[DEV] KingHoward

New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

332 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I'm Pim, born and raised in the Netherlands and currently in my mid-20's.

I have been a fan of PC shooters since I was ~12 or so, playing quake 3 and unreal tournament, over the years I have developed love for all types of video games but shooters have a special place in my heart, with fighting games coming in as a closed 2nd. When CoD first came out I was still active in UT and didn't play much on-line however I did finish the campaign 12 times - I simply loved it. With CoD2 I jumped into competitive CoD2 with some high school classmates - we weren't really that good but we had a great time. For the last 4-6years I have been complaining a lot about there not being any WW2 shooters. So when I heard about Battalion 1944 (via Tweakers.net - Dutch tech-related website) I was excited right away. I took a quick note since I was at work and a few days later (today) I supported the kick-starter and can't wait to get my hands on this game.

For work I will be moving to the US in the next few months so I hope there will be dedicated US (west coast) servers avaiable.

Nice to meet you all!

Hey everyone.

My name is Ian and I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa. I've been gaming for the better part of my life (in my late 20s now), mostly playing FPSes. I really grew up playing DoD online here in SA (steepest learning curve ever!), along with COD, COD2 and MOH. When those died out, I moved to COD4 and played that competitively for 3 or 4 years, until that too gave way.

Since then (and because of real life), I've only dabbled in online games - CS, CSGO, BF3/4, Diablo 3, BLOPS and so on. I've definitely felt there's been something missing in the online gaming space and I was ridiculously excited when I came across B1944 (friend of a friend posted a link to the Kickstarter). I'm really excited for a pure skill-based game which emphasises infantry combat on close-quarters maps - a return to DoD/COD/MOH. Also, a game with dedicated servers - which helps the smaller communities (like in SA) build up.

I'm going to be promoting the crap out of this game in SA, that's for sure.

Hi Ian, welcome to the website ;) .

I know what you prefer lol

Any abbreviation will do, Razor bro, but I do like that one ;) .

Developers, Programmers and Coders of the Bulkhead Development Forces:

You are about to embark upon the Great gaming Crusade, toward which we the gaming community have striven and longed for these many years. The eyes of the old gaming community are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving First person shooter gamers everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and gaming brothers-in-arms on all platforms we hope this new Battalion game will bring about the destruction of all these fancy modern first person shooters and the elimination of this stale overloaded genre to unite the old skool FP's gamers. Secure and bring back the halcyon days of gaming to our PC's and consoles!

As developers your task will not be an easy one. We the community hope your staff are well trained, Well equipped and battle-hardened. Fight savagely to deliver the authentic game we so crave.

I have full confidence in Battalion1944 and Bulkhead's devotion to development, and skill in programming. We will accept nothing less than a realistic experience to back to basics shooting game for full victory.

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

Ps....

My name is turpz. I am from scotland, just an old crap slow gamer who dies a lot. Been waggling my joystick since 79 and been round the block gaming wise. Stumbled on the kick start link via N4G and watched the beta vid. WOW you caught my attention. I really really hope this works out as Battalion1944 just might be my last FPS gaming swan song. Good luck, I truly hope you can do the whole WW2 thing justice, as modern shooting games are just utter baws. Roll on may 2017 !

Hey everyone,

I'm Lee, from Pennsylvania. I too have grown up playing and loving the MOH series, especially "Allied Assault" and "Front line". I backed this game with the deluxe rifleman option. It didn't take my pledge yet, but I think it said it will after the kickstarter is over. Anyway, best of luck with the development of this game. Let's make it the ultimate WWII experience. I heard about Battalion 1944 when searching for WWII games for ps4 on Google, that's where the kickstarter came up.

That was some intro, Turpz, welcome to the forums :shock::D .

Hi Lee, welcome aboard, it's good to see you here ;) .

Hi guys :)

My name is Guillaume and i'm from France, near Paris, and i've discover your game on kickstarter (Sergeant Founder on it ;) ).

I play a lots of differents games since the 90's, and for fps my first love with the old COD and MOHAA.. i miss this games styles.

