitely a disadvantage for competitive shooters.

Edited by Sergionator

Sorry for my English, not my native.

If you sit in front of your screen like Scream from G2.

I have 21:9 for a very long time, and I have no problem to to play FPS games mostly (csgo, battlefield,cod).

Even pros sometimes because of 4:3 limitation, they miss opponents (many times when I was watching csgo on twitch, there were situations when they missed someone because of 4:3 when at stream in 16:9 he could have seen him easily).

You can always plays with black bars, just like pros, but if you decide to not play competitive game atm, than 21:9 is just glorious :)

Never going back to 16:9, it's like when you try 120hz for the first time, it's hard to go back to 60hz ;) same with 21:9 monitors :)

33 minutes ago, Interceptor said:

Sorry for my English, not my native.

If you sit in front of your screen like Scream from G2.

I have 21:9 for a very long time, and I have no problem to to play FPS games mostly (csgo, battlefield,cod).

Even pros sometimes because of 4:3 limitation, they miss opponents (many times when I was watching csgo on twitch, there were situations when they missed someone because of 4:3 when at stream in 16:9 he could have seen him easily).

You can always plays with black bars, just like pros, but if you decide to not play competitive game atm, than 21:9 is just glorious :)

Never going back to 16:9, it's like when you try 120hz for the first time, it's hard to go back to 60hz ;) same with 21:9 monitors :)

Keep in mind though it's all about preference