1 shot kill rifles  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1 shot kill rifles or 1 headshot kill/2 body shots

• 1 shot kill
    • 1 headshot kill/2 body shots kill

Farq-S    378

unless it's changed, the last i heard was every weapon within their optimal range will be a one shot kill to the head. and in my opinion, that damage model seems to be fairest.

if its a kar98 v thompson, at close quarters, the thompson will normally win unless the kar98 player is an absolute god or gets lucky. if its a kar98 v thompson at mid to long range the kar98 will normally win as the thompsons damage should drop off beyond close to mid range. i don't know if its a one shot kill to torso with a rifle but, speaking personally, i think one shot to torso should do high damage, not a one shot kill, and the kar98 should switch to a pistol to finish the job. in a 1v1 at mid-range, the kar98 should have time to pull off 2 shots to the torso before the smg can hose enough bullets to kill at mid-range which should be outside its optimal range. if the smg is caught sprinting his accuracy will be lower so the kar98 should not have many bullets coming at him giving him time to pull off 2 shots. if the kar98 needs more than shots he doesn't deserve the kill. health regen is much slower than in CoD games so the tactic of running away to regen and peak will be less effective.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

HypeRNT    6
13 hours ago, Farq-S said:

unless it's changed, the last i heard was every weapon within their optimal range will be a one shot kill to the head. and in my opinion, that damage model seems to be fairest.

if its a kar98 v thompson, at close quarters, the thompson will normally win unless the kar98 player is an absolute god or gets lucky. if its a kar98 v thompson at mid to long range the kar98 will normally win as the thompsons damage should drop off beyond close to mid range. i don't know if its a one shot kill to torso with a rifle but, speaking personally, i think one shot to torso should do high damage, not a one shot kill, and the kar98 should switch to a pistol to finish the job. in a 1v1 at mid-range, the kar98 should have time to pull off 2 shots to the torso before the smg can hose enough bullets to kill at mid-range which should be outside its optimal range. if the smg is caught sprinting his accuracy will be lower so the kar98 should not have many bullets coming at him giving him time to pull off 2 shots. if the kar98 needs more than shots he doesn't deserve the kill. health regen is much slower than in CoD games so the tactic of running away to regen and peak will be less effective.

Exactly what ive been saying, these people simply want this game to be rifle infested game(just because its ww2 shooter) where it takes no skill to 1 shot anyone because of the crazy fat hitboxes that are giving out free kills to even the most mediocre of players. Snipers are banned from most pubs because they are annoying and unbalanced when they are 1 hit kill from torso up. Cod2 rifles only servers are a joke and a pure definition of overpowered showing you that close or far it does not matter when it comes to 1 hitting constantly with a rifle.

When you are hit in a toros you take huge damage and use your skills as a player to finish your opponent of, nothing complicated here. If you are a skilled player you can headshot them trying to run across or lean peak you while holding down certain areas, even without a kill you do great things for your team by holding down a zone. 

All these inexperienced players who are used to call of duty spacewars sniper smgs,  are talking out of their butts screaming foul about rifles being useless if they dont 1 hit from chest up, which could not be any further from the truth. 

SMG's will win from close range and have high mobility, and snipers/rifles will win from distance, its a simple concept which makes sense and has always made sense, using the "but but its too hard" arguement is just silly.

Edited by HypeRNT
  • Downvote 7

RevoluT.    15
3 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

Exactly what ive been saying, these people simply want this game to be rifle infested game(just because its ww2 shooter) where it takes no skill to 1 shot anyone because of the crazy fat hitboxes that are giving out free kills to even the most mediocre of players. Snipers are banned from most pubs because they are annoying and unbalanced when they are 1 hit kill from torso up. Cod2 rifles only servers are a joke and a pure definition of overpowered showing you that close or far it does not matter when it comes to 1 hitting constantly with a rifle.

When you are hit in a toros you take huge damage and use your skills as a player to finish your opponent of, nothing complicated here. If you are a skilled player you can headshot them trying to run across or lean peak you while holding down certain areas, even without a kill you do great things for your team by holding down a zone. 

