Sign in to follow this  
Farq-S

Destiny 2 on PC

if you're on PC and tempted to find out what Destiny 2 is like let me save you the time and expense by saying don't buy it.

Destiny 2 is like the christmas tree bauble. it's looks shiny and exciting and fun but inside it's hollow and empty. i played Destiny 1 for over 2 years and it had it faults and frustrations but Destiny 2 by comparison is a husk of a game.

save your money and buy a better game.

bauble.jpg

21 hours ago, Farq-S said:

if you're on PC and tempted to find out what Destiny 2 is like let me save you the time and expense by saying don't buy it.

Destiny 2 is like the christmas tree bauble. it's looks shiny and exciting and fun but inside it's hollow and empty. i played Destiny 1 for over 2 years and it had it faults and frustrations but Destiny 2 by comparison is a husk of a game.

save your money and buy a better game.

bauble.jpg

I also played Destiny for a couple of years, from launch. It's not an excuse for the shallow content of Destiny 2, but Destiny 1 was also baron, broken, torn apart and sown back up again at launch and wasn't ever really "fixed" until TTK.

I expect a similar path for Destiny 2, mainly focusing on the depth of their content. People complained about the grind in Destiny (forever 29). Destiny 2 has taken it all away and now people are complaining there is no grind. I'm sure it will be addressed. It's just how long it takes to do so.

I played the beta on PC and the port was one of the best I've experienced and it ran so well and was full of options. At the end of the day Destiny 2 will be a casual game you drop in and out of, coming back when new content comes out. 

50 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

I also played Destiny for a couple of years, from launch. It's not an excuse for the shallow content of Destiny 2, but Destiny 1 was also baron, broken, torn apart and sown back up again at launch and wasn't ever really "fixed" until TTK.

I expect a similar path for Destiny 2, mainly focusing on the depth of their content. People complained about the grind in Destiny (forever 29). Destiny 2 has taken it all away and now people are complaining there is no grind. I'm sure it will be addressed. It's just how long it takes to do so.

I played the beta on PC and the port was one of the best I've experienced and it ran so well and was full of options. At the end of the day Destiny 2 will be a casual game you drop in and out of, coming back when new content comes out. 

Destiny 2 didn't just take out the grind. they took out all the RPG elements and all the progression mechanics that gave any sort of depth to gameplay, there's no endgame content and the story is as basic as a saturday morning x-men cartoon. the game isn't broken in any way like Destiny 1 was, it's just empty, unfulfilling and pointless. i played Destiny 2 one week and found myself asking why am i playing this game. i could not answer my own question.

Edited by Farq-S

Hmm. I know that a lot of Destiny 1 players were very frustrated by that game, yet they still played it. I've never played the first game, never really  played anything on console. Destiny 2 looks interesting to me. I really want something fresh to play and since I don't have any specific feelings from the first title, I also don't have any high expectations from this game. It's hard tho, people are used to hate on everything these days, it's such a stupid nature (look on CoD WW2 hate lol ...). And while they might be right in some things, sometimes they just like to jump on a hate train. So many players were bitching about Fortnite's PvE, because it has a lot of grind, something they call "paywall" (not true) etc.. Yet I love that game a lot. People just don't get a mmo style sometimes. Or they have a wrong expectatitons. 

Destiny 2 is going to cost me like 10€ and it will be something to fill the empty space before Battalion, so I am actually really looking forward to it.

13 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

Hmm. I know that a lot of Destiny 1 players were very frustrated by that game, yet they still played it. I've never played the first game, never really  played anything on console. Destiny 2 looks interesting to me. I really want something fresh to play and since I don't have any specific feelings from the first title, I also don't have any high expectations from this game. It's hard tho, people are used to hate on everything these days, it's such a stupid nature (look on CoD WW2 hate lol ...). And while they might be right in some things, sometimes they just like to jump on a hate train. So many players were bitching about Fortnite's PvE, because it has a lot of grind, something they call "paywall" (not true) etc.. Yet I love that game a lot. People just don't get a mmo style sometimes. Or they have a wrong expectatitons. 

Destiny 2 is going to cost me like 10€ and it will be something to fill the empty space before Battalion, so I am actually really looking forward to it.

if you are going to buy it i would suggest waiting until after they release the first dlc which will be around xmas. there's so much missing from the vanilla game they must have held content back to sell as dlc. remember, it is activision after all.

if you're looking for a game to fill time before Battalion i highly recommend Titanfall 2 if you haven't already played it. it plays like Destiny's pvp but its 1000 times better and all of the dlc is absolutely free. the single player story is better than Destiny 2 as well.

Edited by Farq-S