1 shot kill rifles  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1 shot kill rifles or 1 headshot kill/2 body shots

• 1 shot kill
    • 1 headshot kill/2 body shots kill

Jeebs    11

So never been a fan of one shot kills enless it's a headshot, just curious on other peoples thoughts on this, I feel it requires to little skill to kill people with one body shot.

it's just instagib i'd prefer a more skilled rifle to use and i feel it would balance the game a little better, rather than a server full of people playing sniper/rifle cause it's so easy to kill people with :)

• Upvote 2

powerZ    10

Headshot = Kill

Upper Body = Kill

Its the best solution I think. Battalion is based around movement, so just evade them by using the right movement.

The sniper is powerful in most games if you use it right.

• Upvote 8

Jeebs    11
30 minutes ago, powerZ said:

Headshot = Kill

Upper Body = Kill

Its the best solution I think. Battalion is based around movement, so just evade them by using the right movement.

Aye most of my experience comes from faster paced games where movement is paramount.

Just from what I've seen from vids (missed alpha buss :( ) I feel the game would benefit from a higher skill required for sniping.

Edited by Jeebs

Jeebs    11
48 minutes ago, Mreleven1181 said:

The sniper is better than the smgs for rushing noticed it right away , tried one out myself also noticed the hip fire on them even when moving is crazy accurate. So you basically have a one hit kill weapon that takes very little skill to use.

I voted headshot only for a one hit kill, the devs said themselfs they want a game with a high skill gap so make the sniper rewarding to people that have good aim and not just any random person 

Aye it also removes the point of Headshots as sniper why even try aiming for the head :/, if it don't change we will only see 1000s of youtube videos of 360 noscopes off buildings.

either way i'll still play the game. appreciate feedback i find it interesting that so many people think it's fine for snipers to be the way they are across many current games.

Meatsack    1
1 hour ago, Mreleven1181 said:

The sniper is better than the smgs for rushing noticed it right away , tried one out myself also noticed the hip fire on them even when moving is crazy accurate. So you basically have a one hit kill weapon that takes very little skill to use.

I voted headshot only for a one hit kill, the devs said themselfs they want a game with a high skill gap so make the sniper rewarding to people that have good aim and not just any random person 

Didnt the devs say you cant talk about the alpha?

wiLLzki    17
5 hours ago, powerZ said:

Headshot = Kill

Upper Body = Kill

This guy has it. 

• Upvote 2

wiLLzki    17
1 hour ago, Mreleven1181 said:

I just can't agree with this. It's 6v6 TDM on a really small map. Of course if you take a kar for a couple lives and just rush you may get some nice reaction shots, noscopes, etc. But in a 5v5 SnD on a map like this or even any other map, rushing with a rifle will never be practical nor effective. 

Meatsack    1
4 minutes ago, Mreleven1181 said:

Yea on steam forums they told me to talk about the game in the battalion forums, played a few games there got one lobby with almost no snipers and game felt really good then every other lobby was just a sniper lobby lol

hopefully the game is not a sniper fest and has people using different weapons

Farq-S    378

@Mreleven1181, are you playing the alpha? if you are please stop posting info about it in the open forums and only use the closed alpha forum. if you don't have access to the alpha forum wait until you do have access. if you aren't in the alpha then ignore everything i just said. thanks

• Upvote 1

ono    45
20 hours ago, Mreleven1181 said:

keep this information to the alpha-private-discussion forum or you're breaking the NDA

natsu    4

1 shot kill if you hit the head and otherwise it's 2 hit's kill on the body seems fair other wise you will get more campers. 

• Upvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
15 minutes ago, Mreleven1181 said:

Calm down doll 

No need for him to calm down. You are lucky the Devs are being soft. 

Smiley    20

I think Upper body, and headshots should be 1 shot kill. I play a lot of call of duty 1 and the reason I love 1 shot kill on that, is because the shot registry is so garbage. You'll aim at someone standing still and shoot them in the head and it will tag them, so it's just less annoying when it's 1 shot kill. This being a newer game, it would be cool to have it harder to get 1 shot kills, but still think upper chest should be 1 shot. 

Jeebs    11
1 hour ago, Smiley said:

I think Upper body, and headshots should be 1 shot kill. I play a lot of call of duty 1 and the reason I love 1 shot kill on that, is because the shot registry is so garbage. You'll aim at someone standing still and shoot them in the head and it will tag them, so it's just less annoying when it's 1 shot kill. This being a newer game, it would be cool to have it harder to get 1 shot kills, but still think upper chest should be 1 shot. 

Aye that's good point some games have horrible reg, I'd be happy with shoulder upwards I guess if that's even possible ?

dodged    17

It should always be a 1hit kill, only if you shoot in hes leg or arms it shouldnt be a 1hit kill.

• Upvote 1

Jeebs    11
25 minutes ago, dodged said:

It should always be a 1hit kill, only if you shoot in hes leg or arms it shouldnt be a 1hit kill.

Would depend on the recoil and fire rate of the rifles from what I see in the gameplay video, looks very op as are most sniper/rifles in games these days. I just think it would be good to have a more challenging sniping experience not only for competitive but for casual players to who like running around a pub server as SMG only to face a horde of snipers ?

Edited by Jeebs
  • Upvote 3

WolfEnstein    215
On 26/05/2017 at 11:12 PM, Jeebs said:

.....never been a fan of one shot kills enless it's a headshot...............it requires to little skill to kill people with one body shot.

VoXAyok.gif

Good luck trying to get the bolt-action rifle junkies to agree with you, though, Jeebs :lol: .

• Upvote 2

zuki    16

Headshot = kill

Anything else = not kill

Standard aim rules. The idea that a chest shot is a kill is just mind numbing. I think these kids have had it too easy for too long. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Jeebs    11
2 minutes ago, zuki said:

Headshot = kill

Anything else = not kill

Standard aim rules. The idea that a chest shot is a kill is just mind numbing. I think these kids have had it too easy for too long. 

Haha yes can't blame them most of them grew up with these crazy leg shot kills, I'm all for taking the good from call of duty but would be a good chance to leave what's bad.

Would be nice to see Enemy territory style rifles.

• Upvote 3

zuki    16

I quite like the rifles in this, but honestly who wants to get a kill for missing the head shot O.o

• Upvote 2