Sign in to follow this  
Farq-S

Destiny 2 on PC

if you're on PC and tempted to find out what Destiny 2 is like let me save you the time and expense by saying don't buy it.

Destiny 2 is like the christmas tree bauble. it's looks shiny and exciting and fun but inside it's hollow and empty. i played Destiny 1 for over 2 years and it had it faults and frustrations but Destiny 2 by comparison is a husk of a game.

save your money and buy a better game.

bauble.jpg

21 hours ago, Farq-S said:

if you're on PC and tempted to find out what Destiny 2 is like let me save you the time and expense by saying don't buy it.

Destiny 2 is like the christmas tree bauble. it's looks shiny and exciting and fun but inside it's hollow and empty. i played Destiny 1 for over 2 years and it had it faults and frustrations but Destiny 2 by comparison is a husk of a game.

save your money and buy a better game.

bauble.jpg

I also played Destiny for a couple of years, from launch. It's not an excuse for the shallow content of Destiny 2, but Destiny 1 was also baron, broken, torn apart and sown back up again at launch and wasn't ever really "fixed" until TTK.

I expect a similar path for Destiny 2, mainly focusing on the depth of their content. People complained about the grind in Destiny (forever 29). Destiny 2 has taken it all away and now people are complaining there is no grind. I'm sure it will be addressed. It's just how long it takes to do so.

I played the beta on PC and the port was one of the best I've experienced and it ran so well and was full of options. At the end of the day Destiny 2 will be a casual game you drop in and out of, coming back when new content comes out. 

50 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

I also played Destiny for a couple of years, from launch. It's not an excuse for the shallow content of Destiny 2, but Destiny 1 was also baron, broken, torn apart and sown back up again at launch and wasn't ever really "fixed" until TTK.

I expect a similar path for Destiny 2, mainly focusing on the depth of their content. People complained about the grind in Destiny (forever 29). Destiny 2 has taken it all away and now people are complaining there is no grind. I'm sure it will be addressed. It's just how long it takes to do so.

I played the beta on PC and the port was one of the best I've experienced and it ran so well and was full of options. At the end of the day Destiny 2 will be a casual game you drop in and out of, coming back when new content comes out. 

Destiny 2 didn't just take out the grind. they took out all the RPG elements and all the progression mechanics that gave any sort of depth to gameplay, there's no endgame content and the story is as basic as a saturday morning x-men cartoon. the game isn't broken in any way like Destiny 1 was, it's just empty, unfulfilling and pointless. i played Destiny 2 one week and found myself asking why am i playing this game. i could not answer my own question.

Edited by Farq-S

Hmm. I know that a lot of Destiny 1 players were very frustrated by that game, yet they still played it. I've never played the first game, never really  played anything on console. Destiny 2 looks interesting to me. I really want something fresh to play and since I don't have any specific feelings from the first title, I also don't have any high expectations from this game. It's hard tho, people are used to hate on everything these days, it's such a stupid nature (look on CoD WW2 hate lol ...). And while they might be right in some things, sometimes they just like to jump on a hate train. So many players were bitching about Fortnite's PvE, because it has a lot of grind, something they call "paywall" (not true) etc.. Yet I love that game a lot. People just don't get a mmo style sometimes. Or they have a wrong expectatitons. 

Destiny 2 is going to cost me like 10€ and it will be something to fill the empty space before Battalion, so I am actually really looking forward to it.

13 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

Hmm. I know that a lot of Destiny 1 players were very frustrated by that game, yet they still played it. I've never played the first game, never really  played anything on console. Destiny 2 looks interesting to me. I really want something fresh to play and since I don't have any specific feelings from the first title, I also don't have any high expectations from this game. It's hard tho, people are used to hate on everything these days, it's such a stupid nature (look on CoD WW2 hate lol ...). And while they might be right in some things, sometimes they just like to jump on a hate train. So many players were bitching about Fortnite's PvE, because it has a lot of grind, something they call "paywall" (not true) etc.. Yet I love that game a lot. People just don't get a mmo style sometimes. Or they have a wrong expectatitons. 

Destiny 2 is going to cost me like 10€ and it will be something to fill the empty space before Battalion, so I am actually really looking forward to it.

if you are going to buy it i would suggest waiting until after they release the first dlc which will be around xmas. there's so much missing from the vanilla game they must have held content back to sell as dlc. remember, it is activision after all.

if you're looking for a game to fill time before Battalion i highly recommend Titanfall 2 if you haven't already played it. it plays like Destiny's pvp but its 1000 times better and all of the dlc is absolutely free. the single player story is better than Destiny 2 as well.

Edited by Farq-S

On 10/13/2017 at 12:50 AM, DarkMortyr said:

Hello DarkMortyr! Agree with your post. Different people have their different choices. I played Destiny 1 and found interesting to play. Now, Destiny 2 kaufen  and looking forward to play it.

So maybe don't do the same thing over and over again if your main goal is to grind bright engrams?

I really don't understand what's so big deal about that (other than incorrect exp info). It's not like bright engrams give you any advantage and it felt like you get them very fast even before the change. They honestly don't feel like a microtransaction content and I can't imagine why would anyone pay for that. You earn them fast enough, it does not give you any advantage (you get hover bike from like every third engram and you need it only once, also fireteam medallion can be bought anytime for a super low price). You can literally get anything for free. The only thing that might take some time to get from bright engrams is some specific exotic skin, but i have yet to see one that does actually look good other than the one for Acrius that is not from bright engram anyway. Also on top of that most exotic weapons are not worth using. 

People are used to cry even over things they get for free these days. Same shitstorm was/is in Overwatch, where you get those crates like 5x faster and they have only skins inside. Same for Fortnite (i would understand it more there tho).

