Sign in to follow this  
Dark

Battle Cry

In this post I'm going to talk about something small that I like the most on battlefield 1. Something that gives me time after time, more hype to play BF1.

Let's talk about the Battle Cry. The moment one objective is conquered and the team advances to the next objective everyone starts shouting, cheering and running towards the next objective. This moment just gives me goose bumps every single time ;).
Imagine this beeing in battalion 1944. Maybe at the start of a SnD match. The timer tickets down: 3, 2, 1 and GO! Everyone rushes, cheering for their country! Brave as we all are (since it's only a game haha) we face the battle! It's a small thing, but it would get me (and hopefully others) so much more hyped to start the match!

Check these videos below:

Edited by Dark
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dark said:

The timer tickets down: 3, 2, 1 and GO! Everyone rushes, cheering for their country! Brave as we all are (since it's only a game haha) we face the battle! It's a small thing, but it would get me (and hopefully others) so much more hyped to start the match!

Hmm.. Tough call. Would that battle cry be bound to the player? If in the start of a round a team decides to rush A and that battlecry stays with the players it's a dead giveaway for the defending team. If it's not bound to the player but rather an ambient noise bound to the spawn area then it could work.

My guess is that it would get tiresome quite fast. The rounds are, most likely, shorter which would result in that battlecry being played out much, much more frequently than in BF1. In that case I'd much more prefer a version closer to that of Day Of Infamy, where only the commander says a quick "let's go boys".

However having binds for it I wouldn't mind at all!

2 minutes ago, chippy said:

Hmm.. Tough call. Would that battle cry be bound to the player? If in the start of a round a team decides to rush A and that battlecry stays with the players it's a dead giveaway for the defending team. If it's not bound to the player but rather an ambient noise bound to the spawn area then it could work.

My guess is that it would get tiresome quite fast. The rounds are, most likely, shorter which would result in that battlecry being played out much, much more frequently than in BF1. In that case I'd much more prefer a version closer to that of Day Of Infamy, where only the commander says a quick "let's go boys".

However having binds for it I wouldn't mind at all!

Yeah just like in BF1 a bind where you say go go go and then it does one of the battle cries randomly. Or maybe bound to spawn at every start of the game? Or maybe at the end when a bomb explodes or when a team is eliminated a cry starts for the next round? idk :) plenty of options!

There has been a talk on this in the past.. Probably 1 cry per player per round

Edited by WeAsOne

It should be like a voice line in overwatch, would be fun to say something like I'm gonna kill that jerry!

11 minutes ago, Xtreem said:

It should be like a voice line in overwatch, would be fun to say something like I'm gonna kill that jerry!

Haha would be great :) Haven't played overwatch in a while, but indeed something like that. Something people can activate whenever they want and what might be turned off in settings?

1 minute ago, Dark said:

Haha would be great :) Haven't played overwatch in a while, but indeed something like that. Something people can activate whenever they want and what might be turned off in settings?

I'm just playing OW cause don't got anything else to play :'( A way to taunt people would be awesome, especially when you want to backstab him

1 hour ago, Xtreem said:

I'm just playing OW cause don't got anything else to play :'( A way to taunt people would be awesome, especially when you want to backstab him

Indeed haha, but this will anyway be end game add-ons :) 

Just came across this discussion, it's interesting to see people's opinions on the "Battle cry." And i would like to address my own opinion on this topic, I beleive a "battle cry" bound to player or an ambient sound. will affect the game tremendously in a negative way. A sound key triggered at any giving point during a round could be later used as a "strat" to players to disguise the bomb plant sound or throw of a player of to look in the direction of the sound while an apposing player shoots you in the back. As a experience Competitive FPS player i focus on sound keys to give information to my team like the sound of a player dropping, or throwing a nade, smoke or reloading for example. In summary this "war cry" could be manipulated in a way to throw of players of disguise other in-game sounds.59a8508b02a00_RyznSURREALSignature.thumb.jpg.49ffa168beafa53db08e2de0ee838006.jpg

On 31/08/2017 at 7:08 PM, Ryzn said:

Just came across this discussion, it's interesting to see people's opinions on the "Battle cry." And i would like to address my own opinion on this topic, I beleive a "battle cry" bound to player or an ambient sound. will affect the game tremendously in a negative way. A sound key triggered at any giving point during a round could be later used as a "strat" to players to disguise the bomb plant sound or throw of a player of to look in the direction of the sound while an apposing player shoots you in the back. As a experience Competitive FPS player i focus on sound keys to give information to my team like the sound of a player dropping, or throwing a nade, smoke or reloading for example. In summary this "war cry" could be manipulated in a way to throw of players of disguise other in-game sounds.59a8508b02a00_RyznSURREALSignature.thumb.jpg.49ffa168beafa53db08e2de0ee838006.jpg

I think battle cries would be sick at the start of the round, I also think that the voice commands in CS are really cool, as long as enemies can't hear them.

• Upvote 1

The MoHAA taunt system was really good, basicaly pressing V brought up a menu. Within the first menu you could chose what type of taunt you wanted to use, such as team commands, normal taunts, team taunts, etc. Then you had another menu opening with the taunt you'd be using. You can see the commands here: http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/MOHAA-GUIDE/Appendixes/Appendix 2 - List of in-game Taunts/mohaa voice taunts.txt

Here is a clip for all the German taunts with all the different models