Reputation System  

81 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What would you like to happen to the voting system?

• Have the ability to up-vote and down-vote as much as you can
    • Have an unlimited up-votes and limited down-votes (Current System)
    • ONLY up-votes allowed NO down-votes
    • No Reputation at all.

5 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

here is a poke at you seek, guilty conscience? ;)

Care to elaborate?

• Downvote 1

Just now, DukeNukem said:

don't have to, you already know

No i don't. Feel free to express your opinion in full.

• Downvote 1

Just now, seekax said:

No i don't. Feel free to express your opinion in full.

like i said, i don't have to because you already know m8

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

16 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

Some people who came in here who are "pro gamers" and other "competitive type" personalities have really stirred the pot quite abit and then you have the randoms who just like to troll

But same thing goes both ways right? It's a typical Intel VS AMD fanboy case.. toxicity will always be there.. and bantering.. Heck, even the devs are doing some light bantering!

Just take everything with a pinch of salt and no.. No need to start pointing fingers at each other.

• Downvote 2

Just now, Ryssk said:

But same thing goes both ways right? It's a typical Intel VS AMD fanboy case.. toxicity will always be there.. and bantering.. Heck, even the devs are doing some light bantering!

Just take everything with a pinch of salt and no.. No need to start pointing fingers at each other.

no not at all amma post what i said in Discord. Banter is fine, this about something totally different

honestly it doesn't (if the reputation system matters) lol but it does at some point only because of how people perceive a positive vs a negative review of things. Hell, in the end we are all just usernames on a forum and in essence a "product" that can be reviewed. The issue is more of someone getting a bad review because of trolls their opinions not taken as worthy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

like i said, i don't have to because you already know m8

If you can't elaborate on the point you are trying to make you have none.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, seekax said:

If you can't elaborate on the point you are trying to make you have none.

speaking like a person with a true guilty conscience lol

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

Accuse me of something or let it be, currently i have no idea what i should have a guilty conscience about. And quite frankly this 'discussion' we are having is a farce. There's no point in continuing this if i have to figure out your arguments for you because you are either too lazy to write them down or have none.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

Some people who came in here who are "pro gamers" and other "competitive type" personalities have really stirred the pot quite abit and then you have the randoms who just like to troll

There is a reason the devs are working closely together with many former and current pros. This game is aiming to become a competitive game, not a casual shitfest like COD is nowadays. It might just be that those players know a little bit more about how a game works in terms of competitiveness. You are starting to sound a lot like a jealous ToonBE now with your use of "". Sounds like you are jealous of what some people achieved in your own hobby. No idea why but that is quite sad.

As Joe tweeted the other day, we are all on the same team, casual and competitive players, so how about we stop chatting shit and instead talk about ideas to improve the game so we can all have an enjoyable game?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Just now, FrosteR said:

There is a reason the devs are working closely together with many former and current pros. This game is aiming to become a competitive game, not a casual shitfest like COD is nowadays. It might just be that those players know a little bit more about how a game works in terms of competitiveness. You are starting to sound a lot like a jealous ToonBE now with your use of "". Sounds like you are jealous of what some people achieved in your own hobby. No idea why but that is quite sad.

As Joe tweeted the other day, we are all on the same team, casual and competitive players, so how about we stop chatting shit and instead talk about ideas to improve the game so we can all have an enjoyable game?

as we were doing before the toxic comments and attitudes? i agree, but you miss my point too.....anyway im done talking about this because noone needs to take any responsibility for their actions and things are swept under the rug.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

as we were doing before the toxic comments and attitudes? i agree, but you miss my point too.....anyway im done talking about this because noone needs to take any responsibility for their actions and things are swept under the rug.....

Please elaborate and stop vagueposting adding nothing to the discussion. Nobody has a clue what you are talking about.

Edited by FrosteR
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

There is no human being on this planet that I am afraid of.. I'm not going to post names out in public because like I said it will just make things even more bad. Hey if anyone wants to know PM me LOL...

