Kngz

Beta Release

They have big announcements coming up. Probably beta ETA coming soon! Alpha is Running Tour it's end , game is getting well shaped. Personaly i expect closed beta somewhere october-november.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dark said:

They have big announcements coming up. Probably beta ETA coming soon! Alpha is Running Tour it's end , game is getting well shaped. Personaly i expect closed beta somewhere october-november.

They said something " scary" is going to be announced and some backers won't like it, so i think it's more something like "we will release some big update but in january"

1 hour ago, Zane said:

They said something " scary" is going to be announced and some backers won't like it, so i think it's more something like "we will release some big update but in january"

That would be very disappointing because providing us with almost no content to discuss on forums the next thing i wana hear is almost like a delay which is pretty far away if its January, this is just my thinking of it im sure others are more forgiving but with almost no one pressuring them to give out more content i would think they are hard at work to try to meet decent time tables.

1 hour ago, HypeRNT said:

That would be very disappointing because providing us with almost no content to discuss on forums the next thing i wana hear is almost like a delay which is pretty far away if its January, this is just my thinking of it im sure others are more forgiving but with almost no one pressuring them to give out more content i would think they are hard at work to try to meet decent time tables.

What i said is just my "worst" case scenario for the announcement they have talked about, but I hope i'm wrong on that. Anyway it would be nice to have some infos on when the next alpha week will be or at least what we can expect to be in it. It's been almost a month since 0.3 test weekend

Edited by Zane

10 hours ago, Zane said:

the "scary" things that came to my mind is a change to the implementation of micro-transactions or switching to a free-to-play model and micro-transactions.

we've heard virtually nothing on the influence that square enix collective is having on the development of the game.

Edited by Farq-S

I have the same feeling than Zane about "scary" thing. January is the next phase : Beta, and nothing more between now and this.

Wait and see.

2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

the "scary" things that came to my mind is a change to the implementation of micro-transactions or switching to a free-to-play model and micro-transactions.

we've heard virtually nothing on the influence that square enix collective is having on the development of the game.

That kind of stuff would be way more than scary for me, i'd say it would be terrifying

I just want the best for the game.. and I have no idea what is best..

No problems with micro-transactions (kinda like it) and no problems with free-to-play if that is the best for the game..

The only thing I want is people to play with when the game is released :)

12 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

I just want the best for the game.. and I have no idea what is best..

No problems with micro-transactions (kinda like it) and no problems with free-to-play if that is the best for the game..

The only thing I want is people to play with when the game is released :)

I agree with you, I'm fine with micro transactions too (definitely can help devs to improve their game and adding dlc content like maps, balancing update or even tournament supporting) :)

Free to play can bring more people to the game. Lot of people don't want to buy game if the don't like trailer etc. but if the game will be free to play so everybody can try it and play and then judge if the rly liked it or not. BUT there have to be some Ranked limitations (smth like LOL => LVL30 to play ranked games to avoid cheaters ruin the game, of course solid anticheat software) BUT in general more people = stronger community => better matchmaking experience => more servers = lower latency => overall better conditions for gamers! of course more money for development!!!

I'm hundred percent sure battalion will be played a lot after release (if there will be functional matchmaking system for teams and solo/duo) also some skins too, cause everybody wants to differentiate yourself with weapon skins :) => (community marketing), streams on twitch have too much power to let other gamers know about bat44. If the game will be well polished then streamers will be play this game as their main so people will have constantly battalion before their eyes on twitch :) i believe this will work FOKIN well

Edited by LysoO

From what i have heard the game won't be free to play but it will cost around 13 eur = same as csgo. Microtransactions was already confirmed i guess as i heard somewhere about skins (which is good thing).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, suNNN said:

From what i have heard the game won't be free to play but it will cost around 13 eur = same as csgo. Microtransactions was already confirmed i guess as i heard somewhere about skins (which is good thing).

The last I heard was 11 dollars, 10 euro...

Found the 10 euro part on this german website: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Spiele-Thema-239104/Specials/Battalion-1944-Hands-On-Test-Review-CoD-WW2-1237946/

53 minutes ago, vapo said:

Nice find, i wish the devs would post these kind of interviews, just nice to hear some new info but its all from third party sources.

1 hour ago, vapo said:

after watching all of these, there is a good amount of info here so nice find.

Overall one concern that keeps coming up in my head right now seems due to how i keep hearing them say "simple" over and over again. I feel like having features like mod tools/dedi servers/SnD style gameplay brings us back to old school shooters, i think some fluff so to speak in terms of the maps and gameplay is needed to attract a bigger player base that simply isn't based on old school gamers. I dunno, maybe im just thinking ahead a bit here, but one of the reasons cod4 was so great because it combined the graphical elements with the competitive aspect which is what promod brought, so you had a great competitive aspect as well with visual. In 2017-2018 i wonder how people will react to a simple barebones maps with no art or effects that most people are used to. 

