Sign in to follow this  
insaneroy

How Many Keys

18 minutes ago, insaneroy said:

How many keys have been given away? How many left to go?

People had to buy into alpha, beta, and EA so far. This has been closed. You can't get in anymore and you'll have to wait for EA or till they open up sales again.
Please check the other posts out because this is like the 100th time i see this question :) 

4 hours ago, Dark said:

People had to buy into alpha, beta, and EA so far. This has been closed. You can't get in anymore and you'll have to wait for EA or till they open up sales again.
Please check the other posts out because this is like the 100th time i see this question :) 

This is a good sign, for some reason this week a lot of people came to see what the game was about.

8 hours ago, RevoluT. said:

This is a good sign, for some reason this week a lot of people came to see what the game was about.

It were not that many tbh, numbers are going down

3 hours ago, Dark said:

It were not that many tbh, numbers are going down

I've been here for a short time, maybe that's why I thought it.

The only explanation for the numbers going down in my mind the the NDA.

Which btw I don't understand why it exists for games like Battalion.

1 minute ago, RevoluT. said:

Nah it's because of no new content being added, people who don't understand what alpha is for :) 

3 minutes ago, RevoluT. said:

Here's a good reason : http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/303633/With_LawBreakers_loose_Bleszinski_says_livestreaming_the_alpha_was_a_misstep.php

4 minutes ago, Dark said:

Nah it's because of no new content being added, people who don't understand what alpha is for :) 

And lack of interaction, between users and admins.

2 minutes ago, Connard said:

Is battalion still very glitchy?

I thought that besides adding new weapons, balancing weapons and movement and adding new maps, the game was quite OK.

At least, the videos released basically with Phantasy playing, look very good.

1 minute ago, RevoluT. said:

And lack of interaction, between users and admins.

Is battalion still very glitchy?

I thought that besides adding new weapons, balancing weapons and movement and adding new maps, the game was quite OK.

At least, the videos released basically with Phantasy playing, look very good.

It's still in alpha, so there probably will be glitches still, i'm sure they will take it out of alpha once it's ready. (Not allowed to discuss current state of the game)

And there is no lack of interaction at all. Devs are very open. 

1 minute ago, Dark said:

It's still in alpha, so there probably will be glitches still, i'm sure they will take it out of alpha once it's ready. (Not allowed to discuss current state of the game)

And there is no lack of interaction at all. Devs are very open. 

I meant with things like PUBG night... The topic is dead.

Of course the admins seem very nice, if you go talk to them, they are very polite and helpful, but still, there is something lacking. Maybe is the community itself, too many of the active members of the forum being in NDA might be the reason.

Just now, RevoluT. said:

I meant with things like PUBG night... The topic is dead.

Of course the admins seem very nice, if you go talk to them, they are very polite and helpful, but still, there is something lacking. Maybe is the community itself, too many of the active members of the forum being in NDA might be the reason.

Devs can't force people to come to the forum :) And about the PUBG night, atm they're organizing their gamescom thingy. So that's why probably not much time.

Just now, Dark said:

Devs can't force people to come to the forum :) And about the PUBG night, atm they're organizing their gamescom thingy. So that's why probably not much time.

It's not about forcing.... I see always only up to 200 people on discord, but don't see more than 20 on the forums. Since I showed up late, I don't know how it was.

This scares me, I don't want to see a game like this dying or not receiving the attention it needs.... Also every attention attracted right now will soon be lost due to lack of activities, people will come and then go away after a week or 2.

14 minutes ago, RevoluT. said:

It's not about forcing.... I see always only up to 200 people on discord, but don't see more than 20 on the forums. Since I showed up late, I don't know how it was.

This scares me, I don't want to see a game like this dying or not receiving the attention it needs.... Also every attention attracted right now will soon be lost due to lack of activities, people will come and then go away after a week or 2.

If we assume that the game does not come out until 2018, starting to communicate to the greatest number of people is not necessarily the best thing to do.
Because, apart from players waiting for a spiritual sequel to Cod2 / Cod4 and who can wait 6 more months, the majority of players will move on before the game comes out (COD: WWII?).

Hard truth :/

Edited by Connard
  • Like 1

What a thread... -_-

Look. With the beginning of the Kickstarter project, the forums were booming. There were multiple new threads being posted per hour and there were like dozens of people online at the same time. It was one big party with very nice people, booze, clowns and balloons. Everyone was posting ideas and hoping their ideas would help the developers shape the game they wanted.

Now: The game is in a early alpha stage. The developers have an idea about what the players/potential buyers want, and the game has attracted a couple of ex-(semi)professional Call of Duty 2 and 4 players to the forum. Most of these fine gentlemen have received access to the Alpha via a free key or they've just bought the Alpha pack when people were able to. All these people talk on the private forums since the alpha is under NDA and we can't discuss this stage outside these boards. It's pretty normal that the rest of the forum is inactive in my opinion. And it's mostly the people who know what they're talking about who post in these forums, and the ultran00bz like myself just (dis)agree with them. The hidden forums aren't soopa doopa active themselves as you would expect with all those alpha backers, but the posts that are being made are very detailed and definitely useful for the developers. I like that. I'd rather have a few people who know what they're talking about than a few thousand kids who join the alpha and post 'omg diz game is so lame lulz im gonna tell my mommy' on the forums and twitter a few minutes later.

And the beautiful tale is true. The number of people who play the Alpha weekends is decreasing since the most of us "have seen it all". But don't worry... The developments are going wonderful and i'm pretty sure the community will be here again as soon as Bulkhead releases new game modes and maps in the alpha. And please remember that Bulkhead isn't promoting this game with their alpha, so there aren't people joining. Only leaving. And that's completely normal. I'm pretty sure the bigger commercial stuff is for Early Access/release. And it's normal they aren't active on these forums since they're busy with developing the game, drinking beer and Gamescom.

