Kngz

Beta Release

Connard    14
12 hours ago, mazh said:

that's a lie told by many developers that many people believe today.

Have you an exemple of an older game with the same level of support of "today's game" (matchmaking using dedicated server, monthly patch, free DLC, competition support...) who don't have micro transaction (or paid DLC) and had a low entry price ? Just curious.

And even if it's possible to survive without microtransaction, microtransaction allows games to survive with a smaller player base, which is a possibility that we can't excluded for Battalion.

Edited by Connard
  • Upvote 1

SupreMe    13
13 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

It also allows developers to give you a free content that might otherwise be a paid DLC.

I'd rather pay for DLC than have people running around with pink thompsons and sky blue kar98k's tbh.

Zane    31
13 minutes ago, SupreMe said:

I'd rather pay for DLC than have people running around with pink thompsons and sky blue kar98k's tbh.

Dlc are way worse than microtransaction, they just split the community and generate less revenue. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Farq-S    378

micro-transactions, if done correctly, is the way to go for Battalion. like Zane says, DLC will only split the community and generate less revenue over the life of a game. micro-transactions are so much easier to throw small amounts of money at. i keep saying this but the way it's done in Overwatch is the best example i've seen for micro-transactions and their approach would fit perfectly into Battalion.

• Upvote 2

mazh    83
12 hours ago, Masser said:

For large single player games or games costing $60 it might be. If they're are single player then they don't have as many long term costs, and games such as Battlefield, CoD or Battlefront likely can make a profit from their own sales of the game itself. In the case of Battalion they're aiming it to be a cheap release costing somewhere in the price range of $15 give or take either way. They will be renting their own servers, releasing content post release and in theory having a large competitive scene with in the future things like LAN's, cups ect with support from leagues such as the ESL. So in comparison to most other games, not only is it going to be quite affordable but needed to support later development. As a smaller game developer they won't be able to rely on having 2000 game sales a month, it could happen but if it doesn't they need a backup source of income.

As someone who watches some of Jim Sterling's videos and TotalBiscuit who are as far as I'm aware two main large YouTubers who have criticised games such as Dead space 3 for its micro-transactions, I would see this differently. These don't affect things in game nor will I imagine they will be expensive. 

are they releasing the game at 15$? where did you got that information?

Masser    55
2 hours ago, mazh said:

are they releasing the game at 15$? where did you got that information?

For a long time they have mentioned about wanting a low price, all the way back in last year when the Humblebundle was still accessible, they mentioned they may decrease the price and include microtransactions or skins to counterbalance the price drop.

They haven't given a particular price, as I said in my first post "$15 give or take". Could be $20, or could be $10. We have no idea. Consequently, the idea of microtransactions or skins is easier to swallow.