Screenshot_21222222222.jpg.d84dc415b8f5b67f4cfd27aa34fb0485.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My guess is that this topic was created to stop this toxicity, not to increase it. 

If we can't be nice to each other when there are only a couple of us, what's going to happen once this game hits EA / release? That would be a complete shitstorm with this kind of attitude. Most of us are here to help developers make this game better, not to make it harder for them. 

As for naming / shaming / accusing someone of something. "Don't start something you can't finish." If you really have to make a comment in a way to trigger some specific members on the forum, you should talk to them directly, constructively and in detail or don't comment like that at all. Because effectively you are not making this situation any better, you are making it even worse and most people won't even know who is it about. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

My guess is that this topic was created to stop this toxicity, not to increase it. 

If we can't be nice to each other when there are only a couple of us, what's going to happen once this game hits EA / release? That would be a complete shitstorm with this kind of attitude. Most of us are here to help developers make this game better, not to make it harder for them. 

As for naming / shaming / accusing someone of something. "Don't start something you can't finish." If you really have to make a comment in a way to trigger some specific members on the forum, you should talk to them directly, constructively and in detail or don't comment like that at all. Because effectively you are not making this situation any better, you are making it even worse and most people won't even know who is it about. 

Exactly, all this bullshit isn't helping anyone, in fact it's hurting the community as a whole and the Devs. How hard is it to behave like a normal human being and actually have a nice discussion without calling others troll or SJW's for not agreeing with your views, like come on! Most people here are over 20, some are even over 40... Start acting your age.. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, ZeakQ said:

Exactly, all this bullshit isn't helping anyone, in fact it's hurting the community as a whole and the Devs. How hard is it to behave like a normal human being and actually have a nice discussion without calling others troll or SJW's for not agreeing with your views, like come on! Most people here are over 20, some are even over 40... Start acting your age.. 

Zeak, quit it you are being straight up hypocritical, you don't help it by spreading the "drama" on discord either. You are part of the problem I speak of. Those of you who downvoted me are just proving my point and those that are telling me to "elaborate" and to name people are doing nothing more than trying to instigate. No matter what is said those people will not take responsibility for their actions nor stop it because their personalities are "i am the elite and my opinion is the only thing that counts". Cool thats great....go bring that somewhere else where 12 year olds look up to you

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

I feel like you're the biggest troll in this thread..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, FrosteR said:

Not sure why people care so much about some up or downvotes on a forum anyway. Just wait for the goddamn game to release and kick some ass.

Why do people care so much about ranks, stats, number of unlocks, k/d ratio in a game? They are competitive and will always compete about anything.... 

I was so gonna stay out of this discussion as it's never going anywhere but couldn't resist pointing this out, let the downvoteing begin...........

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Razor said:

Why do people care so much about ranks, stats, number of unlocks, k/d ratio in a game? They are competitive and will always compete about anything.... 

I was so gonna stay out of this discussion as it's never going anywhere but couldn't resist pointing this out, let the downvoteing begin...........

You do realise that is the whole point from the devs right? To create a Competitive game which can also cater the casual side. 

Meanwhile the casual side wants to do the opposite things that the devs have in mind.. just wait until the game is out?

And it's called an award system, to bring more players to the game, and hopefully make the scene bigger.

You will get a downvote from me cause i disagree with what you're saying so.

Edited by Ryssk
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

That's alright @Ryssk, you misunderstood my point! I know exactly what the devs have in mind and where they aim to go with the game! And I don't have a problem with that at all, I'm still here and can't wait for the alpha and for my team to run our own server in time. I was just pointing out FrosteR's question, people compete about everything... Even forum points and the devs even cheers this by having a forum Leaderboard. If there is a scoreboard present people will compete, troll and try to manipulate it xD

You didn't get a downvote from me since you explained your point as to why you downvoted me, would give you a upvote but I don't have more to give the forum tells me....