Sorry for my broke ass English. xoxo

Edited by BlueSmiley
There is no spoon.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueSmiley said:

What a thread... -_-

Look. With the beginning of the Kickstarter project, the forums were booming. There were multiple new threads being posted per hour and there were like dozens of people online at the same time. It was one big party with very nice people, booze, clowns and balloons. Everyone was posting ideas and hoping their ideas would help the developers shape the game they wanted.

Now: The game is in a early alpha stage. The developers have an idea about what the players/potential buyers want, and the game has attracted a couple of ex-(semi)professional Call of Duty 2 and 4 players to the forum. Most of these fine gentlemen have received access to the Alpha via a free key or they've just bought the Alpha pack when people were able to. All these people talk on the private forums since the alpha is under NDA and we can't discuss this stage outside these boards. It's pretty normal that the rest of the forum is inactive in my opinion. And it's mostly the people who know what they're talking about who post in these forums, and the ultran00bz like myself just (dis)agree with them. The hidden forums aren't soopa doopa active themselves as you would expect with all those alpha backers, but the posts that are being made are very detailed and definitely useful for the developers. I like that. I'd rather have a few people who know what they're talking about than a few thousand kids who join the alpha and post 'omg diz game is so lame lulz im gonna tell my mommy' on the forums and twitter a few minutes later.

And the beautiful tale is true. The number of people who play the Alpha weekends is decreasing since the most of us "have seen it all". But don't worry... The developments are going wonderful and i'm pretty sure the community will be here again as soon as Bulkhead releases new game modes and maps in the alpha. And please remember that Bulkhead isn't promoting this game with their alpha, so there aren't people joining. Only leaving. And that's completely normal. I'm pretty sure the bigger commercial stuff is for Early Access/release. And it's normal they aren't active on these forums since they're busy with developing the game, drinking beer and Gamescom.

Sorry for my broke ass English. xoxo

I understand that the game isn't ready so you should not promote it etc...

My problem is probably that I don't understand NDA for a game like this, and would love if someone could explain the reason. After all, the only game to be released in same genre is COD WWII and I don't see big company stealing ideas from this game.

On another note, I don't understand restricting the capacity to view the private forums, I do understand that not all people should be able to post there, but should be able to see the development.

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by RevoluT.

Devs should be more active on the forum, you look at the games that succeed and the games that dont, and from my own personal experiences the ones that succeed usually stay very close to their community with constant updates and things to keep their base occupied with, big info or small. Ive said this many times, i dont need them to release me a 20 minute video every day, but a tweet showing a picture of a gun or a map or something once every week/few days and posting it on forums/making a thread about it so people can discuss simply shows activity and interaction, it does not have to be something so time consuming.

Just waiting for this game to hit EA or beta stages so more people could test it out, hopefully the devs are on track with everything and haven't fallen behind, cant wait to test it for myself.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RevoluT. said:

My problem is probably that I don't understand NDA for a game like this

One of main reason is this game is made by independant studio with a little crew of devs to release it.
Showing the game as it is at this stage will be a "disaster" because majority of people will only see a low res, outdated or a bugged game whithout thinkng the game is still under development and they will bash it quiclky and without mercy (internet is without mercy). This behavior will kill the game before its release and final stage. (recent ie : DoW)

The hidden part of the forum allow us (alpha testers) to communicate freely with devs on what is good and what is wrong whitout the bashing side. If they show this part of the forum, the NDA as no more interest.

... and tactically this increase your interest for the game ! B|

Another reason is that contents (videos, screenshots, reviews...) created during the alpha will be still available after the launch and could easily mislead players looking for informations.

It wont because it Will Be old topics, and forums might just get wiped or kept in Alpha only

Edited by Dark

20 minutes ago, Dark said:

It wont because it Will Be old topics, and forums might just get wiped or kept in Alpha only

If you allow players to upload videos on Youtube (for example), this videos will still exist after the release. And because they're old they probably will have more views (at least at the beginning) than videos featured up-to-date gameplay, and will have lot of chance to be in the top of the Youtube searchs.

And that, Bulkhead can't do anything about it, except prevent the videos that featured alpha version of the game to be upload in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Connard said:

If you allow players to upload videos on Youtube (for example), this videos will still exist after the release. And because they're old they probably will have more views (at least at the beginning) than videos featured up-to-date gameplay, and will have lot of chance to be in the top of the Youtube searchs.

And that, Bulkhead can't do anything about it, except prevent the videos that featured alpha version of the game to be upload in the first place.

Sorry I misinterpret it ;) I thought that you ment AFTER alpha the all the posts will get spread out which is bad. 

After reading it again I notice you ment something different :) Completely agree with keeping it private and NDA

On 21/08/2017 at 1:21 AM, Dark said:

For your information Duh..ARK I have bought into the damn game and it looks like the devs like screwing around on when they will get to everyone.

I'm sorry if my comment went over your head.

Edited by insaneroy

7 minutes ago, insaneroy said:

I'm sorry if my comment went over your head.

So once again, what do you mean? I didn't get what you mean lol. 

Look I don't know how to explain it to you, but I bet you're wanting me to make a comment that belittles you so you can try to get me ban. I'll tell you what I don't want to talk to you about a topic that you did not have an answer for and i no longer want to talk to you. "Don't go away mad, just go away".

4 minutes ago, insaneroy said:

Look I don't know how to explain it to you, but I bet you're wanting me to make a comment that belittles you so you can try to get me ban. I'll tell you what I don't want to talk to you about a topic that you did not have an answer for and i no longer want to talk to you. "Don't go away mad, just go away".

Better stop taking the medication you're on bro... Doesn't seem to do good to your brain lol :D