Connard

Opinions of a former CoD4 Promod player

CoD4 Promod is by far the best FPS I've ever played, but it still had some flaws. Here are some of the bigger ones that should be avoided on B1944, in my opinion.

- The grenade spam at the beginning of each roundwas was a pain in the a**. The grenade throw should be shorter, and the deadly range (when players are full HP) of the explosion too.

- The HP regen was too fast. It should be slowed down (or replaced by a med kit system ? I have never been a fan of automatic life regen).

- The hitmarker when touching an enemy through a smoke.

- Red dots on the radar when enemies fire. CS GO system is better, the red dots are visible when enemis are in our field of view, or in that of an ally.

- Players died too quickly on cod4. The balance was better on cod2 (lower damage on body shots, and higher on head shots, with lower rate of fire on weapons).

- The movement speed per class was weird (snipers ran as fast as SMGs, only the assault class ran slower, and if you pick another weapon on the floor it wont change your speed). A movement speed per weapon would be a better idea (like cod2 or cs), with the possibilities for all classes to run at the same speed when holding a pistol.

- The possibility to hide in vegetation (prone in high grass or crouch in some flowers).

- The bullets wall penetration was to strong, it should be reduce.

Otherwise I haven't seen in the gameplay video if it's possible to do double switch to reload or to switch weapon faster, to fake reload... I hope it will be possible, it's part of the CoD4's feeling for me.

And you should consider adding the possibility of making totems like CS, it will add nice possibilities to teamworking.

Good luck to the development team, our future is in your hands. ^^

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

good post. agree with pretty much everything you've said. I personally also prefer CoD2 TTK (time to kill) compared to CoD4 promod. Movement per weapon is key. I hope nades in Battalion will not be as brutal as they were in cod4 promod. Wallbangs should be possible but again, not as powerful as in cod4. 

Wallbangs were not powerful in cod4, wallbangs were powerful in 1.6. I`d personally love the wallbang to be similar to that of promod, only more reliable (sometimes a constant surface gave different results depending on where you shot).

You couldn't hide in grass in promod (you'd be seen anyway, on crash the trees were used for cover, not grass) and even if you did, players that had graphics turned on low couldn't see the grass, so tough luck.

• Upvote 1

i also think rader of CSGO is nice. enemy spotting by sound should be a skill.
they pretty much nailed it. This video explains every feature if someones interested and doesnt know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYVZezwknL8

i have no clue what you can do better. if it can work for bat44, then just do the same.

Edited by onyx

Health regeneration was FINE.

DISABLE hitmark through smoke? seriously? its the stupidest thing ever.

Grenade spam? learn to dodge.. Grenades were actually pretty decent after first releases of Promod4 (when they disabled nade cooking)

wallbangs were excellent aswell, not too weak not too strong.

excuse me but everything u stated that needs "fixing" in ur opinion is just...wrong..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

16 hours ago, horas said:

DISABLE hitmark through smoke? seriously? its the stupidest thing ever.

If you hitting a player behind the wall (you don't see the player) the hitmarker does not appear. If you hitting an enemy thru a smoke (you don't see the enemy) so why is necessary to hitmarkers will appears?

On 7/19/2017 at 1:43 AM, RAFF said:

Wallbangs were not powerful in cod4, wallbangs were powerful in 1.6. I`d personally love the wallbang to be similar to that of promod, only more reliable (sometimes a constant surface gave different results depending on where you shot).

It is a thing of a taste.. I love promod and I am fine with its wallbangs but wall penetration not always work as it should and almost everything was penetrable. In cod 2 almost everything was not penetrable and it work also great. Make specific materials penetrable or not is a good way bulkhed inetractive is going for. It will be mixture of cod2 and cod4. I am pretty happy with their design decision.

