[DEV] KingHoward

New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

332 posts in this topic

Hi Battalion players,

I'm KingHoward and I'm from the Bulkhead Interactive team working on Battalion 1944. I work on everything from art creation & level design to marketing & management. We're the guys working on Battalion 1944, so we'll drop by here regularly to say Hi to our new forum members. We'd love to get to know our forum members, so if you would like to introduce yourself to everyone here, this is the place to do so. It also helps us know you're not a robot ;)

A few ideas to help get you started:

• -What's your name?
    -Where are you from?
    -What are your favourite videogames?
    -Where did you hear about Battalion 1944?

Tell us here!

If you would like to read our post on forum rules and FAQ, you can find that HERE

Hello,

Mike

Couer d'Alene Idaho USA

COD4/EQ1

Linked in WWIIONLINE forums.

This better have the potential to revive the ww2 shooter scene. Please don't launch without spectator mode, 5v5 SND mode and a scrim mode!

Best of luck folks!

Hi, excited to see this game in development! Heard about it from some people on the teksyndicate forums.

I used to be addicted to Return to Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer. Later moved onto the original Call of Duty and United Offensive expansion. For me nothing has been able to compare to those games.

Another thing I really enjoyed about them was the mapping and modding communities. The lifespan of the games had a lot to do with the people keeping it alive and interesting.

Hope to see more from you guys soon!

Hey, I've been waiting for a good old WW2 FPS to come along like this for ages now, and it looks cool so far!

Way back when I used to spend ages on Medal of Honor, RtCW and especially Enemy Territory, which still holds up pretty well today. I'll also echo what BigBadWolf said, that the modding community was certainly incredibly important in prolonging the lifespan of those games - if you look at ET now, probably at least half of the maps played are player created.

Hope to see this go from strength to strength!

Hello!

I just noticed this game on pcgamer and instantly was interested in it, being a big fan of all games WW2 related.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Hello! I'm Akis from Athens/Greece, my favorite games are BF1942 and BF2, i think i found battalion through a facebook group about WWII.

I would like to be a beta tester for this game, it looks very promising!

I have studied sound engineering, i could do some sound processing or sound design.

I wish the best to the developing team and i look forward 4 the final release of this game!

Hi I'm a HUGE FAN of games like Medal of Honor and Call Of Duty "THE" Original, and btw it was the game that I've spent the most time on.

It was with real joy that I learned that Battalion1944 is being developed by you guys!

It's about time to have a game set in WW2 with the today's technology.

And as a Game Artist I'd love to work with you on this project even if only on a mod!

What about that? Mods? Any plans?

Hello KingHoward and the rest of Bulkhead Interactive.

I'm Thomas 'krukan6' Kinell, the founder of HeXagon e-Sports. A gaming clan founded during 2004. Today a organization with around 70 members. We have two branches, one competitive and one casual. At the moment we support Battlefield 4, Counterstrike Global Offensive, Rocket League, Hearthstone and Rainbow Six Siege.

Our organization is based in Sweden but we also have members from other countries.

I heard about this game on our forum when a member posted your Official Announcement Trailer. I was in love! Could this be the game we all been waiting for?

I made a post on our forum about this and are getting people to start backing this through kickstarter.

A little info about myself.

Gaming since 1982 and started with Philips Videopac G7000 console and have been through alot of gaming rigs since.

Atari 2600/520STFM/1040STe

Amiga 500/600/1000

Nintendo 8bit/Gameboy/Wii U

Playstation 2/3/4

Xbox and 360.

PSP/Vita

PC

The games that brought best joy to my life:

Medal of Honor - Allied Assault PC

Call of Duty - United Offensive PC

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare PC

Battlefield 2 PC

Battlefield 3 PC

Homeworld 2 PC

Duke Nukem 3D PC

U.F.O (Xcom) - Enemy Unknown PC

Xcom - Terror from the Deep PC

Red Dead Redemtion Xbox 360

Company of Heroes PC

Supreme Commander PC

Wargame - Red Dragon PC

Legend of Zelda NES

Pirates Atari 520STFM

Dungeon Master Atari 520

Civilisation 2 Amiga 500

The Last Ninja C64

OMG, this wall of text. Sorry, I was carried away!

Im going to follow this board and see how this title develops.

If you need help with something our organization maybe can support you with some tasks. Just holler!

Good luck with the development KingHoward and the rest of Bulkhead Interactive!

Hello there, my name is Shuu. I just registered on the forums a few days ago, I believe I was the 6th registered member! (Woohoo!)