All these inexperienced players who are used to call of duty spacewars sniper smgs,  are talking out of their butts screaming foul about rifles being useless if they dont 1 hit from chest up, which could not be any further from the truth. 

SMG's will win from close range and have high mobility, and snipers/rifles will win from distance, its a simple concept which makes sense and has always made sense, using the "but but its too hard" arguement is just silly.

Oh boy.... Seems like math is the main issue in this topic. Unfortunately it can't be teached through the forum.

Take a look at some COD2 fragmovies like "Decerto Face the pain".

• Upvote 1

DarkMortyr    83
7 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

All these inexperienced players

Watch out guys, we got a badass over here ...

Most players here are veteran players from the old CoD games, some with competitive experience on the highest level and yet this guy comes with this argument. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

HypeRNT    6
1 hour ago, DarkMortyr said:

Watch out guys, we got a badass over here ...

Most players here are veteran players from the old CoD games, some with competitive experience on the highest level and yet this guy comes with this argument. 

"yet this guy comes with this argument"

No my son, you came with this argument to portray yourself as a victim, my argument as well as other peoples have clearly been stated and explained, im sorry your lack of attention span is preventing you from properly doing simple things like quoting me.

Regardless if you are ex cod2 player or not, this is not cod2, and should not be a rifle infested strafe fest where everyone is getting 1 hit constantly with no chance of fighting back.

If you want to snipe so badly go play any recent cod, im sure they are all 1 hit in HC mode.

• Downvote 5

RevoluT.    15
7 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

"yet this guy comes with this argument"

No my son, you came with this argument to portray yourself as a victim, my argument as well as other peoples have clearly been stated and explained, im sorry your lack of attention span is preventing you from properly doing simple things like quoting me.

Regardless if you are ex cod2 player or not, this is not cod2, and should not be a rifle infested strafe fest where everyone is getting 1 hit constantly with no chance of fighting back.

If you want to snipe so badly go play any recent cod, im sure they are all 1 hit in HC mode.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Freakshow    176
12 hours ago, RevoluT. said:

OMG they're not all using bolt action rifles, this must be some extreme photoshop skillz.

:D

Above is a great example of why rifles didn't dominate and why not everyone used them. Shock, horror - most guns had their own strengths and weaknesses and shone in certain areas/within certain tactics.

Edited by Freakshow
  • Upvote 3

Farq-S    378
2 hours ago, Freakshow said:

OMG they're not all using bolt action rifles, this must be some extreme photoshop skillz.

Above is a great example of why rifles didn't dominate and why not everyone used them. Shock, horror - most guns had their own strengths and weaknesses and shone in certain areas/within certain tactics.

agreed. many of the gunfights in the fragmovie were not won just because a certain gun was used. what was far more important was the players positioning, map awareness and proficiency with the weapon. simply, he was a good player who used the right weapon in the right situation. as long as all weapons are viable i don't think there's much to argue about.

• Upvote 1

RevoluT.    15
7 hours ago, Freakshow said:

hahahahaha

Exactly, people have a hard time understanding how the dynamics of the game works.

5 hours ago, Farq-S said:

agreed. many of the gunfights in the fragmovie were not won just because a certain gun was used. what was far more important was the players positioning, map awareness and proficiency with the weapon. simply, he was a good player who used the right weapon in the right situation. as long as all weapons are viable i don't think there's much to argue about.

Indeed, in COD2, rifles were indeed very powerful, but only in the hands of those with great skill.

In Brazil between 2006-2008 we had basically to groups that barely knew each other, a group that played "1.0 Rifles only" and the other group playing "1.3 all weapons". There was a championship organized by these 1.0 players and some of us(1.3) joined to see what that was about, only one team of the 1.0 posed a threat but still lost at their own game style. After this championship all the teams of 1.0 joined 1.3 and then we saw a lot of complaining that SMGs were too OP, they did not stand a chance against even some of the weakest 1.3 teams.

What I mean in the end is... there was space for all weapons in the game, the secret is your knowledge of how and when to use it.

