NixoN

Is it still possible to back Battalion 1944 and buy into tier 2?

NixoN    1

I have read it is not possible anymore to buy into the alpha phase. 

Is it however still possible to get early acces or closed beta access? 

I would like to buy into tier 2 but don't see an option on kickstarter?

Masser    55

Yeah, sorry about that. Don't get your hopes up but Brammer did mention that they might open up the ability to buy in at some point earlier than early access, but as I said, don't get your hopes up for that.

• Upvote 1

HypeRNT    6

If they dont open it up for more buy in's then i think its just a bad marketing tactic on their part, especially if there are a good amount of people that want to purchase in say to like closed beta, where they clearly have more stable client and servers to hold a bigger capacity, in that case it would make no sense to not let people in until early access, but thats just my opinion i guess.

ToRRent    6
On 4.09.2017 at 7:55 PM, HypeRNT said:

If they dont open it up for more buy in's then i think its just a bad marketing tactic on their part, especially if there are a good amount of people that want to purchase in say to like closed beta, where they clearly have more stable client and servers to hold a bigger capacity, in that case it would make no sense to not let people in until early access, but thats just my opinion i guess.

There are already thousands of backers, I don't think they want to spend milions on dedicated servers just to play closed beta.

dodged    17
1 hour ago, ToRRent said:

There are already thousands of backers, I don't think they want to spend milions on dedicated servers just to play closed beta.

I have to say servers are almost dead after 01:00 AM there are like 1 or 2 servers with people on them, so they need to give people a chance to buy into the alpha imo.

Dark    52

Letting People buy into Alpha isn't gona change number of players. It has still one map and one gametype. Many People who bought into Alpha expected a finished game... once more maps and gamemodes come out all Alpha players Will play again.

• Upvote 1

HypeRNT    6

i mean...... letting more people buy into the alpha/beta/what ever is how you get more players, thats literally the only way to get more players is by giving more access to it...Pubg has 1 map and 1 game mode.... If the game is fun to play then people will play it, the last thing we want is for them to go into open access and find out their servers cant handle jack.

Zane    31
1 hour ago, HypeRNT said:

i mean...... letting more people buy into the alpha/beta/what ever is how you get more players, thats literally the only way to get more players is by giving more access to it...Pubg has 1 map and 1 game mode.... If the game is fun to play then people will play it, the last thing we want is for them to go into open access and find out their servers cant handle jack.

Yeah but Pubg and Battalion are 2 different games, Pubg has one huge map so chances are you always get a different experience every time you play and the gamemode they have it's what Pubg is supposed be played on. Battalion on the other side has small maps and playing deathmatch over and over on the same map with a limited amount of weapons and customization can get boring quickly. 

Also mind that us backers pledged for having a role in shaping up the game and because we used to play promod, new buyers will most likely be outsiders and won't judge the game on what it is supposed to be but on what is it now. Days of war did many mistakes during EA and one of them was releasing too early to the public and the game is dead now, so the devs are smartly avoiding doing the same thing.

Edited by Zane
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

pukiz    34
18 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

Don't quote me on this but I think by early access people will be able to rent their own servers

Edited by pukiz

Masser    55
20 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

2 points. PUBGhas one mode seemingly as a focus with that being battle royale, and it already has that mode in. 2ndly, the map is huge, and so it would take a fair few games to have had gunfights in every spot, building and shed. Battalion is likely going to have a few modes, TDM and SnD at the minimum, and so running around on one map with 7-8 guns is quite boring. I played it for 2 hours at most, and then stopped. I found a few bugs, put them on the alpha discord, got a feeling for performance and then headed off. A fair amount of people did this and so paying £50 would be quite underwhelming. They have their testers and it would be worse for it to be opened up in this state. Be patient.

Dark    52
5 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

You guys enjoying it?

The alpha? Personally I am. Many people don't enjoy it however. This because of only one map, one gametype atm. But that's alpha... Finding bugs and glitches, not "enjoying" the game xD

Dark    52
10 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

The only complaint i heard was: I want more playtime :P

Yea nobody complains, those who don't like alpha because of few content just disappear from the community xD