Sign in to follow this  
Farq-S

Destiny 2 on PC

22 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

Another Bungie classic. Cap in hand saying they will fix issues which should never have been in the game to try and keep people quiet until the next debacle. Prometheus Lens also now nerfed into the ground. It was OP and needed nerfing but it's like certain aspects of their game just don't get a single pass of testing.

In general, it's so frustrating because this game feels so good to play. Gunplay/movement/sounds/animations are all top notch but just so many chunks of the game aren't there.

Masterworks is a start towards something to chase but the added stats pool is pretty small and simplistic and it won't take people long to get the masterworks version of the weapon they want. It also pisses me off that they devolved the class system. You essentially have 2 builds per archetype and as someone who has played and loved a lot of RPGs for many many years, to see them go backwards instead of forwards on this front is so disappointing. I'm not looking for Path of Exile levels of depth on class mechanics but sequels generally evolve a game not devolve it.

Also whilst I'm ranting slightly, why can't I use text chat to communicate with clan mates in game on PC?! This is an utter joke in 2017. A few of us tried to get a clan going only to find out you have to communicate using a chat box on the Bungie site or force people to use an external program like discord, which I'm fine with but trying to get people to use something they don't want to or aren't used to is quite the struggle. Needless to say we gave up bothering trying to run our own clan.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Freakshow said:

Prometheus Lens also now nerfed into the ground. It was OP and needed nerfing but it's like certain aspects of their game just don't get a single pass of testing.

But sure, I don't think anybody actually tested this gun before it was released. It's power was so obvious.

Gunplay/movement/sounds/animations are all top notch but just so many chunks of the game aren't there.

That's why I love pvp. I don't care as much about pve (even though I have everything completed every single week on two characters).

Also whilst I'm ranting slightly, why can't I use text chat to communicate with clan mates in game on PC?! This is an utter joke in 2017. A few of us tried to get a clan going only to find out you have to communicate using a chat box on the Bungie site or force people to use an external program like discord, which I'm fine with but trying to get people to use something they don't want to or aren't used to is quite the struggle. Needless to say we gave up bothering trying to run our own clan.

Back in time, this might maybe even bother me. But that's a long time ago. I use TS/Discord for any game I play and I usually play with a specific small group of people. It's not like you need a clan with 50 or more members to play anything in the game. Stable group of 6-10 people is more than enough. 

Also clan chat is supposed to come soon.

Edited by DarkMortyr
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, the event is amazing. Also got two armor pieces from two engrams, exclusive sword from a third one and bought one armor piece, so I am happy. But that's the way you like it, isn't it? Getting a skin / reward by leveling / progression / challenges. You get several items by doing milestones every week and then you can literally buy anything you want (everything should appear at the eververse shop at some point) for "free" by just playing / leveling and dismantling rewards from bright engrams. I get around 200 bright dust every single day, so that's enough for me to get w/e I want. It's not like OW does it any better during the events.

Edited by DarkMortyr

34 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

Yeah, the event is amazing. Also got two armor pieces from two engrams, exclusive sword from a third one and bought one armor piece, so I am happy. But that's the way you like it, isn't it? Getting a skin / reward by leveling / progression / challenges. You get several items by doing milestones every week and then you can literally buy anything you want (everything should appear at the eververse shop at some point) for "free" by just playing / leveling and dismantling rewards from bright engrams. I get around 200 bright dust every single day, so that's enough for me to get w/e I want. It's not like OW does it any better during the events.

that is how i like it but not in a $60 game with paid dlc. also, it's not really comparable to OW because all their dlc has been free since release.

Destiny 2 was a joke for me and my clan. they could do SO MUCH MORE. 

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed D2.. but for like 2 till 4 weeks. they have ad a really shitty system with armor level-up lock, wich means you always get the same armor on the same level. Wich will be reset by every tuesday. in this way you can't get to the highest level in one or two weeks no matter how much you play. If you are really liking a game you should be rewarded in every hour you play! Big turndown for me.. 

The Clan system sucks to. I am founder of a 57 ppl clan from D2. only thing what you can achieve with your clan is the clan level system what would be reset per season. max level is 6 and per level u will be rewarded with tiny little extra's like more rare engrams completing a strike or something like that. But there is no clanwar, or a clan ranklist or whatever... only good thing about a clan is that you have people to play the raid with.

I'm not gonna lie, Raids are really, really challanging and awesome. but there is just NO REWARD DOING IT. There is just no unique item that you really really want...

they CAN fix all this problems by not rushing their DLC's en listening to the community. this game can be so great and soooo awesome. the concept is there now the rest...

In this way there are many turndowns for me. To much to spend my time typing for an hour and a half, 

looks like a "real" Bungie employee has finally stepped back into the building. hope they fired luke smith while he was at it. if it wasn't for all the players who called bullshit on D2 none of this stuff would be happening if it was left to those who just said "it doesn't affect me so i'm ok".

Sorry but that update doesn't do it for me, really. A lot hinges on the masterworks rework. I'm glad stuff is coming out of Eververse, but it's still all cosmetic useless fluff that doesn't develop your character in any meaningful way. It's progress but all of that is probably going to take the best part of a year to be implemented and even then I don't think we'll have reached anywhere near D1 TTK (it's peak for me). So it's still regression.

It's going to take months just to put in text chat for clans on PC (outside of The Tower). :lol:

• Upvote 1