Edited by RevoluT.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

HypeRNT    6
10 hours ago, Freakshow said:

This video shows a balance of clips with multiple weapons which prove nothing in terms of my argument for not having a 1 shot kill in the chest.. I dont think anyone is arguing that all guns dont have a purpose, well maybe the constantly misinformed @RevoluT. who somehow uses the dumbest examples to support his claims, but there is no hidden secret that in cod2 rifles were the strongest gun by far, even in the video constant no scopes 1 hitting people thru smoke, or miles away to the chest can easily show you this. 

Ive played against,with and lanned with those guys from that video so im glad someone posted it, still does not change the fact that rifles were by far the strongest weapon in cod2 and was used the most in basically all the pubs(which had limits on how many rifles/snipers you could have for the very purpose of keeping it interesting and not a snipefest) atleast the good servers anyways. 

This was no different in cod4 which had limitations on how many snipers you could have on your team.... and once again in pubs usually each team in a 20 man server could have 2 per team, meaning only 4 snipers out of 20.

Some trolls are trying to make it seem like i dont want to have rifles or snipers in the game which could not be further from the truth, i just simply want it better balanced then cod2 was to have as good of an Esports environment as you can possible get.

• Downvote 5

RevoluT.    15
3 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

This video shows a balance of clips with multiple weapons which prove nothing in terms of my argument for not having a 1 shot kill in the chest.. I dont think anyone is arguing that all guns dont have a purpose, well maybe the constantly misinformed @RevoluT. who somehow uses the dumbest examples to support his claims, but there is no hidden secret that in cod2 rifles were the strongest gun by far, even in the video constant no scopes 1 hitting people thru smoke, or miles away to the chest can easily show you this. 

Ive played against,with and lanned with those guys from that video so im glad someone posted it, still does not change the fact that rifles were by far the strongest weapon in cod2 and was used the most in basically all the pubs(which had limits on how many rifles/snipers you could have for the very purpose of keeping it interesting and not a snipefest) atleast the good servers anyways. 

This was no different in cod4 which had limitations on how many snipers you could have on your team.... and once again in pubs usually each team in a 20 man server could have 2 per team, meaning only 4 snipers out of 20.

Some trolls are trying to make it seem like i dont want to have rifles or snipers in the game which could not be further from the truth, i just simply want it better balanced then cod2 was to have as good of an Esports environment as you can possible get.

The numbers speak for themselves, take a look at the downvotes you receive.

I will humor you... I never talked about snipers, my comments point out the kar98k and not the scoped version. Sure, snipers need to be limited in numbers I even stated this opinion in a previous comment.

Now please, you said you played COD4 in a competitive manner, yet you seem to be extremely worried about pubs and this is not your first comment about it. Competitive players don't care too much about pub balance, which shows that probably most if not everything that you claim is a lie. I could be wrong, but you never mentioned playing COD2 and now is saying that you played with these guys from the video...

I would love to see some DEMOS from you with them, but you probably lost or deleted them right?

The video shows a lot of luck shots indeed(for both rifles and automatics), you will find them in any game, now take those sequences with the rifles with 2-3 kills(which are few in the Fragmovie, you can search for others), now imagine having to shoot all these guys 2 times, most shots were not headshots/neckshots, if you can put 2+2 together you will see how useless you made the rifle with that logic. If a rifleman gets rushed by 2 SMGs he will die 99% of the time, cause its already hard to hit targets that are running and jumping at the same time while firing at you, now imagine being restricted to trying to get only HS's.

I can agree that you can make the rifles less powerful than in COD2, they did kill even when shooting the higher parts of the leg, but I will never agree with neck/head only. If you can only see balance in a 1 hit Head/neck only, you have no idea about game balance, stomach up would be a good start to see how things go, and from there you could balance with updates.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

j6k4    19
On 26/05/2017 at 11:12 PM, Jeebs said:

So never been a fan of one shot kills enless it's a headshot, just curious on other peoples thoughts on this, I feel it requires to little skill to kill people with one body shot.

it's just instagib i'd prefer a more skilled rifle to use and i feel it would balance the game a little better, rather than a server full of people playing sniper/rifle cause it's so easy to kill people with :)

Your concern seems to be the public servers being filled with snipers. So to avoid disapointment just play on servers with rifle limit. 
In the S&D Matchmaking setting you won't have a full server of snipers. Because;  a) it won't be viable;  b) there will probably also be some sort of limit or c) they are trolling/not playing meta to win. 

