WeAsOne

E3 Battalion

Interview at the Alienware E3 Event: Battalion 1944

(Battalion begins at 5:51:20)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151432516

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all.... Spotted the first footage of an in-game scope...?

Watch this:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/12/alienware-gaming-monitors/

(its at the video on top (video is about the gaming monitors)

Battalion scope.png

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 4

For the love of god let the scope be customizable.. 

speed-wise I think it looks okay so far

2 hours ago, RAFF said:

For the love of god let the scope be customizable.. 

speed-wise I think it looks okay so far

In what way? The reticle is always going to match that which was actually used with the gun. That's a standard Kar98k scope, with some slight adjustments for visibility.

Is that not what you expected for a Kar98k? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Freakshow said:

In what way? The reticle is always going to match that which was actually used with the gun. That's a standard Kar98k scope, with some slight adjustments for visibility.

Is that not what you expected for a Kar98k? Just curious.

I`m honestly not that familiar with the WW2 setting, but I would really like  to be able to change the crosshair to something similar to CS:GO's AWP/ Scout or promod's scope.

Edited by RAFF
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RAFF said:

I`m honestly not that familiar with the WW2 setting, but I would really like  to be able to change the crosshair to something similar to CS:GO's AWP/ Scout or promod's scope.

Just no

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, simaEL said:

Just no

What exactly do you have against me being able to customize my crosshair the way I want to?

4 hours ago, RAFF said:

What exactly do you have against me being able to customize my crosshair the way I want to?

You'd be ruining the authenticity of the game.

22 hours ago, YellowDave said:

You'd be ruining the authenticity of the game.

I`d be ruining it FOR ME.

It's all about personal preference and I don't see why it wouldn't be customizable.

24 minutes ago, sumacz said:

@Freakshow thanks ! btw. For sure these weapons will be in Alpha 0.2, i wonder if will we get other maps or just new weapons + fixed previous bugs ? 

I think just weapons + bug fixes. I don't think they even completed other maps completely.

5 minutes ago, ToRRent said:

I think just weapons + bug fixes. I don't think they even completed other maps completely.

It's not because a map don't have all the fancy texture and props, that you can't test the layout of the map. The alpha is made for that, to test unfinished things ^^

On 6/15/2017 at 11:35 PM, Jhnwyn said:

i hope it stays the way it is, i loved the kar98 scope from cod2

Me too. I don't see why Battalion should have customization stuff like many other shooter games. It wont stand out... I really wish that every side gets what it gets and there could be no changes... I am a die hard Call of duty 1-2 fan and it was always fun when both sides got their own weapons from WW2 and the only way to obtain enemy weapon was after you killed him and took it from him. Class creation ability ruined cod5 (just for me, don't get offended or anything). Because how in the world a Japanese soldier can spawn with Russian weapon?

I think there are way too many games that have customization, or even better class creation, ability... It is just too boring already... CoD, Coduo and Cod2 were best because you had to be skilled with different weapons for each side instead of having same one weapon on any nation you play with. There were no problems back then... You wouldn't be spending time creating your classes. Just jump right in and play with whatever it gives.

P.S. Great stuff about E3. A lot of information was lurking in the background.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Andrey2dashes said:

Me too. I don't see why Battalion should have customization stuff like many other shooter games. It wont stand out... I really wish that every side gets what it gets and there could be no changes... I am a die hard Call of duty 1-2 fan and it was always fun when both sides got their own weapons from WW2 and the only way to obtain enemy weapon was after you killed him and took it from him. Class creation ability ruined cod5 (just for me, don't get offended or anything). Because how in the world a Japanese soldier can spawn with Russian weapon?

I think there are way too many games that have customization, or even better class creation, ability... It is just too boring already... CoD, Coduo and Cod2 were best because you had to be skilled with different weapons for each side instead of having same one weapon on any nation you play with. There were no problems back then... You wouldn't be spending time creating your classes. Just jump right in and play with whatever it gives.

P.S. Great stuff about E3. A lot of information was lurking in the background.

yea and some people complain about the game wont be competitiv because this or that is over powered... i mean, you will always play both sides in a match right?

On 6/19/2017 at 0:44 AM, Jhnwyn said:

yea and some people complain about the game wont be competitiv because this or that is over powered... i mean, you will always play both sides in a match right?

That's why I love Call of Duty 1, uo, 2. In order to play further in the match (pcw, cm, mix etc) you had to play with both Allies and Axis. When you come to conclusion that "we lost only because weapons for Axis are way better then for Allies". Ok, just wait until you get to switch sides and try those "better" weapons. I don't think it will make any difference if you don't know how to use them :). During that time I never heard any complaints about weapons for any nation. Everyone just sat down and played with what that side had to offer. I find it way more interesting because as I already mentioned before you had to master different weapons from each nation instead of 1-2 weapons through entire game. For example back in Cod WaW I used to see people running around with only ppsh or stg44 all the time... No matter what side they were on. How is that interesting?

I don't think earlier Call of Duties had this overpower problem for weapons.. In my opinion every single weapon was optimized to perfection. Sure all them had their flaws and all but every single weapon in was deadly if you knew how to use it and aim with it properly.

• Upvote 4

Having side based guns does not make it ok if they are OP, especially for E sports competition.  Like how promod basically only had ak/74u, nothing else was really viable. As long as there arent any no recoil laser cannons like in current cod series even the ww2 one thats coming up, where things just constantly 2 hitting people from across the map this game should be more then fine.