Sign in to follow this  
Farq-S

Lawbreakers Open PC Beta 30-Jun-17

Farq-S    378

Lawbreakers is shaping up to be a nice surprise for 2017. if you haven't already heard about this game all you need to know is its being developed by Cliff Blezinski.

• Upvote 2

Jeebs    11

Aye seen this a while ago looks very insteresting, Not a big fan of moba style gameplay in FPS games though this still looks like alot of FUN, i'll be giving it a go :ph34r:

Farq-S    378

just played PS4 closed beta of Lawbreakers.

all i would say is the console version needs a lot of work. it doesn't feel horrible, everything just feels too light like there's no weight or momentum behind anything.  

HypeRNT    6

I dont know why, but looking at that video it feels like overwatch clone, maybe its because im not educated on this game since i haven't played it, but if you would put up 2 game plays side by side, they look very similar.

DarkMortyr    83

They might look similar, but they are completely different. I played Lawbreakers for some time and it's nothing like Overwatch, not anywhere close to that. 

As for gameplay. Idk. People say, it's a harder version of OW with higher skillcap. But I actually don't think that it's as hard as everyone claims. For me, it was very easy to get into it and I didn't have any issues. Maybe I am just used to fast paced games from Quake. Dunno. OW felt much harder at the beginning for me. Some "heroes" are op, some feel useless. 

In terms of fun. I didn't enjoy the game very much. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not exciting for me either. I could crush whole enemy team, but I didn't feel a joy while doing that, so it's clearly not for me. I am also not sure how fun is this game for a spectators. 

Freakshow    176

Depends, were you playing Wraith all the time? :D. So broken!

Aside from that it was fun. The movement and mechanics do have a higher skill ceiling compared to OW, IMO.

I do feel it's been quite hard to judge how fun it is until Wraith is sorted out. There's balance and there is that level of broken. What's the point of giving all other characters resource for their movement which requires forethought before you burn through all of it....then just allowing Wraith a huge lunging stab that does so much damage with zero cooldown + a short cooldown massive slide meaning he has a massive advantage when it comes to movement? It didn't ruin the game, as I assume he will get adjusted accordingly but it did get a tad boring seeing 3+of him on each team.

Might buy it and put some out into it but it definitely won't be one of those games I sink 1,000 hours into, which is totally fine. Enjoyed Vanguard, Assassin and Battle medic the most.

DarkMortyr    83

Played them all but Wraith + Assassin mostly. haha I like high mobility.

Edited by DarkMortyr