I do hope that Battalion will have scoped and unscoped rifles. Both being able to one shot. We just gotta try different values and tweak them as we go along (as a community)
My general suggestion for the rifles would be something like....
Scoped rifle being able to kill lower torso up + upper arms + upper legs
Unscoped rifle being able to kill lower torso up + upper arms (OR upper torso up + upper arms)
I just like the idea that the scoped rifle will have a higher one shot kill capability vs the unscoped rifle to compensate for the limited FOV (as you scope in) and potentially lower movement speed.
Anyway, nothing is set in stone that's why we have our amazing dev team that listens to the community by patching the game/updating stuff/nerfing/buffing etc in order to achieve a good balance catered for the competitive level of the game. 

Jeebs    11
1 hour ago, j6k4 said:

Your concern seems to be the public servers being filled with snipers. So to avoid disapointment just play on servers with rifle limit. 
In the S&D Matchmaking setting you won't have a full server of snipers. Because;  a) it won't be viable;  b) there will probably also be some sort of limit or c) they are trolling/not playing meta to win. 

I do hope that Battalion will have scoped and unscoped rifles. Both being able to one shot. We just gotta try different values and tweak them as we go along (as a community)
My general suggestion for the rifles would be something like....
Scoped rifle being able to kill lower torso up + upper arms + upper legs
Unscoped rifle being able to kill lower torso up + upper arms (OR upper torso up + upper arms)
I just like the idea that the scoped rifle will have a higher one shot kill capability vs the unscoped rifle to compensate for the limited FOV (as you scope in) and potentially lower movement speed.
Anyway, nothing is set in stone that's why we have our amazing dev team that listens to the community by patching the game/updating stuff/nerfing/buffing etc in order to achieve a good balance catered for the competitive level of the game. 

I agree they do seem like a great dev team, I'm a competitive player and don't spend much time on public servers but it's vital that the public version of the game is balanced and fun to, this will be where new players start before they delve in to competition, when people can do with a control pad what is displayed in the video below

then it's just a cake walk for any high skilled player at any range to get kills with a long range weapon and in my opinion way to strong.

but it's early days and there's much more to come and i have faith! ;-)

-T1    0

Well since running is in the game, perhaps 1 shot kill is best.  SMGs will be very powerful compared to COD2 since you can run around and kill people fast.  If bolts are 1 hit kill, they should also be limited in my opinion, just as the sniper is.

abracadabra    1

People are looking to much into this and going all science and shit 

If you dont have the personal skill to aim at these 1 shot kill spots then simply you WONT GET ONE!

you can say hitbox this hitbox that but if YOU the player cant hit it then thats where the problem is.. not small hitboxes or hitboxes in the wrong places or springing or walking crap its all PLAYER dependent.

this isn't cod..... this isn't csgo.....this isnt moh...this is a  completely different company and different game so stop comparing it to other things smh.

abra

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Masser    55

The balance is needed, but you guys are forgetting about the Hearthstone mixed with CSGO economy system. Changes the entire dynamics, I'm pro 1 shot kills though. Headshot only would be a bit too heavy of a nerf.

Ryzn    8
On 5/27/2017 at 0:58 PM, powerZ said:

Headshot = Kill

Upper Body = Kill

Its the best solution I think. Battalion is based around movement, so just evade them by using the right movement.

The sniper is powerful in most games if you use it right.

I agree! Leg shots can obviously be a tag but upper chest or head is one bullet.59a859a957d12_RyznSURREALSignature.thumb.jpg.126473cf97409620f7e3b55c23e1143c.jpg

• Upvote 3

TheGoog    1

Headshot = Kill

Upper Body = Kill

Its the best solution I think. Battalion is based around movement, so just evade them by using the right movement.

The sniper is powerful in most games if you use it right.

i think this is the best solution

• Upvote 1