Farq-S

Battalion 1944 - Official Pre-Announcement Trailer (2018)

12 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

@[CM] BigTuna, @[CM] Phantasy,

now that you guys have switched the lights back on can you confirm if Alpha 0.5 is open to Early Access backers? if so, i'll DM you my pledge details.

Alpha and early access backers?

There were different tiers in backing this game, alpha, beta and early access (and some in between).
But basicly it means that people who bought alpha get to play during the alpha weekend right now. As long as the game is in "ALPHA" , beta and EA backers won't get their hands on the game yet. So even  if it comes up to alpha 0.50 ;) . 

There still hasn't been a beta yet, so if the next alpha turns out the game will go  into beta, there still won't be early access users who can get to play. 
As of my predictions I think the game hits early access somewhere february.

At least this is what I think, correct me if i'm wrong guys xD

Only thing I saw they let beta backers in on the last round, and I guess again this round in thursday and saturday.

Edit, from last update: "Hey guys, This is for Alpha & Beta backers! But sooner than you think, early access backers will be able to play! "

Edited by Razor
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dark said:

Alpha and early access backers?

There were different tiers in backing this game, alpha, beta and early access (and some in between).
But basicly it means that people who bought alpha get to play during the alpha weekend right now. As long as the game is in "ALPHA" , beta and EA backers won't get their hands on the game yet. So even  if it comes up to alpha 0.50 ;) . 

There still hasn't been a beta yet, so if the next alpha turns out the game will go  into beta, there still won't be early access users who can get to play. 
As of my predictions I think the game hits early access somewhere february.

At least this is what I think, correct me if i'm wrong guys xD

i'm asking for confirmation on the basis of this email i got yesterday. if i'm reading it right, beta and EA backers will be able to access alpha 0.5 this weekend.

aplha 0-5.GIF

Just the wording I think. This weekend is for Alpha plus Beta backers. Early Access backers soon™. By the looks of it Early Access will be mid Jan, (hopefully) shortly after their announcement trailer on the 9th goes live. 

Edit - To add to that. I believe the reasoning for Beta backers to be in this 'Alpha' is because the game will go to Early Access mid Jan and there won't be a specific 'Closed Beta'. Just my own speculation, though.

Edited by Freakshow

6 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

Just the wording I think. This weekend is for Alpha plus Beta backers. Early Access backers soon™. By the looks of it Early Access will be mid Jan, (hopefully) shortly after their announcement trailer on the 9th goes live. 

Edit - To add to that. I believe the reasoning for Beta backers to be in this 'Alpha' is because the game will go to Early Access mid Jan and there won't be a specific 'Closed Beta'. Just my own speculation, though.

again, this is why i want confirmation. it's a announcement for an alpha test. if EA backers can't play it why even mention EA players at all? especially in the first sentence of an announcement. but, i guess you're interpretation is correct.

• Upvote 1

IMHO everything is in punctuation  : "This (Alpha 0.5) is for Alpha & Beta backers ! (STOP) But sooner than you think, early access backers will be able to play! "

They are not mentionning Alpha 0.5 is for EA backers.

28 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

if EA backers can't play it why even mention EA players at all

This is advertisement. They are mentionning EA to create hype and tell them they will get their hands in the game sooner than expected. This is teasing ! :P

1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

i'm asking for confirmation on the basis of this email i got yesterday. if i'm reading it right, beta and EA backers will be able to access alpha 0.5 this weekend.

aplha 0-5.GIF

Oh what? first thing i hear of that :o 
Well then xD
I don't see how beta backers got anymore more out of their tier, then ea backers. 

16 minutes ago, Dark said:

Oh what? first thing i hear of that :o 
Well then xD
I don't see how beta backers got anymore more out of their tier, then ea backers. 

like freakshow pointed out, they're probably going to skip beta and go straight to EA.

39 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

IMHO everything is in punctuation  : "This (Alpha 0.5) is for Alpha & Beta backers ! (STOP) But sooner than you think, early access backers will be able to play! "

They are not mentionning Alpha 0.5 is for EA backers.

This is advertisement. They are mentionning EA to create hype and tell them they will get their hands in the game sooner than expected. This is teasing ! :P

no more teasing in a test announcement please. makes people like me too excitable. 9_9