[DEV] KingHoward

New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone, the name is Kookyy!

I'm coming to the community a little late. I've heard about Battalion a while back from a couple friends of mine that were apart of the Kickstarter pledges. I'm originally a PC Counter-Strike 1.6 veteran that moved to CS:GO for the first initial years before dropping it after the skin wave hit. I then started to stream and got heavy into PUBG, about 1.5k hours, and peaked in top 50 NA solo fpp. After researching Battalion I must say that it ignited my old love for FPS aim and the roots of what it is to play a SOLID game in one of my favorite war eras. I remember playing a ton of Day of Defeat and forgetting how much I loved that experience. 

I run an awesome stream with an amazing community over at Twitch, https://www.twitch.tv/kookyy , and am always looking for any and everybody who has a love for FPS games or any genre. EVERYONE is welcome to come into chat and or play along side me. I'm always looking for soldiers to join my army of mouse wielding savages. If you have the time definately give it a look.

I'd love to learn as much as I can about the game as fast as I can. Thanks for everyone who viewed this post and I can't wait to start gaming with you all!

-Kookyy

Howdy folks.

The progress and developments so far look great.

You'll have a few old members of the COD2 /COD4 competitive scene dropping in for the Early Access release (with a few days booked off work!).

Looking forward to a proper return to FPS gaming.

-What's your name? Ronei
-Where are you from? Brazil
-What are your favorite video games? MOHAA
-Where did you hear about Battalion 1944? Facebook

Does anyone have information about server possibility in Brazil?

Hey there, Im Brian from Germany =)

Finally decided to register and cant wait for Early Access.

Have played all CoD Titles by now and cant wait to test this baby out.

I played 1 round at Gamescom 2017, since then im hooked :P

Hello! My name is Mark and I am aged 29 from the UK.

I started video games when I was approx. 14 with MOH:AA, I didn't have a clue what I was doing I just played the game to shoot stuff and never really understood competitive gameplay within the FPS genre, I played with a guy from NL who tried to teach me nade strats and stuff in exchange for helping him with his English homework lol :P

I moved from MOH:AA to Call of Duty vanilla when it was released, I applied for membership with 5th Battalion and stuck with those guys for a while until I met some other guys online that I played with right the way through COD1, United Offensive, COD2 and a little COD4, however in the early days of COD4 I decided to stop gaming so that I could focus on working, those guys no longer play games today.

Unfortunately when BO2 was in it's prime (2011), I was diagnosed with Leukemia (a form of blood cancer for those that don't know), and I had nothing better to do than to return to playing video games in my spare time! I was forced out of work and enjoyed the distraction of video games to get me through it all, along with good family support! I met some guys in a public lobby and have been playing with them ever since. We moved to CS:GO and so far I have accumulated 3k hours and we regularly play during the evenings.

I am back to work now but looking forward to the release of Battalion 1944 so I can nerd it out in the evenings and weekends! Sorry for the long post, but I guess if you're going to introduce yourself, do it properly :D

2 minutes ago, Razor said:

Welcoem aboard Brian and Mark :)

Thanks, hopefully I will be playing before 1st Feb, but not yet fast enough to win a giveaway :P Looks an awesome game though so far and can't wait to get my hands on it!

My name is Anton, i am 18 years old and lives in Sweden. 

my favorite game is PUBG right now, but of all time it is Fallout New Vegas.

I have never really played CoD 1,2 or MOH or B1942. But i remember whatching my uncle play all these and me standing next to him being blown away by these games, it all looked so realistic. When i was 7, i got a Wii which i later on got CoD3. The Wii version was absolutley shit and laggy, but i loved it so much. I think its actually these games that have made me the big history nerd i am today. I later began to play alot of EU3, Victoria and HOI2 and HOI3, mostley because of the shit laptop i owned. 

I Just like WW2 games in general. And i like eSports. I whatch alot of CS and play some aswell. I think this Game might suceed in eSport and i would like to be be apart of that.

I really wanted to be a kickstarter but i was just 16 or something when that was but now i can buy it myself. 

Edited by f0rsberg

Hi,

I'm Michael, aged 21, living in Austria (mozart and ww2, NO kangaroos :D ) IT Systems Engineer by day, casual gamer by night.

My favourite games have changed a lot over time, but constants are highly modded Minecraft, COD 1 & 2, COD Black Ops 2, the whole Anno series, some Storyline puzzle games (Sherlock holms, Portal, Infinifactory,...), casualy playing strategy games in 72h marathons...

I think I've seen Battalion on Kickstarter (not quite sure, I'm not really a forums guy and am singed up since 2016, so it's been a while).

I'm also one of the stupid ones, that completely missed that alpha was open for beta backers :D

Edited by Gapodo
Added Age, Job and Joke

Well hello all <3 Nice to be here and hope we get a great game with awesome replayable value.

I have maybe 12000 hours in Battlefield 2 2005/08 (cups ladders etcetc)

And 12000/14000 hours in COD4 2007/11.(Promode with cups etcetc)

Have not played a shoter since then, other some Overwatch for fun as there have not been any good FPS games made that was really worth it.

I am a hardcore backer in Star Citizen but hoping this will be my FPS fix.

BTW how do i ad my kickstarter pledge to this account ?

2UiE3tC.jpg

Edited by Wildguns

Hello All! I saw this introduction thread, so I figured "Why the heck not". The name is Keith Mitchell, I am currently the EIC of a geek culture/gaming website called The Outerhaven. I'm 41 years young and I love all sorts of games. I've been following Battalion 1944 for a while after hearing about it during an interview with Square Enix. Looks like my sort of game, as I grew up on similar games on the PC - Medal of Honor (the good one), Call of Duty 1 and 2 and Battlefield 1942/2. 

Can't wait to get my hands on this to check it out, as well as make some videos about it and stream it. The videos I've seen so far are getting me excited for the game. 

Hurry up February 1st and get here!

Hi, my name is vygote. I am 25, living in Belgium and have been playing the Counter-Strike/Call of Duty (2000+ hours) series on and off for about 10 years. After competing for a few years in CSGO (3000+ hours), I decided to quit. After a while I decided I want to compete again so I started playing some CoD2/CoD4/PUBG whilst waiting for Battalion 1944. In February the wait will be over and so I will be focusing a 100% on Battalion 1944. 

Herefor I'm looking for a team or players who want to start mixing/form a team. I'm playing Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, I could adapt to a team schedule as well, so no problem. Attending LANs wouldn't be any problems either. I'm more of an IGL/lurker type, so preferable SMG/Rifle. Great knowledge of tactics as well.

If anyone's interested, add me on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/vygote

Let's relive the good old FPS days together!