DARZY.BANHAMMER

When is the next beta?

If by next beta you mean first beta, and most likely only beta, nobody knows. Likely something playable in January tho, as already stated. 

Just now, LysoO said:

I am not sure but I think in a interview Howard Philpott said Early access coming in January.

Yep. And them going silent now, not saying anything about the development road map other than early access in January, all strongly implies that they are happy with the amount of testing they have gotten done and will now finish the game without a beta.

At least that's my best guess. So see you all in January! Hype. 

On 10/13/2017 at 2:22 AM, DDD said:

Yep. And them going silent now, not saying anything about the development road map other than early access in January, all strongly implies that they are happy with the amount of testing they have gotten done and will now finish the game without a beta.

At least that's my best guess. So see you all in January! Hype. 

They cannot finish the game without a beta, if they sold a game with a beta.

At least that seems like common sense..

From the information given I don't see closed beta is going to happen neither.

If that's indeed the case, I wished they would just have stated so explicitly - 'There will be no closed beta.' - in the latest Kickstarter update. That washy 'going dark' and 'see you all in January' leaves a little too much space for interpretation, as we can see in here.

Personally, I don't really mind if the closed beta phase will be skipped and the game jumps right into early access, that is, open beta, if everything is going as well as being told. Though, I do expect them to go through sufficient testings across a wider range of hardware in the background nonetheless, so people won't have to go through hours of troubleshooting in January. You can't pull the early-access-isn't-ready-yet-card when omitting a basic testing phase and ending up with a stunt. Not in my book anyway.

However, I won't blame any beta backer growing bad feelings over this as, like RAFF points out, the closed beta has been part of the deal, to begin with.

• Like 1

unfortunately, informative communication has been lacking. tweeting bits and pieces and the odd interview is great but should not be used as a substitute for more structured communication. example, there's clearly been massive changes to the pricing structure but all we've heard on that is from interviews. going dark is all well and good but what's the point of a community manager who's not communicating with the community?

Edited by Farq-S
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Aye.. I bought in to the supposed to be beta myself, and to be honest, I don't even mind if it's skipped if it's for the best for the game. I DO mind though that they don't tell us what's going on, while strongly implying that we have paid for something we won't be getting. 

That's why I tried calling out the devs in that other thread, but without result.. I just hope they tell us their plan and compensate the beta backers if it's indeed being left out. 

16 hours ago, Farq-S said:

unfortunately, informative communication has been lacking. tweeting bits and pieces and the odd interview is great but should not be used as a substitute for more structured communication. example, there's clearly been massive changes to the pricing structure but all we've heard on that is from interviews. going dark is all well and good but what's the point of a community manager who's not communicating with the community?

Cannot agree more. I guess i'm not the only who isn't active on the forums anymore as I don't really care to follow it atm or anything else regarding the game. Í'm more like well c when the full game drops and if it will be better then the other ww2 games. I didn't check out the interviews, i thought when investing that we would be the first to hear news and being a part of development and maybe have a part in decisions. Atm it feels like we invested and the 'pro's' are allowed to test the game for free and we wait till january.. GREAT. let's hope cod ww2 is shit and doesnt introduce dedicaded servers otherwise there might be a problem here.

13 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

let's hope cod ww2 is shit

Did you see the footage? It's just a modern CoD.. Nothing like Battalion, so no need to worry about that!

There are just people who prefer the modern CoD style and there are people that prefer the "oldschool" style..

I agree the forums are really not exciting right now...

17 hours ago, Farq-S said:

@[CM] BigTuna @[CM] phantasy Well.... Any thoughts?

24 minutes ago, BlueSmiley said:

@[CM] BigTuna @[CM] phantasy Well.... Any thoughts?

to be clear, i'm not looking for communication on the game and it's development but information around the game that we should reasonably expect to get more than just snippets on social media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

They are in the dark .... :ph34r:

giphy.gif

The only real thing that I dislike about this "in the dark" thing is that the community manager should not go silent.. Like you are the COMMUNITY manager after all unless.

• Upvote 1

Well, if I was to look for reasons for them being quiet including the CM I would look at the what they mentioned, the need to just crack on with the game, and secondly they are creating a marketing strategy. I assume this is with Square Enix as their publisher, but I would imagine that would include Tuna and Bramerton. I get that a CM has one set of responsibilities, but when it's the choice between using any of the development team and missing out on more sound assets being created or just using the CM to help, I would go with the latter. May be frustrating, but we didn't invest in their company and gain shares, we funded their project. We have been pretty involved when you think about it though, bugs were found, movement and strafe values changed and some other ideas I wouldn't be surprised if they shown up.

22 minutes ago, Masser said:

Well, if I was to look for reasons for them being quiet including the CM I would look at the what they mentioned, the need to just crack on with the game, and secondly they are creating a marketing strategy. I assume this is with Square Enix as their publisher, but I would imagine that would include Tuna and Bramerton. I get that a CM has one set of responsibilities, but when it's the choice between using any of the development team and missing out on more sound assets being created or just using the CM to help, I would go with the latter. May be frustrating, but we didn't invest in their company and gain shares, we funded their project. We have been pretty involved when you think about it though, bugs were found, movement and strafe values changed and some other ideas I wouldn't be surprised if they shown up.

i take your point @Masser but if the CM goes quiet to work on a marketing strategy then surely you don't mention a price drop without alot of discussion and agreement behind it beforehand. it would have been wiser to say nothing about it until January. it's not as if anyone can buy the game now anyway so why say it now? surely it was to prime all the backers but, honestly, they've done a half-arsed job of it.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 1