Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kngz

Cod ww2 Beta

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

yes.

dedicaded servers confirmed

gamebattles confirmed

call of duty world league confirmed.

So yes? ;)

Dedicated servers have been promised almost every year for the last 3-4 years.. Yet their definition of dedicated servers are P2P infested servers they provide to you that are horrible in every way.

And cod has always been competitive on console, even though its horrendous to watch and the gameplay is autistic and off putting and its only done for hype and not actual skillful competition.

 

For PC this game hasn't had a chance since cod4 and likely never will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea Well depends What dedicaded means they still have been confirmed http://steamcommunity.com/games/476600/announcements/detail/1461842131333048375     Nevertheless this is the first Cod Imo where the makers were like we Did iT wrong last years. So also Because bat1944 is dark, I Will Give em a chance this friday. They havent Given us much information these days so Its gonna be a Total miss or something rly cool. Though I think theres a lot we dont know yet. And my guess would be that they realize that this game needs a conpetitive scène. Also Some pro teams are. Getting their teams together so Maybe they got Some extra info already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think (MY thoughts) that a competitive game can't have kill streaks and guns you have to pay for.. so Pay to win!

AND I'm sick of the every 3 months payd DLC maps you need to have then.. I'ts just a robbery imo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

And my guess would be that they realize that this game needs a conpetitive scène

No they don't.

 

2 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Also Some pro teams are. Getting their teams together so Maybe they got Some extra info already. 

Please name one. Optic and FaZe does not count :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CoD confirm dedi servers every single year and what you actually get is listen servers. don't be fooled. they're just lying to sell more units. and competitive and CoD stopped being used in the same sentence years ago. activision only support console CoD championships because that's where they're player base is. they only pay lip service to PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

CoD confirm dedi servers every single year and what you actually get is listen servers. don't be fooled. they're just lying to sell more units. and competitive and CoD stopped being used in the same sentence years ago. activision only support console CoD championships because that's where they're player base is. they only pay lip service to PC.

exactly, being one of those competitive players that started with the cod franchise before it was even released on console im ashamed that all these new people have no idea what "competitive cod" even is, they just know the console version. 

Dedi servers are a bunch of bs ive heard for years, and even if they were in that still would not be enough to make this game competitive without mod tools and heavy modding that is required to their horrendous features that we would have to remove to make this game a proper shooter for competition.

 Console/current players need to youtube some cod2/cod4 videos for PC and u can see what competitive cod was in its glory days before consoles ruined it.

Edited by HypeRNT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess would be there Will be no killstreaks when you play "competitive". But Ye Maybe there are Maybe not. So far everything is speculation. Ofcourse they have a streak of bad games But Maybe they Will do something different. I guess they also didnt plan to move back to ww2, without seeing the succes of other games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Yea Well depends What dedicaded means they still have been confirmed http://steamcommunity.com/games/476600/announcements/detail/1461842131333048375   

They are playing with words.
For sledgehammer dedicated server is the ability to host themself sessions of the game. On these servers you (player) can't change settings/game rules. (no server browser)

For players/gamers/all communities "dedicated server" is the ability for ourself to host our own servers games on our own machine/server and be able to set what we want on them. (with server browser)

Reddit to read :

CODBO3 did dedicated servers but only after game is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea but Activision didn't state they are, or not doing this. So for now in my opinion everything is speculation. Things happend in the past are most likely to happen again but we can't be sure. Also this could still be added by a patch which they maybe did to late on BO3 then.

Though there are also other pro teams that are getting their squads together like Millenium. Ahh ye doesn't matter either we'll c this Friday and it doesnt matter anyway because there is no batallion atm. Batallion1944 also the idea is nice but we don't know if it's gonna be rly good untill january. A lot of work to do still and we don't know what we rly get in the end. Since cod releases this Friday they are 1 step ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone please name me a single competitive game, that has a new release every single year? 

CoD these days doesn't even have a competitive aspects. Usually a bad console port, bad netcode, p2p connection, not fun to watch, non-existent weapon balance, killstreaks, supply drops with new weapons, dlc separating people ...

That's why there are so many hate trains. It's so easy for people to get hyped over something and when that doesn't happen or reach their expectations, shitstorm happens. 

I just don't see a reason to believe something that did not show a single evidence that it's true. CoD was showing a middle finger to pc community for way too long. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkMortyr said:

Could someone please name me a single competitive game, that has a new release every single year? 

CoD these days doesn't even have a competitive aspects. Usually a bad console port, bad netcode, p2p connection, not fun to watch, non-existent weapon balance, killstreaks, supply drops with new weapons, dlc separating people ...

That's why there are so many hate trains. It's so easy for people to get hyped over something and when that doesn't happen or reach their expectations, shitstorm happens. 

I just don't see a reason to believe something that did not show a single evidence that it's true. CoD was showing a middle finger to pc community for way too long. 

Even the competitive games they managed to get out were not played  competitively thanks to them .. they clearly have no clue about esports. But that's okay, I don't think anyone expected anything else from them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a 100% PC player and Imma say it and be done, CoD is a competitive game and is quite a good one on console, just because it is not very competitive on PC does not mean that it is not a competitive game, end rant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

I'm a 100% PC player and Imma say it and be done, CoD is a competitive game and is quite a good one on console, just because it is not very competitive on PC does not mean that it is not a competitive game, end rant.

Whats good about it on console? And how would u know? They have no weapon balance, the damage system is a joke and the maps are among the worst in games history, what am i missing?

Games not competitive on PC because there are no ways to make it competitive... The 13 year olds on console would enjoy a turd on a plate with an xbox controller attached on it so it doesn't tell me much.

There is 0 hype behind cod's competitive scene and you would have to dig pretty deep to find it, no matter how hard activision tries to pretend its got one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking.. to be a competitie game you need a competition..