My name is Kannibale (:P) and im a hardcore ww2 nerd since the end of the 90's. I played for a really long time Day of Defeat from the very first beta and it got me hooked right away. After that there was no game which really "got me". I played all the Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Band of Brother titles etc. but there was never "that spark". At the moment Insurgency is kinda my 2nd biggest love but competitive wise its just too small.

I heard about Battalion on a german gaming newssite. Thank god.

Greetings all.

Have been playing online since mid 90’, a number of years WW2 flightsims. Grew tired of the PC as playing platform, as Im an old man getting close to 60 and appreciating the comfort of a good chair and a glas of wine..

So been playing a number of the military FPS released for consoles, latest BF4 for a couple of years. Immensly facinating and frustrating at the same time. My hope is that Battalion44 will catch the BF4 core, cut to the bone, and leave the bs behind (that includes abysmal server politics). Time will show. :)

I have pledged on Kickstarter and crossing fingers.

hello folks

great to see that so many want to see a game like this made. cant wait to see how it all ends.

good luck from scotland

Cavey

Hi,

My name is Jean-Christophe (J-C), 35 years old, from Belgium.

I'm a big fan of Cod 1 game. I even was member of a french team (Les Poilus) with trainings and matches on this game.

For me, this game is still the best WW2 game ever made...perfect gameplay, custom maps, mods, map editor (CoDRadiant).

I really hope that Battalion will bring the same spirit !

And yes...you're my first Kickstarter project ;)

-What's your name?

Kenneth

-Where are you from?

The Americas

CIV 5

COD:WOW

Gmod

Kickstarter

Hi guys!

I am very excited to play this game!

I am curious if we'll get to see any Canadian/British characters/units in the game.

Hi my name is Rick from PEI Canada,

I am a long time gamer, Day of Defeat got me addicted to gaming and that is what got me involved in game development as a texture artist for an Indie Studio, I enjoy creating textures, stencils and smart material with Substance Painter that give live to props and models, I have uploaded some of them to substance share for the Community.

My hobbies are woodworking, graphic arts, hockey and watching some good oldies on TCM ;)

dirtycam_wilderness.png.87b7899b25489022

57a2fe1673bc4_WW2USMCCamo.png.516ae31021

-What's your name?

My gaming friends usually call me MGP, an abbreviation of MovedGoalPosts. It's an odd name I know but was my first internet user, and has stuck a bit, after I got involved abusing the UK cable internet provider NTL who had sold cable broadband as unlimited and then moved the goal posts by imposing bandwidth restrictions.

Kannon Fodda is more representative of my status in game. Indeed each fps game map should have a cemetery rather than a camp site. I'd have more luck dodging coffins than pitching tents.

-Where are you from?

Surrey, UK

My "friends" say it has to be Bejewelled :(

Currently I mostly play Battlefield 4

Before the days of multiplayer I was into things like X-Wing, Lemmings

My introduction to online shooters was MoH:AA and CoD:UO graduating to CoD4 which was the last of the good CoD games with the first Black Ops being the last version that got me to part with the cash (kill streak perks made it unplayable, and server side things offered no controls).

Essentially the common theme here is gameplay with relatively simple ideas, and the avoidance of weird perks that create excessive distortion that gives a player unnecessary skills too advantageous against another.

Oh and I only game on PC.

I blame Facebook.

Edited by

Hello all, BIGGRIMTIM here. Patiently waiting for this game to release. Been waiting for something like this since COD 2 slowed down. Favorite game right now is Battlefield 4. I found out about this game from a friend who pointed me towards kickstarter.

Class work again, Shotgun, you're attention to detail is top class. You should start a thread in the new, "Non-Battalion" Discussion, forum to highlight your work.

I'd definitely like to see it.

Hi all,

I am Damien and I am from North West England.

I am looking forward to this game after seeing it on Kickstarter as it's back to the old school days of not relying on silly perks or kill streak rewards, it's all about that skill level to get anywhere and not just sitting camping in a pink fluffy tent :)

I play all types of games ranging from PC Games like Elite Dangerous to console games like Destiny and Halo.

Anyway hopefully this turns out to be as good as it looks as we need something like this.

Hi I'm baz obrien.. I'm an Irish gamer. Have been gaming for a long time lol. Old school gamer. I've just joined the battalion group... I must say I have been waiting for a game like this for a long.. I think this game is epic.. fantastic.. I think cod2 was brilliant...

Hello my name is Ante and i'm from Germany. I Played long time ago Call of Duty 2 and i'm a fan of WWII Games.

I'm also a developer and CEO of an technology company in germany.

I hear from you in a german gamer news :

Guys, i trust in you. This game wil be awesome!