rockzor

Wolfenstein enemy territory

I am really looking forward to this game and would like to let you guys know to take a look at wolfenstein enemy territory as an example. this game was so good aswell teamplay wise etc.

you were able to heal enemies etc and this game was/ is very tactical. 

here is an example, hope this gives some inspiration

Welcome to the forums, Rockzor ;) . I've been fraggin' on "BATT44" with my Clan buddies and it does play very similar to "Wolfenstein: ETPro Mod", especially in regards to movement and speed.

I posted a video the other day that you might enjoy, here's a link to it: Wolf:ET Frag Movie

Hey, thx for the reply. that's very good news haha, really looking forward to it. cool movie btw (it's from a lan party right) ,  i'll inform my old ET buddies of this game. I've been waiting for game like this for ages, and really hope this is going to be big. ill try to be active around these forums. Greetings R

• Upvote 1

On 18/11/2017 at 5:17 PM, rockzor said:

Hey, thx for the reply. that's very good news......

You're welcome, Rockzor. Have you seen the progress the "Wolfenstein - ET: Legacy" devteam is making nowadays? They have new weapons modelers and game animators join the project and every model in the game is getting updated. Here's a couple of videos:

• Like 1

On Sat Nov 18 2017 at 9:11 PM, WolfEnstein said:

Welcome to the forums, Rockzor ;) . I've been fraggin' on "BATT44" with my Clan buddies and it does play very similar to "Wolfenstein: ETPro Mod", especially in regards to movement and speed.

I posted a video the other day that you might enjoy, here's a link to it: Wolf:ET Frag Movie

Really? It didn't seem like that to me from the 15m video footage I saw (btw if there is more public game footage I'd love to see it) Enemy Territory has very different shooting mechanics to me, 3hs to kill, no ironsights... In battalion 1944 it seems that ironsights are a must if you want to hit the enemy unless it's right in front of you. Even the movement seems very different to me, slower than ET.  It seems that the closest game to ET (specially the shooting mechanics it's Dirty Bomb)

ET is my favourite game ever, I can't get enough of it and Battalion 1944 doesn't seem like ET at all. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about Battalion that's why I've been lurking this forum for a long time (registered just now) but I don't think this game will really be a good replacement for ET players that want the ET experience, it's just a drastically different game, at least from the footage I've seen. And again, don't get me wrong guys I am going to buy this game and I'm excited about it but I don't think this is a replacement for ET, it's a replacement for the glory days of CoD, not ET. It's not a bad thing, just very different games and play style.

Cheers.

36 minutes ago, uni said:

Don't get me wrong..

I won't :P

I never played ET but i know there are more ET fans here on the forums..

Probably more gameplay will be revealed in January..

yeah, lets wait for january, i also doubt it will be a replacement for ET. But for the movement i think it can get close to ET, at 2.05 you can see the gamma jump from ET for example , so I keep hoping the game will have some similarities to ET.

On 24/11/2017 at 4:00 PM, uni said:

Really?

On 24/11/2017 at 4:00 PM, uni said:

..............in regards to movement and speed.

On 26/11/2017 at 4:51 PM, rockzor said:

....doubt it will be a replacement for ET.

The way the game is just now, Rockzor? I agree with that too. However, the game is created on the UE4 engine, therefore it can easily be modified so that we, from the Wolfenstein Community, can create the game we want to play. "Day of Infamy" has only been out for about a year, but our Clan has taken that game and created the type of gameplay and maps that we want to frag on. 

We've created 13 maps for it, at least another two are on the way. As an example, here's our latest map "Causeway": WeB Clan Workshop

As you can see, our maps differ from those created by the "New World Interactive" devteam, with perhaps the exception of "Reichswald Forest". We've used that game to create the kind of game we want to frag on and we'll do the same with Battalion 1944. Here's a short video that features some of our custom map creations for "Day of Infamy":

wow. that looks nice idd :o, so actually you would be able to make another mod like the et pro mod from ET? But we'll see in january :). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rockzor said:

........so actually you would be able to make another mod like the et pro mod from ET?

Very much so, Rockzor. It will just take a little bit of time and effort. One of our mappers has started porting "Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory" maps into the UE4 engine to see how they turn out. Two of these maps you'll probably know well, bro, i.e., "MLB Daybreak" and "V2 Base".

10 minutes ago, WolfEnstein said:

Very much so, Rockzor. It will just take a little bit of time and effort. One of our mappers has started porting "Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory" maps into the UE4 engine to see how they turn out. Two of these maps you'll probably know well, bro, i.e., "MLB Daybreak" and "V2 Base".

wondering if making enemy territory mod in battalion game using ue4 is worth it? you should rework movement, shooting, animations etc... maybe also make new gun or character models and of course porting/reworking map... you seem like a group of talented guys so why dont make a standalone indie game inspired by w:et promod?

18 hours ago, Lyseeq said:

..............so why dont make a standalone indie game inspired by w:et promod?

The "Wolfenstein - ET:Legacy" lads are already doing something like this, Lyseeq. They've removed over 1000 bugs and errors from the "vanilla" version of "Wolf:ET" and are now in the process of replacing all the weapons and weapon animations. They're also making HD versions of the classic maps and creating new ones too, here's a couple of videos:

This talented crew are way ahead of us in this regard. Joe and Howard have fragged with us using "Wolfenstein - ET: Legacy", they know how good it is already too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WolfEnstein said:

The "Wolfenstein - ET:Legacy" lads are already doing something like this, Lyseeq. They've removed over 1000 bugs and errors from the "vanilla" version of "Wolf:ET" and are now in the process of replacing all the weapons and weapon animations. They're also making HD versions of the classic maps and creating new ones too.

This talented crew are way ahead of us in this regard. Joe and Howard have fragged with us using "Wolfenstein - ET: Legacy", they know how good it is already too.

It looks awesome :) but your maps looks awesome too... I've tried Day of Infamy, I am not a fan of "realistic shooter" but I liked it :) it was really fun but I have no friends to play with :/ So now I am not playing anything... just waiting till battalion comes out :)

EDIT: And I hope we will see your maps in battalion soon ;)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Lyseeq said:

it was really fun but I have no friends to play with.......

Yep, "Day of Infamy" is a brutal game to frag on, bro. You have no sight marker, a minimal/zero HUD, the bolt-action rifles like the Kar98 and Lee Enfield will one-shot kill you to the head, there's artillery, airstrikes and gun-runs from Typhoon aircraft and Stuka Dive Bombers. The close-quarter combat is ferocious as you frag from house to house, we die a lot in "Day of Infamy", it's a totally hardcore FPS game which requires teamwork at all times as you fight to complete the map objectives.

If you ever want to frag with us just let me know, Lyseeq, we run our own server. I have to warn you, though, we run the most difficult "Cooperative Mode"server in the game, it takes a bit of getting used to :) .

There's lots of stats at the end of each round, Rockzor, relating to everything from your "k/d" ratio to who completed the most map objectives.

On 02/12/2017 at 5:37 PM, rockzor said:

.....with accuracy and headshots etc?

Yes, they're included too. There's also lots of cosmetic upgrades to be gained in-game, e.g., unlocking the uniforms of many other army units and veteran weapons such as veteran rifle skins:

dWyL0yB.jpg

All of these upgrades are cosmetic and don't affect the gameplay.