Sign in to follow this  
nooblet

old school mode

nooblet    0

i think it would be cool if they brought back this game mode for custom games in battalion from cod 4. it was a mode to try and make cod 4 like a more old school arena type game. it had increased health, high jump, and weapons on the map instead of classes. i think it can be took a step further and having increased accuracy without having to use iron sights, faster run speed without sprint, and bunny hopping. i know a lot of people dont care about old school mode but some people actually thought it was fun.

DarkMortyr    83

They would have to completely rework the game and it would also take a lot of time. I don't think we need another Quake and for developers to focus on things that would force them to change the game to this extent. They need to focus on a core gameplay and balance the game around it. Sure, I would like to see some other game modes but they shouldn't be this extreme. They should work on something with the same core mechanics and with some other features on top of that or just a slightly changed and maybe with a different objective.

This game will be focused on a competitive scene and that alone takes a huge amount of time. So spending a lot of time on things for just a small percentage of playerbase is really not a way to go. Who knows, maybe sometime in the distant future if they hire some more people to their dev team to create a game modes that require more work. But it seems higly unnecessary to me. 

I would leave game modes that require this much work to community. After all as I more than once said, there are tons of game modes that could be in the game, but one developer team can do only so much. I am not against game modes at all but we need to think a bit more realistically. Let's let them create an amazing game, add some nice but simple modes, balance the game around it, add more content / features for that and all that while focusing on competitive scene. And if they allow us, community can do the rest.

Edited by DarkMortyr

Jeebs    11

Quake champions will be out soon, if you like these types of games take a look into it :-) it's looking pretty awesome so far :ph34r: