Don Camillo

Game Pace

My suggestions :)

I think, it doesn't take much for a successful game. No special Game modes, no special Weapons, no much unnecessary configuration tricks. Just the same conditions for all.

It takes only good maps without Camping site and a good Hitfeeling. In the 4 Classes  Storm, Medic, Supporter and Sniper everybody finds himself again

In Germany there were times a game called Moorhuhn (crazy chicken Tales or chicken hunter) hunting. Very simple but great a international Game Hit. This is the recipe for success.

I am sure that the popularity of cod fan base has decreased with increasing speed in later versions.

In addition to the unnecessary extensions, the increased tempo was the main reason for the Cod player to switch to CS.  

Exactly aim as in Cod 1 + 2 or Counter strike should be more important like Barrage

I would also waive rankings etc.  It is in the nature of things that less successful players become frustrated and short or long turn their backs on the game.

In Cod1+2, all players started each round of zero. That was very good for the community. 

Games magazines always demand something new to highlight differences. But this is not relevant for the fun...

So weapon/configuration wise, you're looking for something like CoD 1? 

In CoD 1, when you joined a server, you could choose a weapon from a small list of weapons to spawn with. You could press escape and select a different weapon anytime and when you died, you spawned with that new weapon. You automatically got a pistol, a grenade and a smoke grenade with it. Depending on the server also an explosive charge. 

Weapons were faction restricted. So as Brit, you could choose e.g. sten, bren, lee enfield, ....

As American: thompson, m1 garand, m1a1 carbine, bar, springfield sniper....

German: stg44, mp40, kar98k, kar98k scoped.....

Russian: ppsh, mosin nagant, mosin nagant scoped... etc etc

3 hours ago, Don Camillo said:

I think, it doesn't take much for a successful game. No special Game modes, no special Weapons, no much unnecessary configuration tricks. Just the same conditions for all.

It takes only good maps without Camping site and a good Hitfeeling. In the 4 Classes  Storm, Medic, Supporter and Sniper everybody finds himself again

I think you're wrong, it does need quite a bit to be successful. And it all need to be build to fit the genera it aims for. From dedicated servers, what server/client side settings you have to choose from, matchmaking, weapons and much more...

If it only took a good map to be successful, why does some games fail totally but yet the maps are converted to other games for enjoyment?

• Upvote 1

I don't think you understand what I want to say in the core. My statements are not about server settings or These Things but about Basics.

Everyone who played Cod1 + 2 should be able to understand what I mean.
In the following titles, more and more possibilities have been created which have brought the game out of the imbalance. 
Even in newer titles like BF1 you see that this leads to Fun Problems.

Of course, each class should have its own weapon but you do not need this weapon yet with many configuration Options.
It is not supposed to be good just because he is a master of attitudes. It should be able to assess the situation well and quickly aim/shoot.

The huge continued success of the first two cod titles at the time was due to its simplicity and the same conditions for all players.
... and just that you didn't have any real ranking systems.

1 minute ago, Don Camillo said:

The huge continued success of the first two cod titles at the time was due to its simplicity and the same conditions for all players.

Battalion is all about "same conditions for all players"!

Battalion 1944 is a classic competitive shooter with an emphasis on raw skill. No grinding for game play altering unlocks, just you and your skill as a player.

Idk , the developers said that you can't choose a different gun everytime , but you'll get a cooldown for that specific weapon if you swap to much So yeah..