ghcts

Fps advantage strafe jumping.

In cod2/4 you could have a fps advantage that made you strafe further or higher , like 333 fps was banned on cod 4 promod i think for having jump advantage , so most of the people out here are playing with 125-250 is there gonna be a advantage in battalion 1944 for people who have got a good pc , and people who have low end pcs , who even can't get above 100 fps , idk if this something about the engine , but i was just thinking about it , i know  this (doesn't really make a differents though)

No, they have hard coded the strafe bug back into the game because this engine does not have the "quake bug." They have come out and said that fps will not matter for the distance/height since they have only coded it as a speed multiplier.

No, there won't be any magic sweet spot values for fps that give you those advantages like they did in cod, different engine, different game :) 
They want the playing experience to be as equal as possible for everyone. 

I mean, it would matter if you got like 300fps in any game, it's just science lol. It will change things, but... we cap at 200fps and there is no sweet spot below that.

However, like all other games, animations are played at 60 frames per second, so if you have 30 frames per second you will shoot slower.. No way around that, but a new PC :D 

Bramm

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

I mean, it would matter if you got like 300fps in any game, it's just science lol. It will change things, but... we cap at 200fps and there is no sweet spot below that.

However, like all other games, animations are played at 60 frames per second, so if you have 30 frames per second you will shoot slower.. No way around that, but a new PC :D 

Bramm

not aiming 240hz for the moment then? Maybe in the future?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ISKANDER said:

not aiming 240hz for the moment then? Maybe in the future?

I was going to ask the same thing.

If there isn’t any fps related bug with 240-250 fps I don’t see any reason to not have the cap higher (at least 240). 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ISKANDER said:

240hz

You mixing therms here or? Hz isn't the same as FPS...

"They are two separate things. FPS is how many frames your gaming computer is producing or drawing, while the refresh rate is how many times the monitor is refreshing the image on the screen. The refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor does not affect the frame rate (FPS) your GPU will be outputting. However, if your FPS is higher than your refresh rate, your display will not be able to display all of the frames your computer is producing, so although the refresh rate doesn’t technically limit the frame rate, it does effectively set a cap."

Edited by Razor
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Razor said:

"They are two separate things. FPS is how many frames your gaming computer is producing or drawing, while the refresh rate is how many times the monitor is refreshing the image on the screen. The refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor does not affect the frame rate (FPS) your GPU will be outputting. However, if your FPS is higher than your refresh rate, your display will not be able to display all of the frames your computer is producing, so although the refresh rate doesn’t technically limit the frame rate, it does effectively set a cap."

Clearly he's talking about people using 240Hz monitors who would want a constant 240 FPS. You're being slightly pedantic. :)

Edited by Duncan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Razor said:

Well, everyone is talking about fps as I see it....

As much as they are different, I would say that Hz and FPS are quite interchangeable in this context. The fact that they are capping FPS to 200 means people using 240Hz monitors (which are becoming more popular) won't be able to use their monitors full potential. That's the point @ISKANDER was making I believe. No need to downvote me... it wasn't an attack lol.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Razor said:

Hey, if you want to use a 240hz monitor, then you have to play with at least 240fps to use your monitor potential. Currently, the game block the fps at 200, so you can't take advantage of your 240hz monitor.

13 hours ago, Duncan said:

As much as they are different, I would say that Hz and FPS are quite interchangeable in this context. The fact that they are capping FPS to 200 means people using 240Hz monitors (which are becoming more popular) won't be able to use their monitors full potential. That's the point @ISKANDER was making I believe. No need to downvote me... it wasn't an attack lol.

exactly

Edited by ISKANDER
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ghcts said:

Some of you guys aswner are in this vid... 

Even though i don't know anything about it...

We are not really talking about that, just that some players are using a 240hz monitor, if they want to use this high refresh rate, they need at least 240 fps, that's all :)

Edited by ISKANDER
  • Upvote 1

On 28. 12. 2017. at 11:42 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Bramm

lot of people compare Cod and battalio but its still beta after EA some bugs and fps drops will be fixed ?  

On 28. 12. 2017. at 2:18 AM, ghcts said:

In cod2/4 you could have a fps advantage that made you strafe further or higher , like 333 fps was banned on cod 4 promod i think for having jump advantage , so most of the people out here are playing with 125-250 is there gonna be a advantage in battalion 1944 for people who have got a good pc , and people who have low end pcs , who even can't get above 100 fps , idk if this something about the engine , but i was just thinking about it , i know  this (doesn't really make a differents though)

I dont think that  in this game will be a fps advantage like in call of duty 2 /4 becose its not call of duty and not same engine.