LysoO    15

Low price doesn't mean there's gonna be lot of cheaters. Reason why csgo has lot of cheaters is, because it has old engine with bad functioning anti cheat. (also comunity is not good at all) Prime acc is also shit. Valve devs got a great idea with levels system (you can play competitive when you reach lvl 3 or 4) but they fuck up the idea. Look at league of legends ... you cant play ranked games until you reach lvl 30 - it takes about 120-180 games > 1 game = 35min > 150 games = 5 250mins => 87.5 hours > let's take 90 hours ... If you play 4 hours per day it takes 22.5 days to reach lvl 30 and play RANKED games. Imagine if this system will be applied to FPS game ... do you think cheaters want create hundreds accounts to cheat again and again if they have to spend 22.5 days leveling up to play another ranked game? Probably NOT.

Look at COD, it costs 60 euros because the put lot of staff into the game and thousands of hours were spend to develop it. (I know, devs fuck up everything) BUT produce game like this costs 100x or even 10000x more than indie gamse (huge dev team, investors, advertisement... etc.) and Bat44 is kind of indie game.

IMHO bat44 should costs 10-15 euros , cause small dev team + micro transaction (every one be able to support devs and game buying skins and other cosmetics staff) => low price does mean huge community -> popularity .... popularity -> event sponsoring -> eSport growing

Edited by LysoO

DarkMortyr    79

14 minutes ago, LysoO said:

Look at COD, it costs 60 euros because the put lot of staff into the game and thousands of hours were spend to develop it.

Ye? So why it does feel like they took their last game and applied a different texture on it with their each "new" game? Their 4-5h campaign is WAY too short to justify the price and MP is really just a reskin. 

Also microtransactions are really not a reason to have a low price. Most online games these days have some sort of microtransactions.

Edited by DarkMortyr

WeAsOne    220
9 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

Ye? So why it does feel like they took their last game and applied a different texture on it with their each "new" game? Their 4-5h campaign is WAY too short to justify the price and MP is really just a reskin. 

Also microtransactions are really not a reason to have a low price. Most online games these days have some sort of microtransactions.

fully true!

RevoluT.    13

Well, take how much most AAA titles charge, now consider how much they cost to make.

With this info you apply the same proportion to a game like Battalion with a small dev team. Plus you need to consider that being a small studio may cost less but also has less popularity.

However, a platform like steam gives any game the range they need to be worldwide purchased.

Another thing, that could be used as a strat, is to organize the community to buy the game on the same day/week to be able to climb on the steam ladder of most purchased games.

skitelo    52

IMO 20-30 euro is a decent price as long as you roll some "free weekends" after release so people can get familiar with the game. We know the game will be good cause we test it and provide feedback, but there're still many people out there, who think it's just "shitty cod reskin".

Edited by skitelo

Masser    52
18 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

i mean if people are willing to buy multiple games then a $50 price tag is nothing special.. i mean its an expected price for a ps4 game these days.. Obv as a customer i would love to pay as little as i can, but just speaking in general terms, if someone told me the price tag was $50, i would say, ok cool, and im sure it will be under that im just trying to emphasize the normality of that price tag.

As for titalfall, i think the price tag made perfect sense, like you said its a AAA fps game, i think people are just not as excited about modern warfare type combat as well as like you said it came into competition with cod and bf which is basically suicide for any other franchise to launch an fps game with in that time frame.

Overall, personally myself i am not worried about the price tag at all, i would predict that it will be at $29.99, regardless, im a competitive player and all i really are about is how polished the game is for an Esport, id pay a lot more then $50 for a game like that, but thats just me.

$50 in pounds would be what, £30-£40 on somewhere like steam, and I know I would feel a bit turned off from it. I ain't rich, as a matter of fact I'm still part way through getting my PC after 4-5 months of saving to get the motherboard, CPU, RAM and a new case. A new game being good doesn't by itself bring new players in droves, it's it being accessible and/or fun. Accessibility includes it's price not being too high, so that most people can afford it as well as being able to get into it and have fun at whatever level you want to play. I have a bit of a small experience in competitive anything, but what I have is in Insurgency, and that has a small price barrier of £7, but then the skills required to be able to play and the need to develop those skills normally turned people off and so went nowhere as a competitive game however fun it was. As long as those two are balanced and people can enter and be retained and stay for a while then the game will do fine :)

• Upvote 1

HypeRNT    3
39 minutes ago, Masser said:

$50 in pounds would be what, £30-£40 on somewhere like steam, and I know I would feel a bit turned off from it. I ain't rich, as a matter of fact I'm still part way through getting my PC after 4-5 months of saving to get the motherboard, CPU, RAM and a new case. A new game being good doesn't by itself bring new players in droves, it's it being accessible and/or fun. Accessibility includes it's price not being too high, so that most people can afford it as well as being able to get into it and have fun at whatever level you want to play. I have a bit of a small experience in competitive anything, but what I have is in Insurgency, and that has a small price barrier of £7, but then the skills required to be able to play and the need to develop those skills normally turned people off and so went nowhere as a competitive game however fun it was. As long as those two are balanced and people can enter and be retained and stay for a while then the game will do fine :)

I mean $50 can be a turn off for a game like this, but hell,  counter strike series was always cheap, and as ive stated i think its going to be $19.99 or $29.99, im just simply saying what i would pay for a game that will support dedi servers/mod tools/PC community, because there are very few out there, those features to me are priceless these days. These days  mobile games come at a decent cost as well, or filled with micro transactions which these days its pretty common and almost expected, hell i actually think they help most games secure budget for further content(look at pubg with their new cases/items to support the lan in Germany).

Overall what will define this game is if its going to be regarded as an esports game, otherwise there are plenty games out there with a story mode, better graphics and a ton of fluff, but no competitive scene, people dont play csgo for graphics or story mode, simply because its a competition based game and thats what im hoping battalion will be, a high skill shooter with great support and hopefully lot of communications with leagues will help it grow its Esports base. Im sure the price will make a lot of people happy.

Edited by HypeRNT

ViPeR    0

Pricing it between 20-30 US on steam EA is probably a good move. I see so many new game priced 50-60 and I just ignore them. Especially with the Aussie dollar conversion rate, 50-60US is a ripoff for most games now days. 

Farq-S    371

lawbreakers released yesterday for $29.99 and has a lot of similarities with Bat44.

-FPS -multiplayer only -UE4 -dedi servers -competitive -new IP -loot boxes

no complaining voices at that price but that game had no early access. maybe that needs to be factored into the price at EA. 

Connard    12

40€, or more, is way too expensive for a multiplayer game that has no established fan base (or a very large marketing budget).
20~25€ seems
a good compromise between  being attractive to new players, and being a barrier to cheaters.