Sign in to follow this  
rit

graphics/maps (not too dark/grey)

rit    0

Hey all,

Looking at days of war, it looked good, so I purchased a copy and while playing it, its total useless.

days of war maps are all dark and grey. please battalion 1944 dev's, don't make the design/art look like days of war. in days of war it was all too dark and grey.

please listen to us !!!1

• Upvote 1

Yeh, we said this to Days of War very early on and commented on this, we (I) just got abuse for it... We know what we're doing with this stuff ;) 

However; you can change the brightness and gamma of shadows specifically yourself. We give you the control ;) 

Switz    47

If there is one area DOW does well it is their maps (granted they may have had a "head start" on some of them if you know what I mean haha).  But I prefer the dark and gloomy.  Especially if the gameplay can match it.  Take DOI for example.  Grungy style with gore galore.  It works and feels right.  

So really when it comes to maps....how the game plays also contributes to it's overall impact if you really want to dissect what is perfect for that specific game.  

DOW was too arcade (even before they completely mutilated it) for the level of realism their maps (most of their maps) had.  Now they are stuck with a stock set that clashes with achother.  You have half that are realistic and half that are arena shooters with lighter lighting and bright colors all over the place.