1 shot kill rifles  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1 shot kill rifles or 1 headshot kill/2 body shots

• 1 shot kill
    • 1 headshot kill/2 body shots kill

WeAsOne    226

This area 1 shot kill for me.. To have a chance against an automatic on close quarters.. (when its all balanced)

1-shot Kar98k.png

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 5

xXclusiivE    3
1 hour ago, zuki said:

Headshot = kill

Anything else = not kill

Standard aim rules. The idea that a chest shot is a kill is just mind numbing. I think these kids have had it too easy for too long. 

God no.. in a fast pace twitch shooter like this game is aiming to be the rifle class weapons would be rendered useless if you needed to get a HS every time for a one hit kill. Do you not realize how much skill is needed to ADS and get a HS when people are sprinting and strafing around the map. Rifles in BAT44 need to be a one shot kill from the center of your torso and up and the head period.

Just like @WeAsOne posted 100% 

1-shot Kar98k.png

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 7

Jeebs    11
6 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

This area 1 shot kill for me.. To have a chance against an automatic on close quarters.. (when its all balanced)

1-shot Kar98k.png

To be fair a SMG has 0 chance Vs sniper at range why should a sniper have such a big chance at close range they can just use a pistol or hit a headshot if they are good.

Appreciate your opinion though thanks for replying ?

• Upvote 1

WeAsOne    226
1 minute ago, Jeebs said:

To be fair a SMG has 0 chance Vs sniper at range why should a sniper have such a big chance at close range they can just use a pistol or hit a headshot if they are good.

Appreciate your opinion though thanks for replying ?

??

I think at range you can use the environment for not getting shot, and I like to use the Kar98k for that nostalgic CoD1 feeling. Walked around with the Kar all the time (so also for close quarters).

If the smg's are 2 or 3 shot kills at close quarters (@ the same area where rifles are 1 shot) would that make it better? Or even 1 shot to the head..?

Would like your opinion on this!

Jeebs    11
28 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

??

I think at range you can use the environment for not getting shot, and I like to use the Kar98k for that nostalgic CoD1 feeling. Walked around with the Kar all the time (so also for close quarters).

If the smg's are 2 or 3 shot kills at close quarters (@ the same area where rifles are 1 shot) would that make it better? Or even 1 shot to the head..?

Would like your opinion on this!

So 2 players with equal reactions and aim, one players has to fire 1 bullet the other 2/3 the guy shooting one shot is going to win 9/10 fights,

making the 1 shot mechanic headshot only would help balance this out.

aye cover can be used to avoid getting sniped but once the smoke is gone vs a good scope you are pinned behind cover pretty much.

plus it could reduce people flying around no scoping smgs at close range,

at the end of the day everything could change i've only seen 15 mins of pre-alpha footage.

• Upvote 1

WeAsOne    226
5 minutes ago, Jeebs said:

So 2 players with equal reactions and aim, one players has to fire 1 bullet the other 2/3 the guy shooting one shot is going to win 9/10 fights,

Is it a good thing you need a headshot across the map to kill someone?

We can not say anything about the alpha here (NDA).. we can at the Alpha-section of the forum..

EDIT: We are discussing this also at the Alpha forum so you'll find it if you have access to it ;)

EDIT2: I see.. you are talking about the PRE-alpha footage xD my bad..

Edited by WeAsOne

Jeebs    11
11 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

Is it a good thing you need a headshot across the map to kill someone?

We can not say anything about the alpha here (NDA).. we can at the Alpha-section of the forum ;)

In my opinion yes, but i come from games where this is the norm.

Edited by Jeebs

WeAsOne    226
3 minutes ago, Jeebs said:

In my opinion yes

Well I can tell you there are more people with the same opinion you have on the Alpha forum.. So your opinion is also represented over there ;) Don't worry

RAFF    105
16 minutes ago, Jeebs said:

aye cover can be used to avoid getting sniped but once the smoke is gone vs a good scope you are pinned behind cover pretty much.

plus it could reduce people flying around no scoping smgs at close range,

at the end of the day everything could change i've only seen 15 mins of pre-alpha footage.

It doesn't win nearly 90% of the figths, if you would've played the alpha you would've been able to see that. 

• Upvote 1

Jeebs    11
Just now, WeAsOne said:

Well I can tell you there are more people with the same opinion you have on the Alpha forum.. So your opinion is also represented over there ;) Don't worry

oh that's good to know awesome ;-)

Jeebs    11
20 hours ago, CDR said:

COD4 damage was perfect imo

Not perfect in my opinion, but if you guys are happy to have this sort of thing in battalion cool....

j6k4    19

If you have an SMG you shouldn't even try to challenge a sniper at range. 

