Jump to content
HypeRNT

Ex cod2/cod4 player, things that need to improve

Recommended Posts

HypeRNT    6

So right of the bat just watching recently posted videos(i wish i had an alpha key) i have some concerns or at least things that are off putting.

1) The sprinting seems super fast, i dont know if its the camera or what but it seems very very fast.

2) The jumping seems super fast/far, it feels like you are playing cod spacewarfare with jet packs or playing quake and u just jumped of a turbo pad, not sure if 1&2 are related but it looks that way from players perspective.

3) The recoil from almost all the automatic weapons(the mp40 and the thompson) seem to have almost no recoil pattern at all. I can see a tad bit of movement, but the bullet pattern is just shooting straight, if you look at cod2, those guys had major recoil problems and where only used at close range and in skilled hands at medium range.

4) Is it HP or DMG thats messed up i cant tell, but basically every rifle hit with a kar is a 1 shot kill, there needs to be a chance for counter play, like a 1 shot kill should be neck and above, or high chest area.

5) everything seems to be shooting too fast. I saw someone use a german pistol luger, and it like shot its entire clip in like 1 second, same way with all the automatics, i dont like that they are all laserguns due to low recoil with super fast rate of fire.

Now, with all this said, of course i know that this game is still being worked on and tweaked on a daily basis, im just trying to make sure that these valid concerns(my opinion) get some notice or at least have a discussion because i feel like this game has huge potential and these issues are all pretty major, especially for competition.

This was the video that i watched and felt like these issues showed themselves pretty clearly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    378

hey @HypeRNT, 2 things you should understand about your post.

1. you're points are 3 months out-of-date. every single one of your points was discussed and covered extensively in these forums so use the search tool.

2. don't expect a response anytime soon because anyone whose actually played in the closed alpha is under NDA so won't discuss it in the public forums and, until you've actually played it you can't judge the game just by watching gameplay. i know because i've played it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zero_1    4

Lol, after reading title and post is so "misleading".
Also, its like talking into the past. As @Farq-S said. Don't expect any answers as its all under NDA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HypeRNT    6

lol thx for the prototypical wanabemod answers, im not about to search for 10 different threads covering all my concerns especially in this dead forum. its not like im asking for a sneak peak into new updates that are under nda, these are simple, but important things that you can notice from their most recent video, so however many months its out of date is their own fault for releasing it looking like that.

and i really do hope that all of my points have been covered extensively because its pretty bad and im not sure why we haven't seen an updated video with these so called "points covered" if its already 3 months behind yet we still getting old videos with these things not fixed or looked into, just a strange way to market yourself with old footage when as you say new build is long in development already.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skitelo    52

Forum is not dead. It's sleeping atm. We had hot discussions in closed alpha section after May 26th and provided devs some feedback. Now waiting for changes in alpha 0.2.

You probably won't see any videos with "points covered" as well. As devs stated, alpha is not a marketing tool for them. 

PS. I don't really understand your concerns about jumping. You played cod4 and it was pretty similar in promod. Unless you've played some shitty vanila servers.

Edited by skitelo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    378
1 hour ago, HypeRNT said:

lol thx for the prototypical wanabemod answers, im not about to search for 10 different threads covering all my concerns especially in this dead forum. its not like im asking for a sneak peak into new updates that are under nda, these are simple, but important things that you can notice from their most recent video, so however many months its out of date is their own fault for releasing it looking like that.

and i really do hope that all of my points have been covered extensively because its pretty bad and im not sure why we haven't seen an updated video with these so called "points covered" if its already 3 months behind yet we still getting old videos with these things not fixed or looked into, just a strange way to market yourself with old footage when as you say new build is long in development already.

 

 

haha, if you think this is a dead forum then why did you post in the first place? from your response to my post i won't waste my time responding to your posts in future.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HypeRNT    6
16 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

haha, if you think this is a dead forum then why did you post in the first place? from your response to my post i won't waste my time responding to your posts in future.

thats great, will give a chance for other wanabe mods to respond something along the lines of "GOOGLE IT FIRST", at least now you will have more time in your other endeavors

45 minutes ago, skitelo said:

I don't really understand you concerns about jumping. You played cod4 and it was pretty similar in promod. Unless you've played some shitty vanila servers.

The jumping seems too fast.. much faster then cod4 or cod2, like i said it could just look that way because of the movement speed combined with sprint or just the way the camera is positioned.

And yes ive played in every cod4 competitive league in the game, so anyone who has participated in cod4 before it died will know my username, and no i was not part of shitty vanila servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkMortyr    83

You could call that video a "work in progress". Not a single thing is supposed to be 100% finished in closed alpha and that's also the reason why we had closed alpha testing not that long time ago. Developers already know all the things that you mentioned, they just had to make sure and confirm with us that they are on the right path. As you mentioned your CoD4 experience, you should know, that we have enough CoD4 promod veterans involved in the alpha testing. I myself used to play CoD4 promod for several years and it's the best fps game I've ever played to this very day. So I wouldn't worry about Battalion going in the wrong direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jhnwyn    32
16 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

So right of the bat just watching recently posted videos(i wish i had an alpha key) i have some concerns or at least things that are off putting.

