rit

Update the textures

Hi,

Please may the dev's update the textures to make them look more colorful?.

I compared the grass on cod2 compared to battalion 1944 and in cod2 the grass for example is way more colorful. This is the same with all the textures.

Here are screenshots to compare what I mean:

As you can see in CoD2 its way more colorful.

LOwfaFq.jpg

ky8wjF4.jpg

colour intensity is not an issue. contrast and brightness is more important to gameplay. as DarkMortyr says technical issues come first. also the devs intentionally turned down the graphics and textures in the alpha in order to optimize performance. they've been saying that as far back as EGX.

Texture quality does not effect FPS. In most games you can set the textures to low - ultra and there's 0-3 fps difference.

15 minutes ago, grimeyy11 said:

Texture quality doesn't affect FPS ? Nice one bro.

Texture quality's performance impact is negligible, it's mostly impact the VRAM you need, and loading time.

Edited by Connard

i'm not technical in any way. that's what i was told so who am i to argue. it's possible i mistook being told graphics and textures weren't worked on so they could optimize performance. either way, i was told it was a conscious decision to optimize performance over graphics and textures. 

Edited by Farq-S

Developers stated many times that they are working on animations right now. So I guess, texture quality might come sometime after that. 

Battalion 1944 looks more like this: (CoD1)...... focus on making the game look like cod2 please. and its because of the textures color.
VkZlssg.jpg

Edited by rit

@rit

Please stop posting one exact thing over and over again. It's just alpha, there're more important things to do than colors atm. Nevertheless, devs stated, that we'll be able to customize colors in settings (like cod4's filmtweaks) so if they're too bland for you, you can always adjust them for your liking. What's more, you can make use of nvidia's digital vibrance.

Example:

final.jpg

AMD cards have such option as well.

Edited by skitelo
  • Upvote 2

On 2017-6-17 at 1:33 PM, grimeyy11 said:

Texture quality doesn't affect FPS ? Nice one bro.

He's KIND OF right, it doesn't if the game forces players to load all textures first (downside long load times) if the game has texture streaming (which most do) then it loads them on the fly (downside, fps lag when loading textures bigger than VRAM or using too much VRAM)

Also; I don't really care about this thread because players can customise their colors in Battalion anyway. Your mistake is thinking old school is having bright colors, when actually old school is allowing players to control their colors as long as there are no game play advantages and its purely personal preference. 

Joe

Edited by [DEV] BRAMMERTRON
  • Upvote 7

If the game is being made in unreal 4 then it will surely look pretty awesome when its finished. But yeah as long the playability of the game is bang on and tight as then I'm sure we will live. Just make it better than cs please.

• Upvote 1