Sign in to follow this  
Farq-S

Marketing & Publishing - what's the plan for Bat44?

1 hour ago, RevoluT. said:

Well, they are still talking a few millions... Battalion will need to be creative, or take a nice loan.

between Bulkhead and Square-Enix they should have a plan in place by now whatever the budget. things like EGX, E3 and Gamescon are great but they still need to reach those less informed gamers out there.

as soon as the game launches and the people that already are waiting for the game that come desperate from cod4 csgo etc, plus those informed gamers that will know the game in those events and the word to word spreads a little, more people will get to know it from youtube and twitch and want to try it, just like PUGB rised.

Not saying you can compete with BF and COD, but if the word, streaming spreads like a virus as it will because the game will be spectacular and wanted by many, why not come close?

League of Legends didn't had any tv, magazine, etc comercial and it's a monster now

youtube and twitch is the way to go

if the game is good, just pay some top fps streamers and 2 top teams from cs go and other 2 top teams from cod to have a little go and watch it explode

3 hours ago, mazh said:

if the game is good, just pay some top fps streamers and 2 top teams from cs go and other 2 top teams from cod to have a little go and watch it explode

Well.. it works that way.. it CAN also be managed on other ways.. but you're definitely right!

On 28.08.2017 at 7:18 PM, dodged said:

Twitch, get a big streamer like Lirik or Summit to play the game and people will follow.

Just like Lawbreakers did? xD Streamers need to come into the game naturally, without pushing. If they announce any sort of partnership with content creators(like PUBG did) we can be on very good spot.

On 15-9-2017 at 9:06 PM, ToRRent said:

Just like Lawbreakers did? xD Streamers need to come into the game naturally, without pushing. If they announce any sort of partnership with content creators(like PUBG did) we can be on very good spot.

Lawbreakers was so bad not even a big streamer could help them sell their game.

2 hours ago, dodged said:

Lawbreakers was so bad not even a big streamer could help them sell their game.

i think lawbreakers was a decent game. i don't think they did enough to build a hardcore community around the game. they thought just getting prominent youtubers to play and promote the game was enough. they had closed alphas, closed and open betas on both platforms. Devs even streamed themselves on Twitch playing the game but they just never connected with enough players. most people dismissed it as a cheap overwatch copy but if you play it, it's nothing like overwatch.

i started this thread because i don't want to see Batt44 suffer the same fate. Batt44 seems to have that hardcore following but you just don't know until the time comes when people can actually buy the game. i just hope the marketing is there to push Batt44 when the time comes.

Lawbreakers tried to do too much at once. Their marketing scheme was "Trust us, it's going to be good" and "We got Cliffy B, no worries". Other than that they released a few cinematic trailers, which honestly looked really boss but was just that, cinematic. All in all they did too little marketing while the game itself tried to do too much at once.

I find it very hard to believe that Battalion 1944 will suffer from the same fate at least from a marketing stand point. So far they've done very well. They've stated what people that have played the alpha thinks, what they personally want, were they're at, what core problem they're trying to fix. As soon as they can start to release more gameplay, both screenshots and videos, things will escalate from there. Until that happens we can only speculate.

TL;DR: I'm not worried. The worry lies in if there's still a market for a game like this, which I truly hope there is.

• Like 1