It can be a competition with Friends only like "who has the highest k/d ratio"

But for me there need to be a real competition like "Who is the best of the world" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sNrklhaai

"Networking – PC Beta data from the top 20 participating countries confirmed that nearly 100% of all matches were hosted on dedicated servers. For launch, our infrastructure is ready to provide our players the best possible online experience with high tick-rate dedicated game servers globally."
 

^ Playing with words is strong here.. During the beta I experienced host migration several times. Does it mean I wasn't that lucky to play on these 'nearly 100%' dedicated servers? :ph34r:

Sledgehammer guys know what kind of dedicated servers pc players want. Maybe they would even implement them in the game if they could but lord Bobby Kotick doesn't want us to play CoD for more than one year so it's not gonna happen. Based on how terrible the latest CODs were, thinking that  'maybe they change something this year' is radiculously stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

Whats good about it on console? And how would u know? They have no weapon balance, the damage system is a joke and the maps are among the worst in games history, what am i missing?

Games not competitive on PC because there are no ways to make it competitive... The 13 year olds on console would enjoy a turd on a plate with an xbox controller attached on it so it doesn't tell me much.

There is 0 hype behind cod's competitive scene and you would have to dig pretty deep to find it, no matter how hard activision tries to pretend its got one.

How would I know? I was a console gamer my whole life until 2013 when I switched to PC gaming. 

They have no weapon balance - its always a WIP in CoD games.

the damage system is a joke - That's just a matter of opinion mate.

maps are among the worst in games history - Again, opinion.

There is 0 hype behind cod's competitive scene and you would have to dig pretty deep to find it - Again in the console world its pretty high, for us in the PC world its just trash.

 

I didn't think throwing a heavy plate was very competitive but hey... there is a Olympic sport based around it so..

My whole point here is that you can take ANYTHING and make it competitive, doesn't matter what the objectives are or items used. Just because it doesn't suit your needs or the people around you, does not make it less competitive as something else.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

How would I know? I was a console gamer my whole life until 2013 when I switched to PC gaming. 

They have no weapon balance - its always a WIP in CoD games.

the damage system is a joke - That's just a matter of opinion mate.

maps are among the worst in games history - Again, opinion.

There is 0 hype behind cod's competitive scene and you would have to dig pretty deep to find it - Again in the console world its pretty high, for us in the PC world its just trash.

 

I didn't think throwing a heavy plate was very competitive but hey... there is a Olympic sport based around it so..

My whole point here is that you can take ANYTHING and make it competitive, doesn't matter what the objectives are or items used. Just because it doesn't suit your needs or the people around you, does not make it less competitive as something else.

 

 

In general We can say about every game it is a competitive because this is the reason why games are born/design. If you playing some card(or board) game with friends - you are trying to beat them and win ... and also you are having fun... so yes, it is competitive and entertaining! So basically we can say cod:wwII is a competitive game... BUT IT'S NOT! TBH

Great weapon balance is a key to competitive ground and fair play... (in cod there is not good weapon balance and cod brings weapon variants which is ruining fair play). IMO in last cods there is not weapon balance at all, the are not trying to make it... because the want to sell weapon variants and make no money. It is Good for business Bad for esport. Damage system is a part of weapon balance ;)

Every game is delivered with different type of "playground"... f.e. Imagine you are playing chess... everybody has same opportunity to play game as they want and win(nobody has any advantages or disadvantages)... we can say chessboard is a FUCKING well balanced "MAP".  So there is a huge science about map design and its balance in competitive kinds of game. Look at battlefield's maps... no map balance, huge blank space...(for me boring gameplay). I'm not trying to say battlefield has bad maps.. I'm trying to say batllefield's maps isn't designed for competitive ground and this is the reason why battlefield esport ended in trash. BUT I can't give battlefield a thumb down because they are not trying to do comp. maps... reason why people like it and the are still playing it is that they like graphics and some sketchy war fillings which battlefield gameplay delivered with(huge maps, visual and sound fx, huge battles, planes and vehicles.... Somebody like it somebody not...

TBH old cod games has some pretty well balanced maps(not everyone). because the maps was designed for close combat gameplay (but there were not based on reality ... ) Actualy cod games comes with different map design then before, the maps are more inspired by reality (or by NASA missions :D and designed for jetpack movement) and the maps are not balanced for gameplay like it was before. So this is a reason why players less play objective based game modes because the maps aren't designed for. Poor map balance mean worse competitive ground and non fair play gameplay. BUT activision is aiming for kill confiremd, non balanced map which support buying supply drops to get advantages over others. IT works for making money ;) GJ activison. BUT TBH it is pretty fucked up and we all hate it.

COD competitive hype? you sure about that...??? there is no competitive community in cod.... everything you see is just artificial... everything is for marketing and advertising purpose.. to show casual players that their game is balanced and well optimized but it is not! COD MLG is a show, not electronics sport :D:D:D:D:D only bussiness AF ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got to regard COD as what it wants to be, mainstream entertainment, that is. That's all you need to know really. It's no different from mainstream music/movies/events/whatever. A little shallow, easy to digest and designed to sell well, before anything else.

You usually don't feel fully satisfied by the mainstream scheme? Well, alright, then better stay away from that game. You like to play a few rounds leaned back on the couch with some friends every now and then? You might indeed enjoy the game, depends on you whether it's worth the investment or not...

I spent about 8 hours on the Beta and I think the game is doing OK and it surely has its audience. However, the explicit casual game design is what left me bored and I have absolutely no incentive to ever buy the game. Simply not my cup of tea and at this price tag nothing I'd get for shit and giggles only.

Anyway, I wouldn't hold my breath for COD ever becoming a more serious shooter again. Their shit sells like hotcakes, so there's no need to change the scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×