8 hours ago, vapo said:

@vapo - thanks for bringing this to the forum.

OK, lots of interesting info from this @[DEV] KingHoward interview;

pricing similar to CSGO for early access and slightly more at full release. early access release around early 2018. square enix collective - very hands-off. micro-transactions limited to common and legendary skins. 2 game modes (TDM, SnD). 4 maps - maybe 5 at release.

honestly, as a kickstarter backer the things @[DEV] KingHoward said sound less ambitious than the kickstarter pitch but that's almost entirely due the economic realities and the amount of resources needed to meet those original ambitions being much higher than bulkhead anticipated.

i'm 100% happy with everything i heard.

the King has spoken. long live the king! 

Edited by Farq-S
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, vapo said:

Thanks for the links =)

3 other things that I found interesting :

- Fast/double weapon switch to shorten the reload animation.

- Possibility to save different configurations (with different color settings), and load them during the game via commands (bind ?).

- Weaker rifles (don't remenber the names) have more grenades.

11 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

Nice find, i wish the devs would post these kind of interviews, just nice to hear some new info but its all from third party sources.

after watching all of these, there is a good amount of info here so nice find.

Overall one concern that keeps coming up in my head right now seems due to how i keep hearing them say "simple" over and over again. I feel like having features like mod tools/dedi servers/SnD style gameplay brings us back to old school shooters, i think some fluff so to speak in terms of the maps and gameplay is needed to attract a bigger player base that simply isn't based on old school gamers. I dunno, maybe im just thinking ahead a bit here, but one of the reasons cod4 was so great because it combined the graphical elements with the competitive aspect which is what promod brought, so you had a great competitive aspect as well with visual. In 2017-2018 i wonder how people will react to a simple barebones maps with no art or effects that most people are used to. 

Simple doesn't mean ugly. CSGO reworked inferno, nuke and cobblestone over time. They don't look over complicated, very little fog or visually restricting effects, and make use of bright colours and contrast. They are simple and quite graphically pleasing. CS looked ugly as hell in my opinion a few years ago, but it looks visually pleasing and attractive. Casuals can enjoy the visuals, whilst competitive minded people can enjoy the layout and visually clear look. 

Edited by Masser

14 hours ago, Connard said:

Thanks for the links =)

3 other things that I found interesting :

- Fast/double weapon switch to shorten the reload animation.

- Possibility to save different configurations (with different color settings), and load them during the game via commands (bind ?).

- Weaker rifles (don't remenber the names) have more grenades.

It is always sad to see the M1 Carbine being the weaker weapon in every ww2 game (the ones I played at least), the only game it is actually decent is in the beta of RAID: World War II.

any news about the microtransactions?

really waiting for it, i'm not paying full tag price for a game to then be asked for more money for it's content even if it's only skins

that's free games economy, not the paid ones. Really sad every game is doing that mindless stuff now and people buy into it, i'm not so, really waiting to see their take on it.

You are crazy if you think a game can survive just on sales in a long term. 

Let me quote something i wrote about skins:

On 7. 5. 2017 at 12:38 PM, DarkMortyr said:

Yeah, Rocket League is doing the same with their crates. They use it to support competitive scene and have a nice prizepools. Same with LoL, except they even use some skins as a support for charity. And there are more games like that. Skins are kinda ultimate element in the game. It's something that you don't need at all, it's completely useless gameplay wise but at the same time, it can create a massive income to support just about everything - developers, servers, game development, tournaments / events, prizepools. 

It also allows developers to give you a free content that might otherwise be a paid DLC.

When it's made right, there is just no better option than this. A lot of games already proved that.

Edited by DarkMortyr

28 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

You are crazy if you think a game can survive just on sales in a long term. 

that's a lie told by many developers that many people believe today.
I agree with the DLC point, let's wait to see if they can hold the money desire on that point

Edited by mazh
  • Like 1

For large single player games or games costing $60 it might be. If they're are single player then they don't have as many long term costs, and games such as Battlefield, CoD or Battlefront likely can make a profit from their own sales of the game itself. In the case of Battalion they're aiming it to be a cheap release costing somewhere in the price range of $15 give or take either way. They will be renting their own servers, releasing content post release and in theory having a large competitive scene with in the future things like LAN's, cups ect with support from leagues such as the ESL. So in comparison to most other games, not only is it going to be quite affordable but needed to support later development. As a smaller game developer they won't be able to rely on having 2000 game sales a month, it could happen but if it doesn't they need a backup source of income.

As someone who watches some of Jim Sterling's videos and TotalBiscuit who are as far as I'm aware two main large YouTubers who have criticised games such as Dead space 3 for its micro-transactions, I would see this differently. These don't affect things in game nor will I imagine they will be expensive. 

• Like 1