Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Firefly

Clan functions and clan battles

Recommended Posts

Hey!

The game looks pretty promising and I heard that there will be a clan feature within the game. Are there any details about it? Here are a few things that would make it great:

- Being in a clan should not just be putting [clantag] behind your name. There needs to be a clan function. Leader clicks some sort of create clan button, and then he can invite people into it.

- On the main menu, all members of the clan have a permanent clan chat. There you can see immediatly who's online and chat with your clan mates. Probably leaders should be able to pin announcements on top of the chat too. 

- You need to be able to invite all your online clan mates into your match/party/server by one click. 

- There needs to be some sort of competitive clan battle function. The simplest form would be a clan battles function that's available anytime. It goes like this: a guy can create a party, invite all clan members to it, and when the party is full, the creator clicks a "find battle" button. Then the system matches the clan party against another clan party that went through the same process. You can start or stop doing this any time. 

You can make some sort of ladder out of this where clans get their position depending on their win rate, streak, whatever. If your game is going to have any type of in-game currency, you can award some of that to the top x clans each week. 

More interesting would be to have a way to somewhat choose your opponent, which would increase rivalry and competition. Imagine something like a map divided in provinces or something. For the sake of allowing me to explain easily, lets imagine there are 4 provinces (in reality it would be more). Each province has its own battle times. For example, battles for province 1 start at 20.00 CET, province 2: 02.00 CET, province 3: 08.00 CET, province 4: 14.00 CET (to allow clans from all over the world to take part). A clan can apply for a province till 1h before the battles start (ofc you dont have to. Its the clan's own choice whether it wants to participate or not. And it's also the clan's choice for which and for how many provinces it applies). Then, a single elimination tournament takes place between each clan that applied for the province. The winner gets the province. The province grants the clan that owns it some in-game currency each day. Next day, same thing happens. However, this time, the winner of the tournament will have to fight the province owner before getting the province. And that's how it continues daily.

This type of system would be more competitive and would increase rivalry. 

In fact, you could even implement both of these systems. 

Edited by Firefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Firefly said:

- On the main menu, all members of the clan have a permanent clan chat. There you can see immediatly who's online and chat with your clan mates. Probably leaders should be able to pin announcements on top of the chat too. 

Clan chat ... games like LOL or WOT has clan chat but the games arent released on STEAM.... games on steam has opportunity to use steam platform in its full potential - creating group, chat etc... Or also there is a awesome software for it: DISCORD and it is free so making announcement is easy AF in discord :) So in game chat is a bit useless and a time killer to make same function again... if you know how steam works... so you will find this step logical. I believe :)

9 hours ago, Firefly said:

- You need to be able to invite all your online clan mates into your match/party/server by one click. 

- There needs to be some sort of competitive clan battle function. The simplest form would be a clan battles function that's available anytime. It goes like this: a guy can create a party, invite all clan members to it, and when the party is full, the creator clicks a "find battle" button. Then the system matches the clan party against another clan party that went through the same process. You can start or stop doing this any time. 

I think this is already in development ... so yes ... it will be in the game ;) expect functionality something like csgo - matchmaking with friends or clan members... adding friends .. etc. because CSGO and Battalion use steam and its functions :) so it could be similar 

9 hours ago, Firefly said:

You can make some sort of ladder out of this where clans get their position depending on their win rate, streak, whatever. If your game is going to have any type of in-game currency, you can award some of that to the top x clans each week. 

You can expect in game "Tiers" smth like csgo (personal ranking) and LOL (team ranking) competitive ladder but in game currency awards will not be causal I guess... I think you bring some ideas from World of Tanks.. it is ok but not of them could be applied bacause of different game and price model, clan wars... etc..

Tournaments or "night cups" are great. It is an interesting idea what you wrote but a bit complicated... There is no info about official online tournaments yet. But I hope we will see some of them after early access release :) but how the tournament system gonna look.... nobody knows... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lyseeq said:

Clan chat ... games like LOL or WOT has clan chat but the games arent released on STEAM.... games on steam has opportunity to use steam platform in its full potential - creating group, chat etc... Or also there is a awesome software for it: DISCORD and it is free so making announcement is easy AF in discord :) So in game chat is a bit useless and a time killer to make same function again... if you know how steam works... so you will find this step logical. I believe :)

I think this is already in development ... so yes ... it will be in the game ;) expect functionality something like csgo - matchmaking with friends or clan members... adding friends .. etc. because CSGO and Battalion use steam and its functions :) so it could be similar 

You can expect in game "Tiers" smth like csgo (personal ranking) and LOL (team ranking) competitive ladder but in game currency awards will not be causal I guess... I think you bring some ideas from World of Tanks.. it is ok but not of them could be applied bacause of different game and price model, clan wars... etc..

Tournaments or "night cups" are great. It is an interesting idea what you wrote but a bit complicated... There is no info about official online tournaments yet. But I hope we will see some of them after early access release :) but how the tournament system gonna look.... nobody knows... 

Hey Lyseeq,

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

I thought a clan chat would be useful because not everyone is familiar with steam functions. The group chat of steam is quite hidden, and you need to get there manually each time you log in. It's just not a favourable way to try to get all your people in one chatroom. Discord is of course very handy, and I'm thinking most clans will either use that or teamspeak. However, nothing beats the good ol' in-game chat channel that all clan members are in by default. It makes contacting your people and seeing how many of your people are actually online in the game a bit easier. I thought this common chat would be among the things that would be the easiest to implement. So simple, yet so useful (excuse me if I'm wrong. I'm not a developer).

It's true that I have taken a few things in World of Tanks as an example. I did that because they are really making the community & teamplay aspect of the game interesting. And I don't see why a new fps could have some of such elements. I mean... all current fps games are almost the same. Maybe it's time for somebody to come with a new "invention" that will attract the attention of the masses for a generation to come. Imagine that you could attract people from multiple types of games and not only FPS games. Personally, I know that I'd convince at least a dozen of my friends to buy such a game. 

Anyway, I am quite happy to hear that there will be some form of clans and a way for clans to play together. I think I'll buy the game even if my overly zealous ideas aren't implemented. 

Edited by Firefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Firefly said:

It's true that I have taken a few things in World of Tanks as an example. I did that because they are really making the community & teamplay aspect of the game interesting. And I don't see why a new fps could have some of such elements. I mean... all current fps games are almost the same. Maybe it's time for somebody to come with a new "invention" that will attract the attention of the masses for a generation to come. Imagine that you could attract people from multiple types of games and not only FPS games. Personally, I know that I'd convince at least a dozen of my friends to buy such a game. 

WoT is a great game ... I tried it and I was shocked how fast you can get in a match :) It surprised me AF! 

Clan chat could be useful ... as you said but lot of pc players are used to steam platform and its really easy to use ,so implementing ingame clan/team chat like WoT has is a bit time consuming ... and the time could be put rather in new map or smth like that...

If you want go check steam features right now... it quite nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×