I feel sorry for people that are used to hate on game just because there is something that has zero impact on playability. Sometimes I wish I had these problems too. Life would be much easier.

for me it's not the specific items (in this case bright engrams) that are the issue it's the act of deceit and manipulation of the players by the developer that is the issue. and yes, i for one hate being lied to. any reasonable person should.

Yet it has no real impact on you. It's like if you were thirsty and bought a drink called "Blue water" but the water was actually green. Such a disaster ...

If it doesn't have any meaningful impact on me, I don't care. I just simply don't have time for things like that. 

So when I want something and there is something "wrong" included but has no impact on my experience, I don't have reason, time and need to care. If I would have to worry about every single issue regardless of size, that would be the only thing I would be doing. 

Wish I were able to care about opinions of casual players. But whining of these people makes me smile. 

If I am able to enjoy the game longer than how much does it cost, so 1€ is at least 1 hour of gameplay, then it's a really good game for me. Because there are not a lot of games about which I could say that. I've spent more than 10 years playing largely MMO/FPS games and I used to play on HC level on most of them. And I must say that Destiny 2 is really high on my list, because it combines two elements I love and they nailed it. Sure, there is not so much of end game, but it doesn't matter as much if you like PvP, so you still have something to do. And yeah, pvp feels great to me, it's something different and the level of depth is fantastic. It's more about individual skill than Overwatch but it's way more about teamwork than BO3. It's actually somewhere in the middle where both aspects are very important to the same extent. If it wasn't for the lack of ranked system, it would be a perfect game. But that is supposed to come early next year. 

As for content. People whine about lack of end game content, yet I have to see a MMO with similar development time that had way more content than this when it was released. Most big mmo games are in development for 5-7 years and sometimes even they don't have way more content than this. It's also funny to find a person that whines about this having a less content than Destiny 1 after 3 years and all DLCs.

People arguing about playerbase. It's funny tho, because shortly after PC release all online statistics I know were pulled down and you can't say for sure how many players are there. But to me it seems there are way more PC players than those on console. Expansion pass was sold out right away from every 3rd party site I visited. And what I got from D2 communities around the world is that console players are migrating from console to PC. I know a lot of players personally that have the game on both platforms but rarely come back to console. 

It's like that with any game. There might be a huge number of sales, but after a short time only a small fraction of that will actually continue playing. But somehow in 2017, people are still capable of making a noise about that. 

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46504

http://www.metabomb.net/destiny-2/gameplay-guides/season-2-guide-events-weapons-armour-ornaments-and-more

i actually don't regret buying D2 (although i didn't buy the season pass) but i have stopped playing it and gone back to playing D1. you PC guys don't even realise how much bungie are shafting you because everything that's missing from D2 is in D1. they're even re-using some of the same exotics which are still better than the new exotics.

bungie will eventually put everything in to D2 but only after people have paid for it again and again. as D2 is the first PC destiny, it's understandable PC players are not wise to being short-changed.

also, if you don't already know this, bungie will hold back the best dlc for expansions 3 and 4 both of which are not covered by the season pass. they did all this crap with D1 but i guess PC players won't be aware of this cheeky little strategy. so, if you bought the season pass, you'll still be locked out of content you've already bought in the season pass unless you buy dlc 3 and 4. everybody gets to pay twice that way.

destiny has now become exactly what Activision did to CoD only on a 3 year cycle instead of yearly.

Edited by Farq-S

by some uncanny coincidence this vid just came up after my last post....honest.

Edited by Farq-S

16 hours ago, Farq-S said:

you PC guys don't even realise how much bungie are shafting you

KtWJYvr.jpg

also, if you don't already know this, bungie will hold back the best dlc for expansions 3 and 4 both of which are not covered by the season pass. they did all this crap with D1 but i guess PC players won't be aware of this cheeky little strategy. so, if you bought the season pass, you'll still be locked out of content you've already bought in the season pass unless you buy dlc 3 and 4. everybody gets to pay twice that way.

I expect that. I knew there is no way for D2 to have just 2 DLCs, so I never thought Expansion pass will be enough for whole content. 

destiny has now become exactly what Activision did to CoD only on a 3 year cycle instead of yearly.

I would like CoD more if it was on a 3 year cycle tho. 

11 hours ago, Farq-S said:

by some uncanny coincidence this vid just came up after my last post....honest.

While I do have Expansion pass for some time and this won't affect me, this was some really shitty move from them. I heard they did the same in D1. I am not sure what's a common thing on consoles in terms of DLCs, but this will backfire on them on  PC community really fast. 

But that's not even what pisses me off the most. They added exotic rifle Prometheus Lens that is completely OP to the extent when not a single weapon in a game can go 1v1 against that. And they still didn't remove it / fix it / disable pvp. 

40 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

But that's not even what pisses me off the most. They added exotic rifle Prometheus Lens that is completely OP to the extent when not a single weapon in a game can go 1v1 against that. And they still didn't remove it / fix it / disable pvp. 

this is classic bungie nowadays. crucible through the whole of D1 was unbalanced by at least one OP weapon and they never fixed it for months despite the whole community screaming at them to do so. i don't think they'll leave it so long in D2 because they totally revamped the game engine to make it quicker to push through patches. plus, for PC they can patch the game much quicker anyway. this is where the shitty RNG/token system really shines because you can't even just go and buy the prometheus lens to counter other players but don't worry, if it's anything like D1 Xur will be selling it today.

I would like CoD more if it was on a 3 year cycle tho. 

CoD devs have been on a 3 year cycle for a few years now. Treyarch - Infinity Ward - Sledgehammer. it's just the releases/copy-paste content is on a 1 year cycle not the development.

Edited by Farq-S