FLAXR

Filmtweaks?

sh0tyz    132
4 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

You'll have a lot of visual control of colors yes. 

YESSSSSS

muso    58

My god these dev's are literally the only competent devs i've ever seen. 

They systematically smack down all stupid daddy gamer non competitive ideas and then even pick up small things like film tweaks. 

• Upvote 9

skitelo    52
28 minutes ago, muso said:

My god these dev's are literally the only competent devs i've ever seen. 

They systematically smack down all stupid daddy gamer non competitive ideas and then even pick up small things like film tweaks. 

They're gamers themselves and know what we need :)

WeAsOne    226
1 hour ago, muso said:

stupid daddy gamer non competitive ideas

I'm a daddy gamer.. and i love competitive.. that's why i'm here.... ;)

Why call it "daddy gamers" and not just "non-competitive" or "casual gamers"...?

It sounds really weird to me.. so please stop discriminating the daddy's here... :P

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 3

seekax    176
1 hour ago, WeAsOne said:

I'm a daddy gamer.. and i love competitive.. that's why i'm here.... ;)

Why call it "daddy gamers" and not just "non-competitive" or "casual gamers"...?

It sounds really weird to me.. so please stop discriminating the daddy's here... :P

Dadgamer describes a certain group of people who think they are in touch with the gaming community but really arent and thus are fully unaware of how their actions are being received as odd. You know, the type who organize clans in which they refer to one another by rank, post memes from 2005 and all that. You can be a dad and not be a dadgamer and not every casual is a dadgamer.

Edited by seekax
  • Upvote 2

WeAsOne    226
14 hours ago, seekax said:

Dadgamer describes a certain group of people who think they are in touch with the gaming community but really arent and thus are fully unaware of how their actions are being received as odd. You know, the type who organize clans in which they refer to one another by rank, post memes from 2005 and all that. You can be a dad and not be a dadgamer and not every casual is a dadgamer.

But people that are no dads also can be daddygamers.. so the name is no good

Its like calling someone gay because he is scared... no sense ;) 

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 2

seekax    176
2 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

But people that are no dads also can be daddygamers.. so the name is no good

Its like calling someone gay because he is scared... no sense ;) 

I suppose it comes from people being reminded of their own dads. Their behavior is somewhat similar to that of many people's parents on facebook, those old people whatsapp groups where they and their circle of friends exchange minute long videos of some gnome in a top hat doing a dance and wishing a happy day and that situation where you are a teenager with your friends and your dad comes in and tries to be one of the guys, embarrassing you in the process.

It's also quite catchy.

FLAXR    6

LOL. SICK. THANK YOU. I guess it will be possible to save the commands and execute / bind them so you have one for every map?

2 hours ago, FLAXR said:

LOL. SICK. THANK YOU. I guess it will be possible to save the commands and execute / bind them so you have one for every map?

It works the same was as COD4, except you can currently hold backspace and hide the settings menu while you're in the menu so you can preview your changes. If you look in the top right it says "custom 1" thats your profile, we have a couple of presets, but there is also a cfg file that you can change, share, and modify outside of the game. 

The settings are not per map, that's too much control and we don't want to give out the ability to keybind color commands because now we're getting into a very sketchy way of doing things, so there will be no console key binding. 

Joe

• Upvote 3

ono    45
4 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

It works the same was as COD4, except you can currently hold backspace and hide the settings menu while you're in the menu so you can preview your changes. If you look in the top right it says "custom 1" thats your profile, we have a couple of presets, but there is also a cfg file that you can change, share, and modify outside of the game. 

sounds great

• Upvote 2

seekax    176
2 hours ago, FLAXR said:

People shouldn't have to spend hours setting up their config to feel like they are on an even playingfield. There's always a tradeoff between customizability and userfriendliness, i think this one is fair.

• Upvote 3

muso    58

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON It's really not a big deal because you could just have a note pad and write it down for each map. But in the future when you get some time it might be worth making filmtweeks for map specific. Ie at the top of that menu you posted have each map and i can edit what it'll look like every time that map loads. 

in promod we just made binds and bound them to like f1/2/3/4 and just hit the bind that executed the string of color changes depending on what map we were playing. 

Masser    55
3 hours ago, muso said:

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON It's really not a big deal because you could just have a note pad and write it down for each map. But in the future when you get some time it might be worth making filmtweeks for map specific. Ie at the top of that menu you posted have each map and i can edit what it'll look like every time that map loads. 

in promod we just made binds and bound them to like f1/2/3/4 and just hit the bind that executed the string of color changes depending on what map we were playing. 

Would still be a sketchy way of doing it. They want to make it accessible, but allowing the ability to change your config at a button press is going too far in making it accessible. People would just change their config when going somewhere where a standard config wouldn't work and they are aiming to get rid of that whole "Where can I get your config?" and making the "best" config for the game mentality. I wouldn't be surprised (even though I am not expecting it) if we will be able to put a config in that moves the sliders, but not anything I would imagine that will be doable with a button press to switch configs.

• Upvote 1

scaR    59
1 hour ago, Masser said:

Would still be a sketchy way of doing it. They want to make it accessible, but allowing the ability to change your config at a button press is going too far in making it accessible. People would just change their config when going somewhere where a standard config wouldn't work and they are aiming to get rid of that whole "Where can I get your config?" and making the "best" config for the game mentality. I wouldn't be surprised (even though I am not expecting it) if we will be able to put a config in that moves the sliders, but not anything I would imagine that will be doable with a button press to switch configs.

Pretty sure muso was referring to having the option to select between maps in the filmtweaks menu that brammer posted, like a dropdown selection at the top of the screen.  Was only using config or binds from cod4 as an example.

Masser    55

Well he was referring to the ability to enable a config using the function keys for each map. I think being able to see how it will look on each map would be helpful though.

sh0tyz    132

4 hours ago, Masser said:

Well he was referring to the ability to enable a config using the function keys for each map. I think being able to see how it will look on each map would be helpful though.

From that screenshot, there's a binds tab. I'm sure you can bind a key to "exec map1.cfg" or something similar

Edited by sh0tyz

Masser    55
19 minutes ago, sh0tyz said:

From that screenshot, there's a binds tab. I'm sure you can bind a key to "exec map1.cfg" or something similar

True.