Sign in to follow this  
sumacz

EGX Thread Battalion 1944

I´m just a bit worried about that whole economic in bat1944. If its the same as CS with ´´eco rounds´´ I wouldn´t like it, but would still be playable. But 5 shotguns, really? Hope he's taking the piss.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Xtreem said:

I´m just a bit worried about that whole economic in bat1944. If its the same as CS with ´´eco rounds´´ I wouldn´t like it, but would still be playable. But 5 shotguns, really? Hope he's taking the piss.

You could, if you wanted to but why would you?

Thanks to everyone that played @Battalion1944 at EGX! Big announcements coming soon

Anyway in response to Xtreem so far from what I understand. You will be given certain ammount of guns/smokes/nades etc from the very beginning of the map side and then it's up to you how you use them during the game. He didn't say for this round you will get 5 shotguns. What he meant was that you can use 5 shotguns if u want but you won't have them avaliable for other rounds (Of course it depends on how much guns there will be for a side). 

Also I wouldn't worry about strict 5v5 tdm server. I'm pretty sure casual servers will be about 10/10 games depends on the map and a mode I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jackis said:

Also I wouldn't worry about strict 5v5 tdm server. I'm pretty sure casual servers will be about 10/10 games depends on the map and a mode I suppose. 

All i'm reading from numerous sources is 5v5 so i can only assume that all gamemodes in the vanilla game will be 5v5. anything more than that i guess would be possible on custom/private servers. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Farq-S said:

All i'm reading from numerous sources is 5v5 so i can only assume that all gamemodes in the vanilla game will be 5v5. anything more than that i guess would be possible on custom/private servers. 

That's how it should be, right?

1 minute ago, suNNN said:

That's how it should be, right?

i have no preference. just stating what i've seen.

18 hours ago, ZeakQ said:

You could, if you wanted to but why would you?

Depending on the map, rush tactic etc but as how @jackis explained it, that would be agreeable for me.

i wonder if during early access of open beta we will have access to our own dedi servers so that we can participate in larger server sizes. Huge fan of battlefield server sizes, and really hate how small recent cod lobbies are. 

I believe they confirmed that it will cost $11, which is a great price point, and now im just waiting for them to start the hype machine going because i def want to see a lot more action on the forums and promotional stuff.

14 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

i wonder if during early access of open beta we will have access to our own dedi servers so that we can participate in larger server sizes. Huge fan of battlefield server sizes, and really hate how small recent cod lobbies are. 

I believe they confirmed that it will cost $11, which is a great price point, and now im just waiting for them to start the hype machine going because i def want to see a lot more action on the forums and promotional stuff.

If u played CoD1 - CoD5 you would know it's unplayable to play for example with 64 people in one server as you can see in Battlefield. It would require a special mod for example Zombie mod or CoDJumper. I cannot imagine playing 32 vs 32 S&D on default maps :D It would have to be really big map to be playable but still it would be kind of weird in my point of view.

On stock maps it's usually OK with 12 or maybe 14 players. More than that it's a real mess.

4 hours ago, suNNN said:

If u played CoD1 - CoD5 you would know it's unplayable to play for example with 64 people in one server as you can see in Battlefield. It would require a special mod for example Zombie mod or CoDJumper. I cannot imagine playing 32 vs 32 S&D on default maps :D It would have to be really big map to be playable but still it would be kind of weird in my point of view.

yeah 64 might be a bit overkill, i was talking more about more 20 slot, or 32 slot. In cod4 i know 82ndAB had some huge server slot sizes for their tactical realism modded server, and that was super fun. Im just saying, the simple 5v5 gets boring quick, and those big servers are always fun for a bit and then u jump back to match making. They are also good for warm up since there is instant action.

4 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

yeah 64 might be a bit overkill, i was talking more about more 20 slot, or 32 slot. In cod4 i know 82ndAB had some huge server slot sizes for their tactical realism modded server, and that was super fun. Im just saying, the simple 5v5 gets boring quick, and those big servers are always fun for a bit and then u jump back to match making. They are also good for warm up since there is instant action.

Of course there will be possibility to have more than 5vs5 in private (own hosted servers). As in every game you should be able to edit everything (game type settings, slots etc..). 

6 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

As per how running a server works, there will be a server variable for the number of player slots. Stop overthinking things and let the devs do their jobs. When they release the game in beta or whatever the next stage is, then we can give a feedback and critique what they do. Kinda hard to critique vague and ambiguous statements in short videos where they are limited on time.

On 23/09/2017 at 2:05 PM, dodged said:

Funny how they mention adding "bugs" back in to the game for that oldschool feel but they won't add reload jump shots (CoD2) cus it was considered a bug?? It was one of the most fun bugs in gaming history imo and really gave CoD2 it's charms especially with the Kar98K.

084.png

You're wrong. 

We didn't add it back in because it was too difficult to communicate to players and for new players to replicate. If new players can't learn how to play the game at a high level, how can you expect them to stay around and continue playing the game.

We can add what bugs we like thank you! And this one, I believe, we had a very good reason; not just for long term growth but for long term sustainability.

Joe

10 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

You're wrong. 

We didn't add it back in because it was too difficult to communicate to players and for new players to replicate. If new players can't learn how to play the game at a high level, how can you expect them to stay around and continue playing the game.

We can add what bugs we like thank you! And this one, I believe, we had a very good reason; not just for long term growth but for long term sustainability.

Joe

You can add back whatever bug you like it's your game after all.

It was just a big thing back in the COD2 days and as soon as i mentioned this game to people that were really in to COD2 it's always one of the first thing they ask if thats in.

I can even remember a post by @vozER where he said people with a COD2 background where complaining about it on the first LAN you guys showed off battalion.

found it:

"what I heard people complaining about was that you couldn't really do reloading jumps (personally, I don't mind, but many CoD2 players did mind)."

in the end of the day it's your choose but i think it would be a great addition to this game. Also it played a big part in why people loved the kar98k so much in CoD2 and it also gives you the feeling you got full control over your character at all times and it highers the skill ceiling thats what you want in a super competitve shooter right?

"that fast paced one to one movement action gameplay"

there was nothing more satisfying than hitting that reload jump shot on the Burgundy cross, the good old days. :x

And if it's impossible to recreate in unreal engine, or if you guys dont have the knowledge for it it's also completely fine.
I just hope you guys give it a second thought.

dodged

Edited by dodged
  • Like 2