DDD

Update the news page

I'm referring to this homepage. It may be misleading for some new visitors to see latest news on the official website being about some early alpha in August last year. Worst case scenario someone misses out on the game. 

True that, i've also been thinking that.
Homepage, latest trailer, news, ... nothing is beeing updated 

• Upvote 1

The game isn't even in beta, so i'm sure they'll update once the time is right. The website probably doesn't get much of attention at this moment anyway. I'm confident they would've updated it regularly if the number of registered hits on the homepage were significant. Give 'em time to develop the game and the rest will follow... ^^

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, BlueSmiley said:

The game isn't even in beta, so i'm sure they'll update once the time is right. The website probably doesn't get much of attention at this moment anyway. I'm confident they would've updated it regularly if the number of registered hits on the homepage were significant. Give 'em time to develop the game and the rest will follow... ^^

like i've said in another thread Bat44 is close to the point when it needs to be pushed to a wider audience. people are starting to see alpha footage and their natural next step would be to visit the homepage and the Bulkhead youtube channel. when they get there what will they see? content which is always one step behind. they would probably never click on the homepage again. little things like updating the homepage are becoming critical at this stage so i'm hoping we see the marketing push spring to life when the trailer releases on 9-Jan.

• Upvote 3

I hope they have some plans to involve some streamers into their marketing campaign. EA is right around the corner and there is still not a lot of hype around this game. I don't think one gameplay trailer will change that. But who knows ... maybe it will be mind blowing and I am wrong about that. Yet, I don't think creating hype so slow and on such a low level is a way to go. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DarkMortyr said:

and there is still not a lot of hype around this game.

That is an understatement. 99% of the people I talk with have no idea what battalion 1944 is. 

Edited by Firefly
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Firefly said:

That is an understatement. 99% of the people I talk with have no fking idea what battalion 1944 is. 

this has been my experience too. i tell people its coming but without much gameplay to push them to i lose them almost immediately. for example, hell let loose has barely been around 2 minutes but they've put out interviews with gameplay footage and them talking about gameplay elements and they're not even in alpha yet but more people i speak to know about hell let loose than Battalion.

an opposite example to hell let loose is days of war. i stand to be corrected but all they did was put out very impressive trailers but very little gameplay or dev interviews so when it went to EA it died on arrival because it played nothing like people expected. it didn't help that the game is shite but the point is players weren't made to understand what they were getting beforehand.

by all means tightly control what gameplay goes out there but put more out there because more is better than less when it comes to marketing a new IP. people like joe and phantasy must be recording a ton of alpha gameplay. why not use it. at the early stages of development the devs streamed some of their lunchtime CoD2 gaming sessions. players like nothing more than seeing devs playing their own game so why not bring back the impromptu streams but playing Bat44 instead.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 1

All I know is that when I see about a game in development that gets me interested, the first thing I do is try to find fresh devblog/roadmap info, and if I don't find it on the official website I'll for sure asume the game died after alpha last August. The risk is that I might not go looking on Facebook or twitter, or even steam..

Perhaps its a small amount if potential players that would be affected by this, but it seems like an extremely small price to pay. It's just some copy pasting, right?? All the platforms are already there. 

4 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Are you guys on about the website or the forum? Which homepage do you mean ? Link me.

Www.battaliongame.com, news page. 

Ah that's mainly because we have gone dark. We are getting a totally new website soon so we have kind of neglected it. Soon it will be looking loads better dw

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 05/01/2018 at 9:38 AM, [CM] BigTuna said:

Ah that's mainly because we have gone dark. We are getting a totally new website soon so we have kind of neglected it. Soon it will be looking loads better dw

Aye, that's great news. 

I just find it very weird that you didn't even post the thing about going dark. For someone new finding this page and checking it out it looks as if the game died in alpha in August last year. 

On 1/5/2018 at 6:38 PM, [CM] BigTuna said:

FYI, there are those of us that font use Twitter and/or Facebook, so the website is where we gather information. I imagine if the website had large enough traffic, that these pages may be updated more frequently.

Anyway Looking forward to Tomorrow and hopefully that will make the news page :)

4 minutes ago, Slawdawgz said:

FYI, there are those of us that font use Twitter and/or Facebook, so the website is where we gather information. I imagine if the website had large enough traffic, that these pages may be updated more frequently.

Anyway Looking forward to Tomorrow and hopefully that will make the news page :)

Tomorrow ? I thought the gameplay trailer was 9th january or am I wrong lol.

49 minutes ago, ghcts said:

Tomorrow ? I thought the gameplay trailer was 9th january or am I wrong lol.

I'm in Australia and its 9.23am on the 8th of January :)