Meatsack

Attack and defend gamemode

11 posts in this topic

One team will have to defend a house are or something inside and are allowed to have shotguns and submachine guns and are not allowed to go outside .The attackers have to kill all the defenders to win and have snipers,assault rifles and machine guns.The defenders have to survive till time runs out

Whoever downvoted, at least explain why you did.... 

I have conflicting views, on one side the weapons being attached to rand would be cool but would lose its charm I suppose due to a lack of balance and so likely wouldn't work in a competitive setting. That being said, snipers are quite versatile and rainbow six siege did something similar and it's huge now. I wouldn't mind messing around on a server to play a few rounds for fun if done correctly. 

Posted (edited)

i don't see enough gameplay in this idea to warrant it's own game mode. also, why would you be trying to kill everyone in the house? why wouldn't you just wait outside until they tried to come out and just pick them off at range? there's no mention of an objective so i don't see the point. it's like a dumbed down rainbow 6 siege without the hostages.

i'm guessing the downvotes are people who view this idea as having no merit and rather than just ignore it they downvote and move on. for the record, i didn't downvote. just don't think its a good idea.

Edited by Farq-S

Posted (edited)

What is wrong with S&D, CTF, FFA, TDM?

EDIT: it could be cool to have this though: 1vs1 maps, 2vs2 maps, retakes on official maps. These things are done by the community. The devs will focus on making S&D interesting. The rest is up to you.

Edited by ToonBE

Oh lord, ToonBE's post upvoted :D Dat plot twist.

There will be variety of different mods to choose from when devs introduce mod tools so don't you worry, you'll probably see some r6 style mod too.

2 minutes ago, skitelo said:

Oh lord, ToonBE's post upvoted :D Dat plot twist.

There will be variety of different mods to choose from when devs introduce mod tools so don't you worry, you'll probably see some r6 style mod too.

there's no destructible environments in Bat44. no blowing holes in walls or kicking down doors. like i said, it'll be a dumbed down r6s with everyone in the building ads'ing the entry points with a shotgun. it'd get real boring real fast.

this isn't a bad a idea what so ever but i don't think its applicable to Battalion though. Technically we already see this in BF1 in the operations mode. It works well but some maps will have the attackers at an advantage or vice versa with the defense. The fact there is nothing destructible in Batt44 will also cause this gamemode to render slightly on the "boring" side. I love the idea and im sure the modders will have plenty of ideas to make into reality!! Lets see :)

I remember there was a map on cod 1 we played on LAN so many years ago. It had a long S-road, a church and buildings.. On LAN we played 3vs3 TDM with all weapons allowed. The map had a house with stairs, a broken floor a front and back entrance and windows. We always tried to capture and hold that house. It was a lot of fun. I guess this kind of gameplay could be replicated in a Domination gamemode map.

6 minutes ago, HaraldQuake said:

It had a long S-road, a church and buildings..

Sounds like Dawnville, Neuville or Tigertown? 

On 17.5.2017 at 0:09 AM, Meatsack said:

One team will have to defend a house are or something inside and are allowed to have shotguns and submachine guns and are not allowed to go outside .The attackers have to kill all the defenders to win and have snipers,assault rifles and machine guns.The defenders have to survive till time runs out

Good thing about Battalion is that modders can make their own rules on dedicated servers, just hook up with a clan/team that mod and map their own stuff and you will see things you thought wouldn't be possible :)

On 17.05.2017 at 0:09 AM, Meatsack said:

Play Rainbow Six: Siege that is dedicated to gamemode like this?