Peace out :ph34r:

Edited by Razor
  • Upvote 1

Hard to make real sense out of this anymore but as far as I understood, there are people who are salty because someone talked about them in Discord... Because it is speaking behind back, eh? What wrong there are if someone(s) voice out their slight frustration of someone/something at instant message chat like Discord channel which in this case could be seen as extended discussion board for forums? I see it as better choice than doing that same in forums where messages are more permanent and don't really fade out after heat of moment like in instant message chats. If this all pointless mud slinging would have been had in there, hardly anyone would remember it after few days (if we assume that it wouldn't be total meltdown). Additionally to this reason, I myself prefer IRC/Discord for this kind of discussions as I feel it to be easier to explain and get explained things there when most of useless clutter could be ignored also. Heck... if more than one people feel along same lines, there are probably some reason for it too.

I feel that it is stupid to even care that much of what someone said of your nickname in internet. Someone is always wrong at here... Welcome to the internet and grow thicker skin if even minor acts of annoyance against you feel so bad, even worse if you can't take any critical feedback. Reacting to something like that with aggressively (and maybe defensively) is just pouring more fuel on fire. I don't say that there aren't line to overstep but I think that currently people are trying to draw it closer than it should be.

What comes to smug comments like these "I know what you did wrong, but I won't tell you because you should know yourself" or otherwise implying bad things, I can olny ask what is the point to act like that if you don't dare to say it out loud? Especially if other person is asking you to elaborate what he/she did wrong by your opinion. In discussion where you are talking about not saying things out loud for person you are arguing with.

Pardon my French.... I just don't get this level of butthurt of everything nowadays.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Ryssk said:

You do realise that is the whole point from the devs right? To create a Competitive game which can also cater the casual side. 

Meanwhile the casual side wants to do the opposite things that the devs have in mind.. just wait until the game is out?

And it's called an award system, to bring more players to the game, and hopefully make the scene bigger.

You will get a downvote from me cause i disagree with what you're saying so.

This man just gave a down vote and explained why.. 

Putin approves

Putin.gif.79a5a83eb23fe17d1ae1acf90ad81eae.gif

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@xXclusiivE he made no more of a point than anyone else who down votes..

He down voted because he disagreed, well that's a shock?! Do you really need an explanation as to why you're downvoted? 

I upvote quite frequently, but I don't then comment saying "I'm upvoting because I agree" that is implied by the vote.

I can't believe how pathetic this is, it's almost getting cringy with the 'he said she said' running to the teacher type behaviour.

You lot are the start of the community, which will hopefully be a long lasting community, so get off your high horses and make this a place people want to get involved with. 

Downvote me? That's fine it means you disagree, upvote me? Cool, someone else agrees with my view.

Edited by ChubbyNinja
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, ChubbyNinja said:

@xXclusiivE he made no more of a point than anyone else who down votes..

He down voted because he disagreed, well that's a shock?! Do you really need an explanation as to why you're downvoted? 

I upvote quite frequently, but I don't then comment saying "I'm upvoting because I agree" that is implied by the vote.

I can't believe how pathetic this is, it's almost getting cringy with the 'he said she said' running to the teacher type behaviour.

You lot are the start of the community, which will hopefully be a long lasting community, so get off your high horses and make this a place people want to get involved with. 

Downvote me? That's fine it means you disagree, upvote me? Cool, someone else agrees with my view.

Oh this place has been going downhill since the big influx of people that came in around Dec of 2016 and when 70% of the people on here use the down vote button to troll yes when someone explains why they down voted its amazing! guess you really haven't been reading most of the post in this thread and a few others. 9_9

• Downvote 3

If removing the up- and downvotes will get rid of all the drama I'm all for it. Is it really that important to people?

I get it, if one gets downvoted it will always help and "feel better" when an explanation is added but as @ChubbyNinja said, some might do it simply because they disagree.
The same goes for upvotes, while not "as critical", an additional comment as to why the upvoted a certain post might just be because they agree.

Will there be people trolling and downvoting certain people just for the hell of it? Of course. This is the internet, that's nothing new.

Edited by chippy
  • Upvote 1