pgup

will there be mouse acceleration in the game?

pretty simple question rlly. i use an external driver for mouse acceleration now but would be interesting to see if this game has similar mouse acceleration settings to games like quake.

I think only the sensitivity is customizable.. Maybe someone else who understands English a bit better than me could answer..

EDIT: AND has some more knowledge about Mouse Acceleration :P 

Edited by WeAsOne

14 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

I think only the sensitivity is customizable.. Maybe someone else who understands English a bit better than me could answer..

EDIT: AND has some more knowledge about Mouse Acceleration :P 

LOL, sorry that would rule me out aswell :lol:

• Upvote 1

Either way you should really think of turning it off for good. Im kinda lazy to right down all the reasons but i have had really hard and long, bad experience with it before I found out its useless. I know it seems its good when you have small sens like me but its only for worse.. ALWAYS KEEP MOUSEACCEL OFF!!

Edited by jackis

5 hours ago, jackis said:

Either way you should really think of turning it off for good. Im kinda lazy to right down all the reasons but i have had really hard and long, bad experience with it before I found out its useless. I know it seems its good when you have small sens like me but its only for worse.. ALWAYS KEEP MOUSEACCEL OFF!!

dont you think it's a bit disingenuous to take the experiences of one over the experiences of those who have mastered mouse acceleration? i can accept that in many games e.g. counter-strike it gives little advantage over a linear sensitivity and therefore is not worth the learning curve, but for games such as quake and more faster paced games it is arguably objectively better. it allows the precise mouse movement of a low sens player while still being able to consistently do 180s as well as larger flicks. i'm not going to be the person to say whether or not it will be useful in battalion but i've used it for a long time and i have never had any issues with it.

Mouse accel isn't hard to put in to the game so if the early access version will not have it in options menu the devs can add it in next update :) tbh it is a minor thing :D but I can imagine mouse accel can somebody make more satisfied gamer :D:D

13 hours ago, pgup said:

dont you think it's a bit disingenuous to take the experiences of one over the experiences of those who have mastered mouse acceleration? i can accept that in many games e.g. counter-strike it gives little advantage over a linear sensitivity and therefore is not worth the learning curve, but for games such as quake and more faster paced games it is arguably objectively better. it allows the precise mouse movement of a low sens player while still being able to consistently do 180s as well as larger flicks. i'm not going to be the person to say whether or not it will be useful in battalion but i've used it for a long time and i have never had any issues with it.

I understand your point of view and i had the same man I'm not trying to insult only to help, please note that. Problem is that you have some muscle memory and lets say you make an aim shot with - sens 1.5, msaccel OFF - across 3cm of your mousepad. The next time and every other time you make it is going to make the same movement ingame as it did before. Your brain will learn it and after a time you will have perfect aim.

Whereas with sens 1.5 msaccel ON you will make the same movement and of course it will take you further ingame and you could learn to make the same 3cm movement as you do with msaccel OFF. Problem is that msaccel also counts the speed of the movement of your mouse. So you can make once 3cm aim shot and next time exactly the same 3cm aim shot and it will give you DIFFERENT ingame move.

So you see you'd have to not only learn to have perfect muscle memory for moving your mouse the same lenght but also the same speed and believe me from time to time you will make the movement with different speed and it will make you miss many shots. 

I understand that relief that you can finally turn around easily but in the end you will suffer cause of this and is better to turn it off and learn to play without it. My experience is to put quite a high sens at first and try to play with it for a week. It will be kinda crazy but you will be learning kinda quickly. Then try to go with the sens a little lower and then play with it another week. Then again. It will help you adapt faster. NOTE that you shouldn't go with sens lower to the point where you are unable to do 180° move with your arm. Maybe 120 but thats critical. Anything lower will cost you.

Edited by jackis

5 hours ago, jackis said:

I understand your point of view and i had the same man I'm not trying to insult only to help, please note that. Problem is that you have some muscle memory and lets say you make an aim shot with - sens 1.5, msaccel OFF - across 3cm of your mousepad. The next time and every other time you make it is going to make the same movement ingame as it did before. Your brain will learn it and after a time you will have perfect aim.

Whereas with sens 1.5 msaccel ON you will make the same movement and of course it will take you further ingame and you could learn to make the same 3cm movement as you do with msaccel OFF. Problem is that msaccel also counts the speed of the movement of your mouse. So you can make once 3cm aim shot and next time exactly the same 3cm aim shot and it will give you DIFFERENT ingame move.

So you see you'd have to not only learn to have perfect muscle memory for moving your mouse the same lenght but also the same speed and believe me from time to time you will make the movement with different speed and it will make you miss many shots. 

I understand that relief that you can finally turn around easily but in the end you will suffer cause of this and is better to turn it off and learn to play without it. My experience is to put quite a high sens at first and try to play with it for a week. It will be kinda crazy but you will be learning kinda quickly. Then try to go with the sens a little lower and then play with it another week. Then again. It will help you adapt faster. NOTE that you shouldn't go with sens lower to the point where you are unable to do 180° move with your arm. Maybe 120 but thats critical. Anything lower will cost you.

i still disagree. your argument is that mouse acceleration is inconsistent yet i can reproduce movements across a wide variety of scenarios. if you look at the image attached, these are my settings for mouse acceleration. i can set a sens cap and an offset, the sens cap will make sure that the highest sensitivity my mouse will accelerate to is 1.5x my standard in game sens (e.g. 1.5 max sens will be 2.25). offset will allow me to have a "safe zone" where the mouse wont change until a certain speed, this means that i can still be accurate with tracking and it wont throw me off.  i can also set the acceleration amount. i don't really see how there is any downside to mouse acceleration other than the steep learning curve and time it takes to gain the muscle memory. i also don't think that around half of quake pros would use mouse acceleration if it had these issues like you are saying. (also side note i'm glad this discussion is happening so don't take anything like a personal attack <3)

image.png.c9f2c172a30052d1f96652d97625230a.png