(yea you dont have an alpha key, so maybe you should wait till the game comes available to you, then you can have your concerns)

1) The sprinting seems super fast, i dont know if its the camera or what but it seems very very fast.

(you cant play the game, you cant judge the speed of it. but yes, its kinda fast and broken, but thats what the devs said before)

2) The jumping seems super fast/far, it feels like you are playing cod spacewarfare with jet packs or playing quake and u just jumped of a turbo pad, not sure if 1&2 are related but it looks that way from players perspective.

(same as above)

3) The recoil from almost all the automatic weapons(the mp40 and the thompson) seem to have almost no recoil pattern at all. I can see a tad bit of movement, but the bullet pattern is just shooting straight, if you look at cod2, those guys had major recoil problems and where only used at close range and in skilled hands at medium range.

(the weapons arent finished either)

4) Is it HP or DMG thats messed up i cant tell, but basically every rifle hit with a kar is a 1 shot kill, there needs to be a chance for counter play, like a 1 shot kill should be neck and above, or high chest area.

(i dont know if you are too young and havent played cod1/2, but the kar98 or other rifles like the russian rifle or lee enfield, are supposed to one shot at the upper body or head. legs dont one shot)

5) everything seems to be shooting too fast. I saw someone use a german pistol luger, and it like shot its entire clip in like 1 second, same way with all the automatics, i dont like that they are all laserguns due to low recoil with super fast rate of fire.

(this alpha was about the movement and feel of the game, weapon progression comes later. what do you expect when there was only like 6 weapons available)

Now, with all this said, of course i know that this game is still being worked on and tweaked on a daily basis, im just trying to make sure that these valid concerns(my opinion) get some notice or at least have a discussion because i feel like this game has huge potential and these issues are all pretty major, especially for competition.

(and yes, everything is beeing discussed at the alpha forum. but its sleeping now until we can play again in mid july)

 

 

Edited by Jhnwyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HypeRNT    6
4 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

You could call that video a "work in progress". Not a single thing is supposed to be 100% finished in closed alpha and that's also the reason why we had closed alpha testing not that long time ago. Developers already know all the things that you mentioned, they just had to make sure and confirm with us that they are on the right path. As you mentioned your CoD4 experience, you should know, that we have enough CoD4 promod veterans involved in the alpha testing. I myself used to play CoD4 promod for several years and it's the best fps game I've ever played to this very day. So I wouldn't worry about Battalion going in the wrong direction. 

i hope so, cuz some of these people posting in the thread saying "you dont have the game so you cant tell this or that" make me laugh, you dont need to play the game to see that it has no recoil or that you either dont have enough hp or the guns are doing too much dmg. I would love to know who the cod4 players are since i pretty much know every single one who was relevant or at least was a cevo p caliber player.

I think people who like this game get very defensive when someone makes a thread like this, even though i put in here that i love the game and will be buying it(for some reason it cant be purchased right now) but they get very emotional and say stupid things like "i heard this before so search this forum first".

Overall its a game that i already have heard 100s of old cod2/cod4 guys will be jumping into it when its more accessible. This game talks about not being a simulation shooter but a old school competition base game, and for competition to not only happen but thrive you need to make sure things are balanced, thats all this thread was supposed to be, im not on the alpha forum so obv i dont know how far into fixing these issues they are.

Im very excited for this game(if done right) and cant wait to throw my money at it, but gotta wait i guess since u cant pre purchase it or support it currently.

Edited by HypeRNT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WeAsOne    226

Damn why did I vote for removing the downvote button xD Could really use it in this thread..

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HypeRNT    6

i heard call of duty star wars forums has downvote, they could use u, this game probably will be too hard for you anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masser    55
2 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

i hope so, cuz some of these people posting in the thread saying "you dont have the game so you cant tell this or that" make me laugh, you dont need to play the game to see that it has no recoil or that you either dont have enough hp or the guns are doing too much dmg. I would love to know who the cod4 players are since i pretty much know every single one who was relevant or at least was a cevo p caliber player.

I think people who like this game get very defensive when someone makes a thread like this, even though i put in here that i love the game and will be buying it(for some reason it cant be purchased right now) but they get very emotional and say stupid things like "i heard this before so search this forum first".

Overall its a game that i already have heard 100s of old cod2/cod4 guys will be jumping into it when its more accessible. This game talks about not being a simulation shooter but a old school competition base game, and for competition to not only happen but thrive you need to make sure things are balanced, thats all this thread was supposed to be, im not on the alpha forum so obv i dont know how far into fixing these issues they are.

Im very excited for this game(if done right) and cant wait to throw my money at it, but gotta wait i guess since u cant pre purchase it or support it currently.

Phantasy, ono, hiffer, davys, supreme, FrosteR, Knaller, chippy to name a few. The reason you cant buy it, is so that the devs can limit the numbers. They don't want 30000 alpha testers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HypeRNT    6
1 hour ago, Masser said:

Phantasy, ono, hiffer, davys, supreme, FrosteR, Knaller, chippy to name a few. The reason you cant buy it, is so that the devs can limit the numbers. They don't want 30000 alpha testers

Nice, but damn thats a lot of europe guys, who are the NA testers lol. But about having too many testers, i mean money is money, if people want to spend it on your game, you should let them before they spend it on other billion games that will come out and they will save it for, as well as not have to include them into the alpha and just let them support the game.

