Sign in to follow this  
sumacz

EGX Thread Battalion 1944

Hi, all Battalion 1944 Lovers ! 

In this thread i gonna put some stuff/materials from EGX. Come join to me ! :) I know everyone is waiting for "big annoucement" but until then we need to enjoy it :D

• Upvote 1

Is there  a big announcement coming soon? Did i miss a thread on that or what? Or is this just TS doing a big announcement? Cuz that video basically said nothing new. Been awhile since we heard anything from the devs themselves so im eager to get some new info.

1 hour ago, HypeRNT said:

Is there  a big announcement coming soon? Did i miss a thread on that or what? Or is this just TS doing a big announcement? Cuz that video basically said nothing new. Been awhile since we heard anything from the devs themselves so im eager to get some new info.

He just confirmed that Bat1944 will be coming as a release in Q1 2018

30 minutes ago, Xtreem said:

He just confirmed that Bat1944 will be coming as a release in Q1 2018

That has been known for quite some time now. 

In about a month, @Battalion1944 is going to get scary for fans.. but I promise you... in January...January 2018 with be NON STOP BATTALION!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Xtreem said:

Could still be a beta with no downtime, now its certain that they will release the game in that time period

Well yeah but ive heard it in some of the other interview before that EA is comming in Q1 2018 for sure. Beta should be by the end of this year most likely november if i am correct? Im not sure where I ve heard it by now but its in my head as a sure thing :D But there should be some big announcment comming soon this month that was the reaction to HypeRNT

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jackis said:

Well yeah but ive heard it in some of the other interview before that EA is comming in Q1 2018 for sure. Beta should be by the end of this year most likely november if i am correct? Im not sure where I ve heard it by now but its in my head as a sure thing :D But there should be some big announcment comming soon this month that was the reaction to HypeRNT

thx i was wondering what we were all talking about

Edited by HypeRNT

Here are some tweets for the ones who are interested and don't have a Twitter account ;)

11 minutes ago, tgrk!? said:

will we have a chance for an open beta or it will be closed like alpha?

Closed only I guess.. people have paid for it ;)

• Upvote 1

Funny how they mention adding "bugs" back in to the game for that oldschool feel but they won't add reload jump shots (CoD2) cus it was considered a bug?? It was one of the most fun bugs in gaming history imo and really gave CoD2 it's charms especially with the Kar98K.

084.png

Edited by dodged

51 minutes ago, dodged said:

Funny how they mention adding "bugs" back in to the game for that oldschool feel but they won't add reload jump shots (CoD2) cus it was considered a bug?? It was one of the most fun bugs in gaming history imo and really gave CoD2 it's charms especially with the Kar98K.

084.png

Indeed however I'm kinda glad they are not putting this one in. I remember that one guy doing only this to move sideways basicly nonstop :D Still would be more pleased without sprint while having reload thou.. 

Also big thanks to @sumacz for posting these news.

Edited by jackis

They said they will keep it small player size of 5v5 in tdm on their own servers, that seems really tiny, one of the things i loved about cod2/cod4 servers was that i could jump into one of those insane 64 man servers or 32 man servers and just have some crazy rampaging experience where you go on a crazy 10 killing spree. Its one of the main things i miss about those days, if you look at cod, its all tiny player sizes running into the same people constantly.

They did say that private server's owned by players can increase player size, but still, wish it was default at least 20 man servers on release for a 10v10 tdm or SnD.

The closer it is towards cod2/cod4 the more happy i will be, those were truly great days of fps gaming.

They said they will keep it small player size of 5v5 in tdm on their own servers, that seems really tiny, one of the things i loved about cod2/cod4 servers was that i could jump into one of those insane 64 man servers or 32 man servers and just have some crazy rampaging experience where you go on a crazy 10 killing spree. Its one of the main things i miss about those days, if you look at cod, its all tiny player sizes running into the same people constantly.

They did say that private server's owned by players can increase player size, but still, wish it was default at least 20 man servers on release for a 10v10 tdm or SnD.

The closer it is towards cod2/cod4 the more happy i will be, those were truly great days of fps gaming.

Man I'm pretty sure it will be 20 slot server or similiar TDM as you described from the beginning. Only competetive will be 5v5 S&D. I mean all cod2/4 - dm/tdm/ctf/whatever servers has been around that number if they force the numbers down that wouldn't make any sense. You also wanna practice your aim on dm with more people not just 10 but more likely with 16 etc. Depends on the map. I mean DM toujane was best with 12 people, 16 has been too much. Howerver TDM toujane has been still good with 20 people :) I'm pretty sure there will be a zombie mode aswel with 64 players which is incredibly fun where players create their own maps. I mean that's the best thing they are doing. Giving the power back to the people rather then control everything ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

I'm pretty sure they were only talking about the S&D competitive side of the game.

