Jump to content
ghcts

Ideas Batallion :)

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about left handed , for people who are left handed ofcourse , and i've got another idea , is the gun placement , so people can customized the model where it is , Maybe they like it more to the buttom , Maybe more to the left , or right , so people could actualy feel and see if they are comfortable with the viewmodel , (this isn't a judge) lol.

 

And no im not in early acces or anything just some ideas for a great game!

Keep it up , greetings from Belgium :)

I know it's a bit late :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am right handed so im fine with casual right handed viewmodel but if left handed players feel weir during playing fps with right handed viewmodel, so I can imagine it will help a lot to have left handed viewmodel as an option. BUT I know lot of left handed players and they are holding mouse in their right hand... so it depend on player feelings, but it is a minor thing i guess because of old cod has always right handed viewmodel and people get comfy with that. 

CS have it as and option but character's 3d model is always the right handed one. WHY?.. there is no good reason for having it because it is a complication to program it (could models and animations be mirrored but guns were not be designed for lefthanded so left handed models should have different animations than right handed mirrored) and of course every unnecessary thing added to the game is more of development time. ASK 2 simple question ;) 
1 - Will it be an advantage to see if player is right or left handed - No, it will not
2- Will it be a disadvantage to have left and right handed 3d models - Yes, it will - theres why: If somebody is peeking a corner and he shows a bit of his body there could be difference between left handed and right handed 3d model how much of his body will be visible - more of body shown more room to land a shot - could be an advantage or a disadvantage in different angle of view - definitely less fair play than only right handed 3d models

 

So yes, left handed viewmodel could be more comfy for left handed players (only with mirrored but not correct animations and models - there is no reason to make it correct, it will not bring as much advantage as time it will consume to make it right). I am not sure about the viewmodel position. I know cs players are used to and it is a coll thing, but in cod series you will not be allowed to change it (only after devmap) and nobody complain about that and I believe cs players get comfy to non customizable viewmodel soon.

3D left handed model is an interesting idea for more realistic shooter like squad, insurgency or hell let loose but for game like batt44 which aiming for balanced gameplay and fair play not IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if this was a 3rd person shooter i'd agree with the importance of having a left-handed character model but it's a 1st person game. the only important view is the reticule in the centre of the screen which is the exact same regardless of where the gun model is positioned on the screen. Bat44 is also a fast-paced game. not many people will be peeking and holding corners so the disadvantage of peeking left-handed corners with a right-handed gun model is miniscule. if the lack of a left-handed view was a significant issue, the more effective solution would be to place the gun model in the bottom centre of the screen like the original doom games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Farq-S said:

Bat44 is also a fast-paced game. not many people will be peeking and holding corners so the disadvantage of peeking left-handed corners with a right-handed gun model is miniscule. if the lack of a left-handed view was a significant issue...

I recommend this video. It is about how game works - its mechanics, shooting etc. The video also describe "corner peeking" so if you imagine to have left and right handed 3rd person model could be an issue. The same corner on a map could be beneficial to peek as a left handed but for right handed players it will not be better to peek. 

Batt44 is a fast paced game but every game mode should be played in different style. If you will be playing free for all (deathmatch) so almost everyone will be rushing and jumping everywhere and spraying fullauto to get the most kills. But if you will be playing competitive gamemode (search and destroy) the gameplay will change.. more people will be holding or peeking angles to defend or attack and objective. So corner peeking will have a bit more meaning as you think IMO.

Edited by Lyseeq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen this a while a go , i was a csgo player myself back in the days .

I know my mistakes Ty ?

Edited by ghcts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WolfEnstein said:

I'm left-handed and I have to say that this has never bothered me.

I think lot of left handed people are used to holding their mouse in their right hand. At least lot of my left handed friends do. But if someone is holding his mouse in left hand it could be a little bit weird to see how his gun is moving on other side of his screen :D:D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha true that , but i've seen like some pro's actualy like left more , it's all preferences after all. ?

Edited by ghcts
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lyseeq said:

I think lot of left handed people are used to holding their mouse in their right hand. At least lot of my left handed friends do

I do the same, bro :) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its not about whether you're right OR left handed,

 

cl_righthand is about YOUR DOMINANT EYE - Look it up.

The gun should always be on the opposite side of your dominant eye, Because, that way , your dominant eye has the space it needs to scan as much info as you actually need to play properly, to see whats going on in your FoV.

There are tests to see which of your eyes is your dominant. like the finger triangle, google it:) hope I helped.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, horas said:

its not about whether you're right OR left handed,

 

cl_righthand is about YOUR DOMINANT EYE - Look it up.

The gun should always be on the opposite side of your dominant eye, Because, that way , your dominant eye has the space it needs to scan as much info as you actually need to play properly, to see whats going on in your FoV.

