Sign in to follow this  
RevoluT.

Battalion's community health

RevoluT.    15

Hello everyone, I joined the forum recently and don't know how it was in the past but I see very little activity on it both in the number of posts and views of th topics.

Is the game's community already fading away? A game that intends to be competitive needs a certain amount to not fall into oblivion.

Hope everything is ok.

Soldat Ryan    350

Everything is ok
The community is still here but with Alpha phase we have to talk in hidden part of the forum (reserved to the Alpha testers).

For all others discussions we are using public zone.

• Upvote 1

Jester    4

In addition to what was posted above, a lot of the posts in the past have been suggestions on how they think the game should be, now the game is more developed and we know the direction of the game, there is less to really have inputted, other than wanting a few things tweaked (which again will be in the alpha section of the forum).

If you aren't already, you should join the discord, it's fairly active and very healthy :)

• Upvote 1

RAFF    105

Can confirm what was said above.

On top of that, a lot of discussions take place in the private alpha discord.

• Upvote 1

RAFF    105
38 minutes ago, RevoluT. said:

Ah, I see.

Is there a way to join this Discord? I feel so left out hahaha... maybe I'm just too late =(

Do you have alpha access? If yes, contact @[CM] BigTuna and he'll invite you.

• Upvote 1

RevoluT.    15
17 minutes ago, RAFF said:

Do you have alpha access? If yes, contact @[CM] BigTuna and he'll invite you.

Unfortunately no... Is it known if they will reopen the possibility to acquire an Alpha Access?

RAFF    105
Just now, RevoluT. said:

Unfortunately no... Is it known if they will reopen the possibility to acquire an Alpha Access?

I wouldn't hold my breath for that. Your best hope will be that they might allow you to buy into beta.

• Upvote 1

BlueSmiley    68
1 minute ago, RevoluT. said:

Ouch... haha

No worries. I'm sure the alpha will be over in a few months. They're making great progress. ;) Anyway, welcome. Check Discord like the rest said. This community ain't dead! In fact... It's growing. ^^

• Upvote 1

RevoluT.    15
Just now, BlueSmiley said:

No worries. I'm sure the alpha will be over in a few months. They're making great progress. ;) Anyway, welcome. Check Discord like the rest said. This community ain't dead! In fact... It's growing. ^^

I sure hope so! Where can I find this Discord link?

BlueSmiley    68
1 minute ago, RevoluT. said:

I sure hope so! Where can I find this Discord link?

PM @[CM] BigTuna and he'll work this out for you! I tried inviting someone last week, but the link was expired, so I guess he'll have to invite you manually. 

• Upvote 1

RevoluT.    15
2 minutes ago, BlueSmiley said:

PM @[CM] BigTuna and he'll work this out for you! I tried inviting someone last week, but the link was expired, so I guess he'll have to invite you manually. 

Just did, thank you!

• Upvote 1

WeAsOne    226

The ACTIVE people are active on the "private Alpha forum" (like Ryan said).. no-one is fading away ;)

Edited by WeAsOne

Dark    52
19 hours ago, RevoluT. said:

Ouch... haha

Buying into alpha and Beta is probably a no go. As far I read trough the other posts, I think the earliest you can get your hands on the game will be with EA (early access) on steam.

[CM] BigTuna    564

Hey guys,

Thanks for the support and explanations of why our community seems chill atm ;)

You guys should be able to invite people to the normal discord channels, are you not able?

BlueSmiley    68
1 hour ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the support and explanations of why our community seems chill atm ;)

You guys should be able to invite people to the normal discord channels, are you not?

The guy I have send a link told me the link was expired. Did I use the wrong one? :P

Dark    52

Think you have to select: "never expire" 

Edited by Dark

Sl3ipner    0

As a PS the whole console part of the comm is sweet asleep, looking at a release no sooner than late 2018 (if I get it right). I understand the priorities, downside is of course that we will have to start from scratch when the time comes.

Zane    33

Lots of people are on vacation and there isn't really much to talk about

Masser    55
2 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

not gona lie showing some signs of life would be nice, pretty dead atm

I would imagine as Zane said most are on holiday, outside, or just waiting for more things to discuss.

HypeRNT    6
26 minutes ago, Masser said:

I would imagine as Zane said most are on holiday, outside, or just waiting for more things to discuss.

Yeah i mean its fine im not saying it has to be done now or every day, but something like crowfall has a monthly and weekly progression updates that they have been doing for a year now, small bits here and there for players to discuss about and keep occupied.

I haven't heard anything since the alpha 2.0  announcement and i know that nda prevents many discussions on these forums as well as discord, but small weekly  tidbits here and there would be nice.