See you soon on the game !! gl&hf

Cheers i had my Ike hat on. Its just some incoherent ramblings I'm prone to spouting specially after a few cans of tartan special. I promise i will behave myself . And welcome everybody, i have a feeling this place might get a wee bit busier over the next year. Excited about BAT44, I've been dreaming of this game for a long time. I hope BH can deliver :D

Cheers i had my Ike hat on. Its just some incoherent ramblings I'm prone to spouting specially after a few cans of tartan special. I promise i will behave myself . And welcome everybody, i have a feeling this place might get a wee bit busier over the next year. Excited about BAT44, I've been dreaming of this game for a long time. I hope BH can deliver :D

Welcome Turpz!

Nice little story! What kinda drink is the tartan special? A can that fits in a Kilt?

Hope you guys are done drinking Strongbow ... You should try real cider up there! :lol:

Hello Bulkhead Interactive and fellow battalion comrades! Great to have a classic WW2 shooter on next-gen console/pc (and leaving out silly kill-streaks and jump packs). Can't wait for this release. Spreading the word like crazy via Internet and word of mouth. Hope everyone else has the drive to do the same! Much love from San Diego, CA

hello everyone

my name is Finkä (the ä is pronounced like the a in bat). I'm from Switzerland. I saw a news on 4players and therefore i went to the kickstarter site and now i'm a backer and here ^^.

I'm around 30 years old and i began to play videogames in the early 90's on the snes. In 2002 a good friend of mine hyped me with bf 1942. I really really loved this game and i joined a local clan. At that time i visited some LAN's where we played bf,cod,cs and other games. when bf2 came out, the clan switched to this game but i was not happy whit the new scenario. so i still played bf1942. Due to eduction and later my job i stopped to play shooter every day. but i still play games when i think they are worth it (like the long dark, tvoec, firewatch etc.)

sooo... i'm a bit rusty when it comes to shooters. But i'm looking forward to play some matches with you on this game :) hope we see us

Hi guys,

i'am Maik,

i come from Germany,

my favourite games a team shooter,

a friend had post me about Battalion1944 on whatsapp,

so, here i'am!!!

I play games like "Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45", so i MUST back this project at KICKSTARTER!!! WW2 settings are my favourite, and i'am looking forward about the Game!!!

Paul

Breda, The Netherlands

CoD2, CoD4 Promod and The Division

Cybergamer

Visited 20+ european LAN's and counting :D

Playing competitive cod since 2006, so I'm hoping this game will bring me back :D

Hello there!

I'm Joe, early-20's from Northamptonshire in England, and I'm an alcoho--wait, wrong forum.

I seem to have missed the shooters that inspired the development of this game, as my "first" FPS was Call of Duty World at War. Stuck with the franchise for a few games before I got fed up with the near-future exo-suit what-the-soddery. Other notable FPS experiences are from growing up playing classic Doom and Wolfenstein 3D.

Big fan of games akin to Company of Heroes, Civilization, and Total War, as well as RPG series' such as Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, and Fallout. I'm looking forward to integrating into a good gaming community (yet to find one since the early days of DDO: Stormreach).

Heard about Battalion through a shared article on Facebook, I believe. Backed it more-or-less right there and then! I'm looking forward to release and meeting you folks on the battlefield! Hopefully I won't always be the one waiting to respawn.

Welcome to the lot of you, now dig into the forums and let the discussions begin :)

Hi Everyone

24, Southampton England.

I've become a backer, And I cannot wait to follow you guys through the process of building this great game.

My first introduction to the video gaming world was medal of Honour in 1999, since then I have played each instalment, but I am upset with how it is now compulsory to include such things as kill streaks, Map Packs and outrageous customization in various games. Lets take it back to FPS roots !

Tuned in last night to you're first live twitch stream and again cheers for answering the questions on everyone's mind. I'm really local at Southampton Hampshire ! ! !

:mrgreen::ugeek:

Can't wait to play this game! Spent so many nights playing COD to 4/5am when I should of been studying! I have been looking for a game like this for quite some time and would be nice to play a game where getting shot with a rifle actually means something!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I'm CptToffer - loving the look of the game and the community (from a quick browse)

I'm in the UK, spent the last 25 years playing games and writing about them.

Love all things historical and especially WW2. Played the original Call of Duty and especially Call of Duty: United Offensive, heavily. Ended up with a pretty decent clan and won a ton of stuff on ClanBase - huzzah!

Main multiplayer games on my trusty (not too old) PC have been Call of Duty: UO, Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, L4D, L4D2, Magic: The Gathering 2012, to name but a few. Generally speaking, I'll play (almost) anything.

A mate and I have backed this, can't wait to get started!