Sign in to follow this  
-T1

Running - CoD vs CoD:UO

-T1    0

I was wondering if the developers ever question whether or not they should have running in the game.  When CoD:UO came out, not many people liked the running because it ruined the tactics of each map on S&D.  Times nade tricks were made obsolete because people could speed through the small maps and get to positions faster than before.  It would make the game slower, but more tactical and competitive.  I feel like running will increase incentives for SMGs instead of longer ranged machine guns/rifles.  Why pick a bolt if you can speed through can kill someone with a couple of shots while being hard to hit?

RevoluT.    13

Running is tricky, but since I haven't had the chance to play the game yet, I will hold my opinion on this one. Its all a matter of "how much":

1- Imagine normal speed is 100 and the running speed is 200, this would make running extremely powerful.

2- Normal speed 100 and running 110, this would actually be bad, since you cant shoot while sprinting.

So in the end, its a a matter of adjusting "how much" so we can have better balance. Also rifles can make use of running+jump+shoot, in COD2 this was used a lot(without the running of course).

In COD2 snipers were usually the key players in most strats(we only had 1 per team), the running could pose threat to use of snipers, since it would be very hard to hit smart opponents while running. I'm not sure, need to test it for myself to draw a conclusion.

chippy    73

Sprint is in the game, discussed in various topics and featured in almost every footage we've seen so far. :)

• Upvote 1

kMr    5
13 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

should be just like cod4 promod, that was perfection and should be built upon

Agree

• Upvote 2

onyx    2

I've seen that in Day of Defeat they handled running this way:
You can run, but have a limit. If you exceed it, you get punished by moving slower afterwards.
Players need to know how much they can run and can have strategy behind it.
Do I make several short burts? Do I push over the limit to reach a certain spot and take the punishment?

I think that's a great way to implement skill into it.

Edited by onyx