There are tests to see which of your eyes is your dominant. like the finger triangle, google it:) hope I helped.

That's actually great teste man. Nevere knew this existed haha. Anyway found out my left eye is the dominant one so I can keep things as they are ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jackis said:

That's actually great teste man. Nevere knew this existed haha. Anyway found out my left eye is the dominant one so I can keep things as they are ;)

yeah dont mention it man, I for instance am a leftie , with a left dominant eye.. so classic gun positioning via right hand is best for me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, horas said:

its not about whether you're right OR left handed,

 

cl_righthand is about YOUR DOMINANT EYE - Look it up.

The gun should always be on the opposite side of your dominant eye, Because, that way , your dominant eye has the space it needs to scan as much info as you actually need to play properly, to see whats going on in your FoV.

There are tests to see which of your eyes is your dominant. like the finger triangle, google it:) hope I helped.

That's great. But there is a magic behind that... Thru your dominant eye flow more informations to your brain than thru your second eye. Every your eye see 2 dimensional image (because of 1 point of view) but your brain merges 2 a bit different two dimensional visions into a 3d dimensional view (adding a depth in your view) ... sou you can better orientate in space (also that's how 3d movies work - 3d stereoscopic) ... if you imagine you screen in front of you is 2 dimensional space without depth... so I am wondering if dominant eye can play a huge role if your monitor can display only 2 dimensional view on the flat screen... if you have f.e. left eye dominant it does NOT mean you are concentrating more on your LEFT SIDE OF YOUR ANGLE OF VIEW. 

and also if somebody can only see thru only one eye the brain can adjust the vision to make it 3d.. So there is definitely a magic behind our vision, it is a bit complicated but fascinating. IMO it is not 100% true what have you typed above because of 2d screens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lyseeq said:

That's great. But there is a magic behind that... Thru your dominant eye flow more informations to your brain than thru your second eye. Every your eye see 2 dimensional image (because of 1 point of view) but your brain merges 2 a bit different two dimensional visions into a 3d dimensional view (adding a depth in your view) ... sou you can better orientate in space (also that's how 3d movies work - 3d stereoscopic) ... if you imagine you screen in front of you is 2 dimensional space without depth... so I am wondering if dominant eye can play a huge role if your monitor can display only 2 dimensional view on the flat screen... if you have f.e. left eye dominant it does NOT mean you are concentrating more on your LEFT SIDE OF YOUR ANGLE OF VIEW. 

and also if somebody can only see thru only one eye the brain can adjust the vision to make it 3d.. So there is definitely a magic behind our vision, it is a bit complicated but fascinating. IMO it is not 100% true what have you typed above because of 2d screens.

I didn't quite understand what you were saying about 3d and depth, but on your screen you're indeed concentrating on 2D . My dominant eye (the eye that my view is centered through) is my left one, and the screen should be clear of any obstacles and interfering object (such as of course the weap model in our case) to properly react and feed from the info that your screen is giving you. thats all Im saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, horas said:

I didn't quite understand what you were saying about 3d and depth, but on your screen you're indeed concentrating on 2D . My dominant eye (the eye that my view is centered through) is my left one, and the screen should be clear of any obstacles and interfering object (such as of course the weap model in our case) to properly react and feed from the info that your screen is giving you. thats all Im saying.

I am not a vision expert :D but all I wanted to say is that your dominant eye play greater role if you are observing 3d space than the flat surface(monitor) which displays only 2d image. So it is a different view/image if you aim down sigh with real weapon than if you see ADS on screen. BUT we are talking about science now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's already in the game, no need to bump.
You can switch between right and left and you even have settings to increase or decrease the distance between you and your weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aziconcazi said:

It's already in the game, no need to bump.
You can switch between right and left and you even have settings to increase or decrease the distance between you and your weapon.

Heh, now I'm the stupid one. Somehow I've overlooked that o.0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2017 at 6:07 AM, horas said:

its not about whether you're right OR left handed,

 

cl_righthand is about YOUR DOMINANT EYE - Look it up.

The gun should always be on the opposite side of your dominant eye, Because, that way , your dominant eye has the space it needs to scan as much info as you actually need to play properly, to see whats going on in your FoV.

There are tests to see which of your eyes is your dominant. like the finger triangle, google it:) hope I helped.

This is correct, i shoot left handed when clay shooting.  The other reason being that i right handed i have to close my left eye when aiming so i don't see two ribs. 
When shooting left handed i can have both eyes open and only see one rib. 


as im left eye dominant this makes me "true cross dominant" 

Learning to shoot left handed was hard but now im competing in a local league and currently place second as a solo shooter and our team is first in the league :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×