Jump to content
Vortek

If you are going to add micro transactions....

Recommended Posts

Please consider making the purchases fixed not in a loot box system or if you do add loot boxes make them obtainable and openable with out needing to spend a single cent

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vortek said:

Please consider making the purchases fixed not in a loot box system or if you do add loot boxes make them obtainable and openable with out needing to spend a single cent

Even if I agree with being able to open some crates without spending money, they can't fixate prices because the game needs to have a healthy trading community in order to grow. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RAFF said:

Even if I agree with being able to open some crates without spending money, they can't fixate prices because the game needs to have a healthy trading community in order to grow. 

This tbh.... CS:GO did a good job with it, although the prices of cases/keys should be much lower in Battalion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JmaesAA said:

This tbh.... CS:GO did a good job with it, although the prices of cases/keys should be much lower in Battalion

They could match the prices from Rocket League, regarding cases/keys. Also, it's important that they add some items that are limited, for people to have something to work for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

As long as it is cosmetics and not weapon statistics I'm fine..

agreed, cosmetic only all the way. that way, the players that want micro-transactions can buy them and those that hate them can ignore them as they'll have no bearing on gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so you want them to create content but not make money in return as well as have no economy for players who acquired those items to ever be able to sell them or trade them?

There is a big different between micro-transactions and pay2win, if they make us boxes with skins in them, and its all cosmetics, you better be damn sure you are going to pay for it and probably have an option to purchase it with coins, but one would have a lot more hassle then the other.

Im a realist, i know what to expect and i know what i would do if i was at the head of the dev team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

so you want them to create content but not make money in return as well as have no economy for players who acquired those items to ever be able to sell them or trade them?

There is a big different between micro-transactions and pay2win, if they make us boxes with skins in them, and its all cosmetics, you better be damn sure you are going to pay for it and probably have an option to purchase it with coins, but one would have a lot more hassle then the other.

Im a realist, i know what to expect and i know what i would do if i was at the head of the dev team

Overwatch's loot boxes are obtainable without spending money, but people still do it... I agree with you that they should be charging for loot boxes though, but there should also be an option to earn some stuff without paying money

 

EDIT: Obviously the items need to be tradable as well

Edited by JmaesAA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JmaesAA said:

Overwatch's loot boxes are obtainable without spending money, but people still do it... I agree with you that they should be charging for loot boxes though, but there should also be an option to earn some stuff without paying money

 

EDIT: Obviously the items need to be tradable as well

Yes im sure there will be a way to earn some sort of points or tokens to purchase some boxes, or earn them randomly after matchmaking games which is their competitive platform. I doubt you will be able to earn anything on dedicated servers or anything else besides MM. Im also fully expecting to pay for them if there is a skin i want as its common sense, or atleast i would hope it would be.

 

But yes i agree with you, it would be nice to have other form of currency to earn loot boxes, but since its all cosmetic thats the least of my worries for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JmaesAA said:

Overwatch's loot boxes are obtainable without spending money, but people still do it... I agree with you that they should be charging for loot boxes though, but there should also be an option to earn some stuff without paying money

 

EDIT: Obviously the items need to be tradable as well

overwatch costs a lot more money to buy in, it's also owned by blizzard who have like the most money in the industry..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yet they need this to "support" the game... so much bullshit but we have what we deserve, people buy that shit, they get that shit even more. lick it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'm a fan of cosmetics in games with cheap price points and I'll probably buy a few things (especially if there's an equipable knife) but I'd rather have market forces shape the cost of individual skins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×