2 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

You know you make no sense.. troll xD

You are full of disrespect..

Right, cuz your post was so constructive, dont try to troll if u cant handle it :)

Edited by HypeRNT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WeAsOne    226
7 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

Nice, but damn thats a lot of europe guys, who are the NA testers lol. But about having too many testers, i mean money is money, if people want to spend it on your game, you should let them before they spend it on other billion games that will come out and they will save it for, as well as not have to include them into the alpha and just let them support the game.

Right, cuz your post was so constructive, dont try to troll if u cant handle it :)

The testers are the people who did put their trust and money into the game when there was no proof this game was going to be great.. the only thing we knew was what the devs told us..

So we trusted them and backed the game.. in trade of that we are the testers now! Fair enough..

And this game is the one MANY people are waiting for for years so they will buy it.. doesn't matter a billion other games are releasing!

And about the trolling.. people that are very helpful on the forum need to point out to search before posting.. it's a forum rule.. not nice if you call them wannabe mods.. the forum is flooded with the same questions every week.. 

Edit: If you want to put all your money in the game: possible when the game is released! 

Edited by WeAsOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jhnwyn    32
11 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

i hope so, cuz some of these people posting in the thread saying "you dont have the game so you cant tell this or that" make me laugh, you dont need to play the game to see that it has no recoil or that you either dont have enough hp or the guns are doing too much dmg. I would love to know who the cod4 players are since i pretty much know every single one who was relevant or at least was a cevo p caliber player.

I think people who like this game get very defensive when someone makes a thread like this, even though i put in here that i love the game and will be buying it(for some reason it cant be purchased right now) but they get very emotional and say stupid things like "i heard this before so search this forum first".

Overall its a game that i already have heard 100s of old cod2/cod4 guys will be jumping into it when its more accessible. This game talks about not being a simulation shooter but a old school competition base game, and for competition to not only happen but thrive you need to make sure things are balanced, thats all this thread was supposed to be, im not on the alpha forum so obv i dont know how far into fixing these issues they are.

Im very excited for this game(if done right) and cant wait to throw my money at it, but gotta wait i guess since u cant pre purchase it or support it currently.

wow dude you are the ultimate troll
you never played the game and judge about it, like you coded it. people who actually played the game, already answered your questions and you keep whining and talk about stuff that make no sense at all.
for someone who acts like "you dont give a shit about it", you get really upset xD

i wonder why the Dev team didnt ask you for their permission -_-

why dont you just relax and wait till the game comes available to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zero_1    4

The overall conclusion is "THIS KID is raging because he has no key to play, and have 0 patience at most". 
Definite in need of a down-vote/dislike/retard alert/ button. 
 

I can go on for ages but there is time to realize you can't fix a broken mind like your's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeebs    11

Wow this dude had some condescending replys to his post and even though i don't agree with his replys i understand them, and everyone jumping on him is just bad for any community, Ya'll need to chillax!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HypeRNT    6
1 hour ago, Jeebs said:

Wow this dude had some condescending replys to his post and even though i don't agree with his replys i understand them, and everyone jumping on him is just bad for any community, Ya'll need to chillax!

lmao i know right, and they expect like im gona sit there and take it even though 99% of these kids replies have been 100% trolling and insults, yet for some reason im butthurt lmao... I started this thread stating my concerns, which where agreed that they are legit and have been worked on(great whats wrong with that?) and wanting to support this game because i think its going to be really good if done correctly, but a few wanabe mods turned this into a flame war when there was no hostility whats so ever. Im laughing at these kids who are going to quit this game when they get beat up and QQ few days later cuz they are used to call of duty spacewars on consoles.

Edited by HypeRNT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jhnwyn    32

lol, i wasnt the one, whining about the rifle being op with the one shot xD but ok kiddo, i dont care what you say or what your concerns are. i quoted everything and didnt flamed at all. but im done here, have fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HypeRNT    6

i didn't know that suggesting that a rifle should not be a 1 shot kill unless its neck up so that it creates counter play should be called "whining", but you obviously are inexperienced and confused on the issue and just want conflict, which im more then happy to provide

 

Edited by HypeRNT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WeAsOne    226

A rifle should be a 1 shot kill (upper-chest and head)

On 15-6-2017 at 5:16 PM, HypeRNT said:

wanabemod

 

On 16-6-2017 at 0:32 AM, HypeRNT said:

this game probably will be too hard for you anyways.

 

21 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

dont try to troll if u cant handle it

 

17 minutes ago, HypeRNT said:

but you obviously are inexperienced and confused on the issue and just want conflict, which im more then happy to provide

We are just wannabe mods and we can't handle the game and we are trying to troll but we can't and we are inexperienced and confused and want conflicts...

That is what you want to say right.... sleep well

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HypeRNT    6

im glad someone gets it, i guess one can only give him so many hints before it finally sinks in, i was in the process of drawing a picture but im glad you got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×