How about;

Unscoped rifle - chest up kill

Scoped rifle -  (slower movement speed) stomach up kill 

HypeRNT    6

i mean just basing it of cod2, rifles where super OP, everyone was using them because they were so strong. I think if you hit someones head, they should die, but if you hit their chest, it should be 90% dmg so that 1 more bullet finishes your target, even from a pistol. That to me makes perfect sense, with the recent changes to movement speed slowing the game down(which i love), we were told its like cod4 promod speed, and if thats the case, then landing rifle shots should not be so difficult, and therefor having them 1 shot at a chest is probably too darn strong, especially at the elite level where hitting rifle shots will be common.

Edited by HypeRNT

abracadabra    1
On 5/28/2017 at 9:20 PM, WeAsOne said:

This area 1 shot kill for me

1-shot Kar98k.png

This is about as perfect as you can get...

Its about your personal aim this is what separates the men from the boys

If you have naturally good aim you will be aiming for the head/neck/chest area anyway for the 1 shot kills

If you aint aiming for the 1 shot spots its your own fault and will have to hit another one its that simple

skill gap boys skill gap  :ph34r:

Edited by abracadabra

chippy    79

Kar98k:
Nipples and up = 1 hit
Nipples down = 2 hit
Some sort of nerf, i.e. spread, for longer distances to prevent a hip firing nightmare

M1 Garand:
Head = 1 hit
Shoulders down to pelvis = 2 hit
Pelvis and down = 3 hit
Could do with less hectic recoil animation

This is solely based of the TDM mode and the only map we've played so far. Other weapons, maps and modes will most definitely skew these opinions as they are implemented.

RAFF    105
12 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

This is about as perfect as you can get...

If you have naturally good aim you will be aiming for the head/neck/chest area anyway for the 1 shot kills

If you aint aiming for the 1 shot spots its your own fault and will have to hit another one its that simple

skill gap boys skill gap  :ph34r:

If only that area is a 1 shot kill that creates so many hit reg problems, with headshots not being kills and so on. If those problems are not that noticeable now, they will be if they change it to this.

abracadabra    1
Just now, RAFF said:

If only that area is a 1 shot kill that creates so many hit reg problems, with headshots not being kills and so on. If those problems are not that noticeable now, they will be if they change it to this.

How can there be hit reg problems..

you either hit the head/neck/upper chest area for 1 shot or miss it and have to fire again 

RAFF    105
Just now, abracadabra said:

How can there be hit reg problems..

you either hit the head/neck/upper chest area for 1 shot or miss it and have to fire again 

Not hit/miss. Chest can sometimes mean you get a tag, and not a kill.(netcode) You make the 1 shot-kill area smaller, you make the problem more noticeable.

abracadabra    1
2 minutes ago, RAFF said:

Not hit/miss. Chest can sometimes mean you get a tag, and not a kill.(netcode) You make the 1 shot-kill area smaller, you make the problem more noticeable.

Thats why you aim for the upper chest/neck.....like i said this is what separates the men from the boys if you cant aim at the right spots for the 1 shots you pay the price of having to take another one for the kill....Skill gap:x

Connard    14

I don't think it's very important that the weapons are perfectly balanced (as long they don't break the game).
If the economic system is well done, players will be forced to play with all weapons during a game, and having to choose when to use when to use more or less strong weapons can bring some strategic dimension.

RevoluT.    15

2.png.79c4f1c0ee594406ecb8e19842b6a5fb.png

I Believe it should be something like this(dont mind my paint skills). After all we are talking about rifles. Also I added a part of the arms because sometimes you will hit the enemy sideways and the bullet would go through the entire body. QUESTION: Will the game incorporate penetration through the body? If the hand is in the way of the bullet but is aligned with the torso, will it kill? 

1- Rifles in small quarters are much harder to use than SMGs, 1 mistake you are dead, we need to give skilled Rifleman the chance to defend themselves against a runner with an smg when entering a building or around a corner.

2- For a competitive game, SMGs dont require too much skill to use, but even in cod2 they served a decent purpose in some maps(Dawnville, Burgundy). Yet were rendered almost useless in maps like Toujane.

3 - With the topic above in mind, different map layouts should force players to choose different weapons, it will give a better dynamic to the game

4- SMGs will always be useful in the middle of smokes, corners and closed quarters, even more with the "sprint" ability even if rifles oneshots everything from the balls up.

RLpacifist    72

Generally spoken, body+chest 2 hits and head+neck 1 hit sounds more familiar to me.

2 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Agreed, that's why I think that spot shouldn't be any larger than the neck area.

Edited by RLpacifist
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

RevoluT.    15
2 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

Generally spoken, body+chest 2 hits and head+neck 1 hit sounds more familiar to me.

Agreed, that's why I think that spot shouldn't be any larger than the neck area.

This is impossible with a bolt action... with 3-4 shots a SMG will kill at medium range, by the time a bolt action rifle shoots 2 times the smg will have fired half or more of its magazine.