Imagine somebody is playing with wallhack... in cod4 he can kill you thru almost every wall and you have almost no chance to get him down... in cod 2 the hacker could see you thru walls but if he want to kill you he has to face you... of course he will be more prepared but you can get him down. Every body has a different opinion about materials penetration he liked but if we could talk about it in design angle of view... so some of the design could be more or less hacker friendly... and cod4 wall penetration design is like a playground for cheaters. As i type earlier I like promod AF but I think the less penetrable materials is a good way for competitive ground :) don't get me wrong... it is only my opinion but i want to show you disadvantage of what you like/prefer.

• Upvote 2

On 25/11/2017 at 9:36 PM, horas said:

Grenade spam? learn to dodge..

Hey, it's so fun to search for some pixels moving in the sky at the beging of every rounds...

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, Connard said:

Hey, it's so fun to search for some pixels moving in the sky at the beging of every rounds...

Are u kidding me with this? It was a HUGE PART of the game, it took skill to move around the rush routes and manipulate in a way that will take u to the site safely . dunno on what level of cod4 u played but it is what it is..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

ahhh memories, our clan spent nights .... no weeks, trying out new nades on CoD4 lol

Going on about penetration, "ooooooher misses" O.o cannot remember what game it was I played but it had different strengths of penetration depending on what you were shooting at, for me if im taking cover behind a wall I want that wall to take a bullet for me but if im behind a crate of wood then obviously the bullet would penetrate but with a different hit ratio as the bullet would have been slowed ... if you can shoot through anything whats the point of having anything in the way on maps?

Edited by BroosedBanana

On some level i agree with Connard.. Only i think those problems were fun to play with. But I think the competetive games you/me/we had with the game and mod were epic.

As far as i know they alrighty talked about this , most of it , hitmarkers through smokes are mostly good , for example , you smoke a bombsite fully , then you could easily plant without the enemy knowing that you're there because of the hitmarkers , this technische could also be used by a ninja defuser , knowing your hits through smokes is all about patience and positioning , if you'll get rid of the hitmarkers when smoked , you can't say for example alright someone is mod guys , you'll be saying there isn't anyone , i don't understand why this is so frustrating dat for People , it's all about positioning yourself and moving from spot to spot and giving INFO.

• Downvote 1

On 1/7/2018 at 10:59 AM, ghcts said:

As far as i know they alrighty talked about this , most of it , hitmarkers through smokes are mostly good , for example , you smoke a bombsite fully , then you could easily plant without the enemy knowing that you're there because of the hitmarkers , this technische could also be used by a ninja defuser , knowing your hits through smokes is all about patience and positioning , if you'll get rid of the hitmarkers when smoked , you can't say for example alright someone is mod guys , you'll be saying there isn't anyone , i don't understand why this is so frustrating dat for People , it's all about positioning yourself and moving from spot to spot and giving INFO.

It defeats the purpose of the smoke. Might as well show up player model as soon as you land a hit.

Its possible to cancel reloading as I have tried it myself. But no reload shooting possible as in CoD.

On 8/6/2017 at 6:44 PM, Connard said:

possible to do double switch to reload or to switch weapon faster, to fake reload...

Yeah, Implement this thing please! :D

• Upvote 1

On 2017-11-28 at 8:18 PM, Connard said:

To be fair the early nades where a tactical thing that added a dimension in my opinion. They played a huge role on competitive play. I can admit the range were a bit too long maybe, but still not a problem if you ask me.

• Like 1

How about nade cooking, that was in all COD's.  Theres nothing like timing a nade and catching someone on the other side of a wall or in a window.  I have fond memories of cooking nades and bouncing them off walls into unsuspecting opponents.  

There was no grenade cooking in competitive mode, regardles of the COD version.

Edited by craven.

On 1/21/2018 at 7:50 AM, Marrond said:

It defeats the purpose of the smoke. Might as well show up player model as soon as you land a hit.

The real question is why is there a hitmarker at all? In smoke, out of smoke behind a wall, not behind a wall. Do you really need a hitmarker? I just really don't see the point, especially in a game with regen. Plenty of games were successful without it.

• Downvote 1