Duncan

Hello

Hello,

I'm 23 years old and have been playing FPS games for about 10 years (not very long I know). The first FPS game I can remember playing was CoD3 - I actually borrowed it from a classmate. I eventually got a PS3 and played CoD4 (eventhough WaW was out) until MW2 was released. I guess MW2 was the FPS game that got me hooked on the genre. I have played every CoD since then (apart from IW). I (and the friends I played with) played CoD4 ProMod for a number of years and used IRCs and ESL to find scrims however we were only ever 'high' at a push. For whatever reason I've never really gotten into CS. I think it's because it's a different style of FPS game and due to it being slower and more basic in a lot of ways. The point and click/hipfire gameplay that CS provides had just never appealed to me. I've also played many other FPS games such as Battlefield, Heroes & Generals and Rainbow 6: Siege to name a few (all of which are interesting games in their own ways but just don't cut it when all you want is a new version of ProMod).

I've been playing a lot of WW2 recently and as much as there are a lot of things wrong with it, for me, it's easily the best CoD in recent years simply because there is no jetpacks or wall running (there actually still is 'wall running' in WW2 for the OGs reading this).

I need an FPS game that's fun to play in a public environment (like the ProMod Netsky servers for instance) that also offers a competitive environment with ranks and ladders. I need an FPS that runs on dedicated servers, has fluid movement and balanced guns/maps. From what I've seen, this is what Battalion is aiming to be - I just wish I had become a backer when I had the chance!

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

I need an FPS game that's fun to play in a public environment (like the ProMod Netsky servers for instance) that also offers a competitive environment with ranks and ladders. I need an FPS that runs on dedicated servers, has fluid movement and balanced guns/maps. From what I've seen, this is what Battalion is aiming to be - I just wish I had become a backer when I had the chance!

Cheers!

Welcome Duncan,

Couldn't agree more