bashy

Hosting Battalion 1944 game servers for free

Hi,

I'm an alpha backer and I'm looking at hosting free Battalion game servers for people over at [FSHOST - https://fshost.me] when it's available.

I was wondering if this is OK to do so or if there were any restrictions on hosts?

If all goes well, I'm also looking for potential partners on the server side to help with possible large demand on release. There's already 5,000 unique gamers getting servers per month on the site at the moment.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, bashy said:

I was wondering if this is OK to do so or if there were any restrictions on hosts?

I'm sure that one of the Devteam can help you with that question, Bashy. Also, welcome to the forums :) .

On 09/06/2017 at 10:16 PM, RAFF said:

I've used your fshost aswell and it was extremely good!

Ah, thanks for the kind words!

• Upvote 1

Welcome aboard bashy! Bulkhead already said Battalion 1944 will come with server files so you will be able to run what ever server you want on your own box. Only restriction as I have noticed they will not be ranked. But the devs can confirm this better then me :) :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bashy said:

@Razor Yeah looks fine to me too. I'll go ahead with the plans then!

Would be good to know the HW and INET requirements for single server :-)

On 15/06/2017 at 8:11 AM, suNNN said:

Would be good to know the HW and INET requirements for single server :-)

They probably don't know fully yet but guessing 100-500MB depending on how many players and actions happening. Bandwidth is probably similar to other games (few KB per player).

Would be nice to see free servers for Battalion on fshost. It's a great place to go and rent a server for free when you need one for a scrim/pcw or just a mess around. This idea would be good especially if there will be a more hardcore competitive platform beyond the ingame MM, think faceit in csgo. 

I would love this. As my only experience in competitive anything has been with Insurgency (not very competitive relative to CoD4, CS ect xD) finding a private server to mess around on was stupidly hard.

20 minutes ago, Masser said:

I would love this. As my only experience in competitive anything has been with Insurgency (not very competitive relative to CoD4, CS ect xD) finding a private server to mess around on was stupidly hard.

Yeah, definitely! Waiting on release now :)

• Upvote 1

You know if the Linux files will be available at the release? Or only those for Windows

Edited by Clem'

We know nothing at all Clem, :) gonna be waiting until the beta or later to hear more