1 hour ago, jackis said:

Man I'm pretty sure it will be 20 slot server or similiar TDM as you described from the beginning. Only competetive will be 5v5 S&D. I mean all cod2/4 - dm/tdm/ctf/whatever servers has been around that number if they force the numbers down that wouldn't make any sense. You also wanna practice your aim on dm with more people not just 10 but more likely with 16 etc. Depends on the map. I mean DM toujane was best with 12 people, 16 has been too much. Howerver TDM toujane has been still good with 20 people :) I'm pretty sure there will be a zombie mode aswel with 64 players which is incredibly fun where players create their own maps. I mean that's the best thing they are doing. Giving the power back to the people rather then control everything ;)

I mean on the video at 1:30 they stated smaller group sizes like 5v5 or 6v6 for TDM/SnD their only 2 modes that we will have on early access, they working on the rest still. To me thats really tiny, its like the current cod match making system, where its the same couple guys in your server and when one of them rage quits its like 5v4......For me personally its not satisfactory to see such tiny servers. Now if this is only for match making, then yeah no problems with it, but if its for like all types and they are just waiting for us players to purchase dedi servers for increased player size, then i dunno how i feel about it.

56 minutes ago, HypeRNT said:

Now if this is only for match making, then yeah no problems with it, but if its for like all types and they are just waiting for us players to purchase dedi servers for increased player size, then i dunno how i feel about it.

I think anyone can start a server on their own pc/server.. for free.. Or pay a bit for a server, but plenty of people will do that so I'm not worried..

My own server was 3v3 S&D Carentan so for me it's in no single way an issue..

3 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

I think anyone can start a server on their own pc/server.. for free.. Or pay a bit for a server, but plenty of people will do that so I'm not worried..

My own server was 3v3 S&D Carentan so for me it's in no single way an issue..

I dont think its an issue as long as we have "real" dedi servers that we can purchase ourselves and have a 20/32/64 slot server. But my concern is that they simply will not provide us with any to start, and that we will only have this matchmaking or what ever it is and constantly have 5v5's/6v6/ and not actual proper lobby games. I guess id figured they would launch with a matchmaking system like cs go for 5v5 snd, since that is their competitive gamemode, and then have snd/tdm their base 2 game modes they have right now on dedi servers that have all sorts amount of slots that can let more then just 10 or 12 ppl play in a game at one time.

Again, not a gigantic issue as long as we ourselves can get dedi servers, but it would be nice to see some on early access/release that can accommodate more people who arent looking to play matchmaking.

19 minutes ago, HypeRNT said:

I dont think its an issue as long as we have "real" dedi servers that we can purchase ourselves and have a 20/32/64 slot server. But my concern is that they simply will not provide us with any to start, and that we will only have this matchmaking or what ever it is and constantly have 5v5's/6v6/ and not actual proper lobby games. I guess id figured they would launch with a matchmaking system like cs go for 5v5 snd, since that is their competitive gamemode, and then have snd/tdm their base 2 game modes they have right now on dedi servers that have all sorts amount of slots that can let more then just 10 or 12 ppl play in a game at one time.

Again, not a gigantic issue as long as we ourselves can get dedi servers, but it would be nice to see some on early access/release that can accommodate more people who arent looking to play matchmaking.

If it comes like CS:GO, you have a matchmaking where you can play competitive, you have all other gamemodes which you can play for fun, AND you have a server browser for dedicated servers. So you will have everything :D Even the option to rent/host your own server and play on big servers, custom maps, whatever you want.

45 minutes ago, HypeRNT said:

I'm figuring he meant to mention that it was SnD, but I have no idea. The human mind is quite good at making mistakes, so he easily could have forgotten that it was SnD he was talking about. I do it a lot, nearly everyone does.

1 hour ago, Dark said:

I expect their "big announcement" one or two days after EGX. 

Oh boy.... I'm so curious....

1 hour ago, Masser said:

I'm figuring he meant to mention that it was SnD, but I have no idea. The human mind is quite good at making mistakes, so he easily could have forgotten that it was SnD he was talking about. I do it a lot, nearly everyone does.

I mean it couldnt of just been SnD cuz he said "or 6v6" and we know that obv we its going to be made for 5v5. I just think he meant what he said, their servers will be 12 slot on release and anything more we probably will have to purchase /customize ourselves