ChivasUK    6

Greetings battalions, the alpha starts this week! But the objective for my thread is to ask you, how would you react if Bulkhead add female soldiers to battalion 1944? Today Battlefield 1 announced the second DLC: "in the name of the tsar" and confirmed female soldiers, this brought mixed reviews in Battlefield forums and social media. Also Cod WW2 will add female soldiers. 

IMG_1230.JPG

Razor    379

I for one would absolutely love it!!! There are quite a number of females that did a remarkable impact during the war as soldiers, medics, spies and more, also here in Norway :) 

• Upvote 1

Farq-S    378

there was lots of discussion on the forums about including female soldiers in the first few weeks after the kickstarter. either females from the french resistance or russian soldiers because both of those factions actually had female combatants in WW2. personally, i think it would be great as long as it was authentic to the time and location of WW2. can't see it fitting in with the german, british or american factions in the game as it currently stands. 

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 1

jcuz    105

Only potential problem I see is playermodel sizes from a competitive standpoint. If there is no advantage (smaller playermodel) for picking a female character, then it would be ok..

• Upvote 3

seekax    176

As long as they fill out the hitbox and the sounds are as audible as those of the male character i really couldn't care less. But then at that point why even bother, it'll just be a dude with a higher pitch voice.

ChivasUK    6
4 hours ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

We wanted/still want to add female snipers when we introduced the Russian faction stretch goal :)

:o there's hope

14 hours ago, Farq-S said:

there was lots of discussion on the forums about including female soldiers in the first few weeks after the kickstarter. either females from the french resistance or russian soldiers because both of those factions actually had female combatants in WW2. personally, i think it would be great as long as it was authentic to the time and location of WW2. can't see it fitting in with the german, british or american factions in the game as it currently stands. 

I agree, females from the French resistance and red army had combatants in WW2. If we have French and Russian factions, would be cool to see females.

B1scu1T    5

As long as its relatively historically accurate and balanced, I don't mind.

Games recently seem to have gone out of their way to please a vocal minority of peoples who's agenda is a long way away from creating games that people will actually enjoy. People play games to enjoy the games and escape from the world, we don't play them to have political agendas thrust at us. If its clear that the agenda has become more important than the gameplay, people will notice and stop playing.

ChivasUK    6
On 5/25/2017 at 1:26 PM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

We did it way before Battlefield, the russians.

I'm a little confused. 

On 5/23/2017 at 3:05 AM, [DEV] KingHoward said:

We wanted/still want to add female snipers when we introduced the Russian faction stretch goal :)

[DEV] @KingHoward said you still want to add female soldiers, now [DEV] @Brammertron says already did. 

Edited by ChivasUK

Nisty*    2

As a female, I say : YESS!!!! 

I think it would be cool, to also acknowledge the fact that females helped out during the war, nevertheless it would be good for the point of view on 'women' in general. ( don't wanna start a whole political discussion here.. just saying..)

In Medal of Honor Allied Assault there was a female character 'Manon' I think she was called, and a lot of players, men and women chose to be her. In all fairness, I think they chose her because she appeared to be a "smaller" character with smaller hit boxes... So make it fair and bring in female soldiers that have the same hit box. 

Just my two cents :)

Edited by Nisty*

14 hours ago, ChivasUK said:

I'm a little confused. 

[DEV] @KingHoward said you still want to add female soldiers, now [DEV] @Brammertron says already did. 

We made (not game ready) female Russian sniper character models for the stretch goals trailer, but it never went further than that in development. We'll look into it again post Early Access release!

• Upvote 1

suNNN    11
13 minutes ago, [DEV] KingHoward said:

We made (not game ready) female Russian sniper character models for the stretch goals trailer, but it never went further than that in development. We'll look into it again post Early Access release!

Would be nice to see some progress of development, it takes too much time already. Seeing Alpha only 2 times in 2~ months is really weird. If it goes like that we can expect BETA around Q4 and full game 2019? Do not misunderstand me but I think this game will die sooner than it will be released.

DarkMortyr    83

Actually it will die much sooner if the release will be rushed and they will try to fix the game after that. Most people don't even know about this game yet, so there is no real reason why should a delay hurt it in any way.

Edited by DarkMortyr

suNNN    11
4 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

Actually it will die much sooner if the release will be rushed and they will try to fix the game after that. Most people don't even know about this game yet, so there is no real reason why should a delay hurt it in any way.

Just imagine that CoD WW2 would be really playable and would support competitive gaming which is most likely not going to happen but IF it happens Battalion stand no chance.

DarkMortyr    83

@suNNN

Do you know which studio made old legendary CoD titles? CoD1,2,4,MW2? Infinity Ward did. But not only that Infinity Ward is not working on it, even if they did, people that used to create these CoD titles are no longer there, because most of them quit after incident with West and Zampella. 

I wouldn't put a lot of hopes into Sledgehammer Games. Their Advanced Warfare was crap compared to most other CoD titles. And that's about it.

As for support for CoD titles or even competitive scene. There is close to none. And it was always like that. I personally think that if they were ever about to release a game with some real plan for a competitive scene, they would make a huge boom about that. They like to hype their fans as much as they can, releasing trailer after trailer. 

Also CoD titles these days are mostly just a bad port from consoles. It doesn't  work very well at the beginning and later they provide solution only to some extend. 

Edited by DarkMortyr