Firefly

Any CoD UO players out there?

I still played S&D on Carentan, Brecourt and Harbor xD mostly Rifles only..

But sometimed i boot up UO and go to that HUGE server and play Base Assault (but laggy as s***, it's an american server i think)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

I still played S&D on Carentan, Brecourt and Harbor xD mostly Rifles only..

But sometimed i boot up UO and go to that HUGE server and play Base Assault (but laggy as s***, it's an american server i think)

There is still an active BAS server over there? I didn't touch the game for years. 

I did rifles only too sometimes, but my performance depended on the time of the day, my mood, position of the moon, ...

1 hour ago, Firefly said:

There is still an active BAS server over there?

Last time i checked it was! Last touched it 5 months ago i think..

31 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

Last time i checked it was! Last touched it 5 months ago i think..

Impressive. That really shows how good the game is. Hopefully BAT44 can remind everyone what a real game looks like. 

So... do you like BAS? Would you like it more in a rifle-only setting?

Edited by Firefly

I like BAS but i bought this game for S&D.. BAS with rifles only.. idc they cant hit me with smg when i can hit them with a rifle from a distance :P

You can still rent a server for cod uo, so when you have a group to play with you can jump back in right away :D

As a mod for the game i would like everything.. the more diversity the better ;)

17 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

I like BAS but i bought this game for S&D.. BAS with rifles only.. idc they cant hit me with smg when i can hit them with a rifle from a distance :P

You can still rent a server for cod uo, so when you have a group to play with you can jump back in right away :D

As a mod for the game i would like everything.. the more diversity the better ;)

I currently don't have a group to play with. I lost contact with all my friends from the CoD UO days.

I was thinking of renting a BAT44 server and configuring it CoD UO style... just need to know what to do to attract the most ppl. 

I'm guessing you'd like to see a rifle only SD on Harbor first? :P

5 minutes ago, ghcts said:

Not really my style but GL!

It's not my favourite style either. I just need to know how many CoD UO ppl there are and what most of them like. Need to start somewhere...

edit: or did you mean cod uo in general? I thought you meant rifle only SD.

Edited by Firefly

1 hour ago, Firefly said:

I was thinking of renting a BAT44 server and configuring it CoD UO style...

I wonder how hard it is to implement vehicles in a game that doesn't have them.. Or don't you NEED vehicles in your server?

24 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

I wonder how hard it is to implement vehicles in a game that doesn't have them.. Or don't you NEED vehicles in your server?

Vehicles aren't necessary, although it would be great.

It's possible to create an alternative game mode too, that is not necessarily BAS. For example...  you can put 3 objects per team on the map and the team that destroys all 3 of the enemy's objects first wins. It can be a bunker like in BAS, of which you have to blow up the walls first and then plant explosives inside it. But you can also go for something simpler like just a crate or another object that you need to plant bombs on. 

23 minutes ago, ghcts said:

Just the team Deathmatch , normal SD

Well, among the things I played in COD UO, there was TDM. There was a 24/7 Foy server, in which each round took 45 minutes. What type of TDM did you play?

10 minutes ago, Firefly said:

It's possible to create an alternative game mode too, that is not necessarily BAS. For example...  you can put 3 objects per team on the map and the team that destroys all 3 of the enemy's objects first wins. It can be a bunker like in BAS, of which you have to blow up the walls first and then plant explosives inside it. But you can also go for something simpler like just a crate or another object that you need to plant bombs on. 

sounds great

5 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

sounds great

And if we make a big map for it and set it 45 minutes per match, it will also have a bit of sandbox/TDM feeling, where you can utilise tactics with your friends if you'd like, instead of being in a super rush all the time like in CoD WW2. 

I like this.. ofc im in love with the main game, but i also remember how much fun all the differnt gametypes and mods were.. awesome

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ghcts said:

I most likely played like semi rifles

Do you like what we just talked about?

"It's possible to create an alternative game mode too, that is not necessarily BAS. For example...  you can put 3 objects per team on the map and the team that destroys all 3 of the enemy's objects first wins. It can be a bunker like in BAS, of which you have to blow up the walls first and then plant explosives inside it. But you can also go for something simpler like just a crate or another object that you need to plant bombs on. "

"And if we make a big map for it and set it 45 minutes per match, it will also have a bit of sandbox/TDM feeling, where you can utilise tactics with your friends if you'd like, instead of being in a super rush all the time like in CoD WW2. "

This is actually not a bad idea! This could be pretty fun. GJ finding that ;)

I myself would love that! I would play this with my friends all day.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ghcts said:

This is actually not a bad idea! This could be pretty fun. GJ finding that ;)

I myself would love that! I would play this with my friends all day.

That's great to hear!!

If there is enough interest, and if I see that the game will make this possible, then I'll do my best to get this sorted out.

Coding isn't my strongest point, but I can pay more experienced people money to assist. 

Now we just need to think of a CoD UO map to remake for this. Shouldn't be too small, otherwise you get typical CoD WW2 again, and that's what we're trying to avoid here :P

I myself like mountains and forests , like in the game Tannenberg , this could be pretty cool, and also like Foy i love the snow

2 minutes ago, ghcts said:

I myself like mountains and forests , like in the game Tannenberg , this could be pretty cool, and also like Foy i love the snow

Foy was one of my favourites in CoD UO. 

Hurtgen is another relatively big map, which could be an alternative if Foy is too big. If you remember, that's a hilly snowy forest :)

Edited by Firefly
  • Upvote 1

Yeah , even though you maybe could add something like small towns or otherwise the trench gun (shotgun) is gonna be useless in those bigger maps.