Lucaat

Any MOH: Spearhead or AA guys here?

Hi!

Are there any MOH:AA or Spearhead nostalgics here? I really loved Spearhead online, I played it in clans for years.

Great small maps, fast moving, no dumb vehicles, lean skills :D it was great with mates in ts2/ventrilo and whatnot.

Brest, Remage, Verschnheit, Southern France, Destroyed village, Stalingrad even years after not touching the game I would be able to know every corner by heart :)

One question though, will it be possible to host your own dedicated server on a windows server or linux box? I don't want it for mods which I mostly never liked in aa or sh anyway but do want to run own server and not "multiplay".

Hi Lucaat and welcome to the website ;) . I've seen a good few "MOHAA" players here, but things are quiet on the forums right now, due to the Devteam "going dark" until January.

On 17/11/2017 at 2:07 AM, Lucaat said:

....will it be possible to host your own dedicated server on a windows server or linux box?

I've no idea about that, amigo, maybe someone else can answer that for you.

On 17/11/2017 at 3:07 AM, Lucaat said:

will it be possible to host your own dedicated server on a windows server or linux box?

On Windows = Yes :)
On Linux = cross fingers !! :ph34r::P

.... and default_welcomeani.gif.045fd9510867eb422 to the forum.

• Upvote 1

Welcome Lucaat :) ex MoH:AA (not SH) addict here. This game will bring back some of those old school feels!

Edited by Freakshow

Definitely a few names/clans that I recognise here from MoHAA, playing in CMOHL, Clanbase, etc.

I recall that Spearhead seemed to played mainly by our American cousins, as I don't remember many British Clans playing it?

I played for DOGS circa 2003, then DoWUK when DOGS folded......and still do.

Welcome to the forums mate, I played Mohaa:SH for 9 years :o Played in 2 clans |>UKUF<| (tag style changed a few times) and -[AIR]- Gaming.  Currently I am in [Splat]= All FUN FUN FUN Clan that started back in 2001 on Mohaa :D  and don't think hosting a server on linux is a good idea, WIndows much better :)

is spearhead still alive ?? I have it some where 

It's nice to see MOH players interested in Battalion.

I used to play MoHAA. You guys remember players like PestControl, FanTasY, sodom^, SirHaGi, PrinceY, Cane, Clem, Bullet, d4rky, numpty and shawshank? Good memories.

2 hours ago, LaytoN said:

It's nice to see MOH players interested in Battalion.

I used to play MoHAA. You guys remember players like PestControl, FanTasY, sodom^, SirHaGi, PrinceY, Cane, Clem, Bullet, d4rky, numpty and shawshank? Good memories.

Think I played against a handful of them on CB when I was in a clan called CHU. I'd totally forgotten about most of those names from that long ago haha. SirHagi, PrinceY and d4rky are the ones I recognise.

I have a feeling this game will bring back a fair amount of familiar people, although a lot like me have changed the name they use since all the way back then!

9 minutes ago, LaytoN said:

Next up, clanbase revival..

2 thumbs up. Path/dir screens or conflict!!

Haha...the good old days.

Battalion will be bringing some of those feels back ;)

I've yet to play, tonight will be my first time!

Haha, path/dir screens, the uncertain days before DMW.

Edited by LaytoN

4 hours ago, LaytoN said:

Next up, clanbase revival..

That would be amazing! :) Hopefully they give battalion Community servers tho and no match making crap for it. 

and if you didnt know and love CoD2, you can still go get Scrims on there using the IRC Cod2.wars :) which is pretty good for a 12 year old game