Sign in to follow this  
Farq-S

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (EA/Dice)

Gosh! Like a year ago I seriously thought we were at the very peak of this bullshit and things could only get better from there. Boy, how was I wrong! While looking at this tremendously false prediction of mine, I'm starting to worry what might have changed regarding Battalion's selling model behind the curtain. You know, back there, in the dark...

3 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

Gosh! Like a year ago I seriously thought we were at the very peak of this bullshit and things could only get better from there. Boy, how was I wrong! While looking at this tremendously false prediction of mine, I'm starting to worry what might have changed regarding Battalion's selling model behind the curtain. You know, back there, in the dark...

don't think there's any reason to be concerned about Bat44. no new IP could even attempt to implement a hint of an aggressive micro-transaction model. only established triple A IPs have the critical mass to get away with this shit. look at lawbreakers as a good example of a new IP that gets it wrong.

Edited by Farq-S

Bulkhead is making this game with their love for competitive fps...

They do it because they love it.. this is their DREAM project..

So they will never implement things like this in Battalion 1944.. NEVER!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

Bulkhead is making this game with their love for competitive fps...

They do it because they love it.. this is their DREAM project..

So they will never implement things like this in Battalion 1944.. NEVER!

DICE loves making games too. It's the publishers and shareholders who are the evil greedy motherfucking fucks.

Thank God it's Square Enix who are publishing Battalion 1944, because if this game went in the hands of Activision or EA, this game would've been a whole lot different in the future.

Edited by BlueSmiley

That news about the microtransactions being deleted was just on the news here in Belgium. Wtf. EA is getting SO much free advertising lately. It's unreal. 

Edited by BlueSmiley

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if that whole shit-show actually is EA's well-plotted campaign to promote the game and finding out how far they can get, both at the same. As everybody knows, bad publicity is publicity no less and as of now pretty much every youtuber doing game stuff is featuring the game on their channel and feeding the controversy. Considering this undying meme, EA being a bunch of greedy fucks (not my words!), has been floating around for years now, their consultants probably figured there's no image to take damage from whatever outrageous scam they'll come up with anyway. So, go for it! Big time. Like, if everyone believes you were eating little kitties for breakfast, then heck, why not try one for real? They might indeed taste delicious...

I mean, seriously, I do not watch much TV, social media stuff and all that, but I haven't seen a single spot promoting the game so far. Did they cut back on those huge add campaigns suddenly, or is it really just me missing them all out successfully?

- edit -

Haha, typed that. Went over to youtube. Got the Battlefront trailer shoved right into my face. Alright...

Edited by RLpacifist